Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 95

Thread: Bomar draw stops for OD Binary Bowtech's

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, NH
    Posts
    98
    The stock draw stops showing some wear.

    Attached Images Attached Images


  2. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    8,979
    Quote Originally Posted by rjoy90 View Post
    The stock draw stops showing some wear.
    That serving separation is right where the cables make a very tight bend over the draw modules at full draw. They make pretty much a sharp 180° bend and that's a common spot to see the gapping you are experiencing. I try to serve the cables as tight as I can and it holds up well, although serving is like your tires.....it's a wearable item and will all eventually separate.

    The stops will hit about 2"-3" further down from there.
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, NH
    Posts
    98
    The pictures are 2-3 inches down from the bend. It's where the draw stops are hitting the serving. The rubber on the draw stop is wearing pretty good. With the new flat face draw stop it should minimize the wear on the serving.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    8,979
    Quote Originally Posted by rjoy90 View Post
    The pictures are 2-3 inches down from the bend. It's where the draw stops are hitting the serving. The rubber on the draw stop is wearing pretty good. With the new flat face draw stop it should minimize the wear on the serving.
    Here this will help illustrate what I'm talking about.

    Here is where the draw stops hit the cables at full draw.

    This is a Bowtech Insanity CPX at 28".

    Here we have the location of the draw stop contact highlighted with a silver Sharpie marker. As you can see at rest it is approximately 2" down from the edge of the cam.

    Here I have highlighted the sharp bend in the cable as it makes a 180° bend around the rotating draw length module.

    Now here you can see both highlighted Sharpie marks at rest, the one at the bottom edge of the cam is where is makes the tight bend around the cams draw length module (which is where you are seeing serving separation). The lower silver Sharpie mark is the contact location of the draw stop pegs. As you can see it is about 2" down from the edge of the cam.
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    8,979
    I hope that clears this up for you rjoy90. It's a misconception that the wear spot that you are seeing and experiencing is from the draw stop pegs when in fact it is from the tight bend over the modules.
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    25
    I have 2 sets ordered just waiting for them to come in.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    8,979
    Quote Originally Posted by sidro View Post
    I have 2 sets ordered just waiting for them to come in.
    They're really nice. They definitely firm up the back wall which in turn gives you less vertical misses down range.
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    8,979
    For all of you guys who have ordered in the past few days I am out of them until Thursday. I will have 20+ ready to ship Thursday. Some of the shipping labels are already printed so if you have received a tracking number that's not activated yet that's why.

    As always thanks for all of your business. I really appreciate it.
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony219er View Post
    For all of you guys who have ordered in the past few days I am out of them until Thursday. I will have 20+ ready to ship Thursday. Some of the shipping labels are already printed so if you have received a tracking number that's not activated yet that's why.

    As always thanks for all of your business. I really appreciate it.
    Are two of them headed to Texas?

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, NH
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony219er View Post
    I hope that clears this up for you rjoy90. It's a misconception that the wear spot that you are seeing and experiencing is from the draw stop pegs when in fact it is from the tight bend over the modules.
    That sure does..
    Thanks for the detailed lesson..lol
    This string set isn't that old got them installed beginning of June. I guess a lot of tension/stress on that part of serving. Again thank you and look forward to recieving the new draw stops.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    8,979
    Quote Originally Posted by sidro View Post
    Are two of them headed to Texas?
    Yes sir! You should be receiving a tracking number from Stamps.com to the email address in your PayPal payment.
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    8,979
    Quote Originally Posted by rjoy90 View Post
    That sure does..
    Thanks for the detailed lesson..lol
    This string set isn't that old got them installed beginning of June. I guess a lot of tension/stress on that part of serving. Again thank you and look forward to recieving the new draw stops.
    You bet. I in no way was trying to be condescending, I hope nobody took it that way. I get alot of guys asking why their draw stops are wearing the serving so badly and I always ask them for pics and then tell them that it's from the tight bend around the modules......usually they reply with a NO its from the draw stops. In which case I wish them luck lol.
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    8,979
    Quote Originally Posted by rjoy90 View Post
    That sure does..
    Thanks for the detailed lesson..lol
    This string set isn't that old got them installed beginning of June. I guess a lot of tension/stress on that part of serving. Again thank you and look forward to recieving the new draw stops.
    Yes theirs a ton of pressure right there, sometimes the stars align and you will have no serving separation whatsoever.....other times it does start to gap like that. It usually happens on my personal Invasion around the 1,000 shot mark.

    Their's a few things that will cause it to wear out prematurely.

