Thread: Normal?

Normal?

Complete xbow newb here. I just bought a TenPoint Turbo XLT and have been shooting about 15-20 arrows per day. I started with the aluminum arrows it came with and quickly noticed that one would not group with the others. Today I grabbed 3 of my Pro Elite arrows assuming more consistent results. 2 of the arrows consistently shot the bull at 30 yards, 1 was 3-5" away. Is this normal with new arrows? Can I find more consistent arrows? If so, what brand and model would you recommend? Also, all shots have been with field points, no broad heads yet.

Tune the nock on it to spine should make the off the one that's a flyer. You should have the Omni's with just turn nock till you get good flight out of that one.

I had the a similar issue with