    1) serving not tight enough
    2) not served with the appropriate serving mat'l (Bullwhip, Halo or Majesty is my preferred for cables)
    3) string diameter too thick
    4) half twist adjustments on the single endloop end of the cables. This is equivalent to bending a piece of metal back and forth, eventually the metal breaks....same goes for the serving and no matter how tight it is, who served it and with what it will separate.
    5) all of the above
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    8,979
    Quote Originally Posted by rjoy90 View Post
    That sure does..
    Thanks for the detailed lesson..lol
    This string set isn't that old got them installed beginning of June. I guess a lot of tension/stress on that part of serving. Again thank you and look forward to recieving the new draw stops.
    If that's the case I wouldn't be happy. Having the strings on for only a month and the servings already separated tell me you are going to continue to have issues and they will only get worse. I'd be willing to bet the cables are too thick. Do you have a micrometer or dial caliper to measure the OD of the served areas? I like to stay in the 0.100"-0.105" range on all my customers builds, they seem to hold up best at that diameter and I have guys who shoot 50-100 arrows a day, every day for the past 6-8 months and their strings look brand new still.

    Who built your strings if you don't mind my asking? Whomever it is should at least re-serve the cables. Like I said though the servings will eventually start to gap and wear but that shouldn't happen until thousands and thousands of shots. My Invasion does it after a couple thousand shots and mainly because I run thicker than normal cables which causes the gaping because it is actually getting "choked" in the module grooves.
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, NH
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony219er View Post
    If that's the case I wouldn't be happy. Having the strings on for only a month and the servings already separated tell me you are going to continue to have issues and they will only get worse. I'd be willing to bet the cables are too thick. Do you have a micrometer or dial caliper to measure the OD of the served areas? I like to stay in the 0.100"-0.105" range on all my customers builds, they seem to hold up best at that diameter and I have guys who shoot 50-100 arrows a day, every day for the past 6-8 months and their strings look brand new still.

    Who built your strings if you don't mind my asking? Whomever it is should at least re-serve the cables. Like I said though the servings will eventually start to gap and wear but that shouldn't happen until thousands and thousands of shots. My Invasion does it after a couple thousand shots and mainly because I run thicker than normal cables which causes the gaping because it is actually getting "choked" in the module grooves.
    Tony
    Didn't take your comments condescending what so ever. I had my wife take a picture of the cam at full draw and it was like a light bulb going on... I'll be dam it isn't the draw stop.
    The shop I go to sells vapor trail so that's what I had installed.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    8,979
    Quote Originally Posted by rjoy90 View Post
    Tony
    Didn't take your comments condescending what so ever. I had my wife take a picture of the cam at full draw and it was like a light bulb going on... I'll be dam it isn't the draw stop.
    The shop I go to sells vapor trail so that's what I had installed.
    Hahaha. Yeah I've had plenty of those moments. I would measure the OD of the served area of the cables and see if it's possibly too thick. Sometimes that will cause separation as fast as anything. It looks like Halo serving on them which usually grips and resists gapping as good well as anything.
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    8,979
    Fresh batch of draw stops are due in today. So anybody who ordered after I ran out will have theirs shipped this afternoon. Thanks again for all the orders guys!
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    8,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony219er View Post
    The Bomar stops are thicker than the stock pegs, they will shorten draw length appx 1/16"-1/8" and increase holding weight a couple pounds.
    I stand corrected on this one. They are actually the same diameter when measured from the center of the screw/stud. I spoke with Sheilah about it and she indeed said they were identical.
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony219er View Post
    I stand corrected on this one. They are actually the same diameter when measured from the center of the screw/stud. I spoke with Sheilah about it and she indeed said they were identical.
    I think where the difference is is because the stock bomar (without moleskin added) are not spongy like the standard "rubberized" draw stops...so they feel a tad shorter due to them being so solid.

    LC

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    8,979
    Ok I think I got everyone's orders shipped and most of you should have received a tracking number via PayPal email or Stamps.com email.

    Thanks again for your business fella's!
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    8,979
    I have a butt load of black stops back in stock and in most instances they will ship same day.
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    1,458
    do all overdrive bowtechs have the same stops? or are they model and year specific?

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kempton Park, South Africa
    Posts
    214
    Hi Tony

    Do you ship to South Africa?

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony219er View Post
    I'd tweak the cables personally.
    T. can you explain this one? I want to order the stops but dont want to mess up the tune you put on my experience.

    Thanks.

    B

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Crown Point, IN
    Posts
    8,979
    Quote Originally Posted by lost american View Post
    do all overdrive bowtechs have the same stops? or are they model and year specific?
    Yes sir.

    Quote Originally Posted by jcdup View Post
    Hi Tony

    Do you ship to South Africa?
    Sure will, just cover the extra shipping costs.

    T. can you explain this one? I want to order the stops but dont want to mess up the tune you put on my experience.
    Thanks.
    Sure. He feels that he lost a little bit of draw length after installing the Bomar's. Now it's very possible that he did and if so it's a tiny, tiny bit....the reason most guys feel like they lost some draw length is because of the firmer back wall and with the large flat surface area contacting the cables they have no give unlike the stock pegs which allow the cables to "bend" around them when pulling hard into the stops.

    So by twisting the cables up 2-3 twists he will get the draw length back and also increase the let off % resulting in a more "comfortable" feel.
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •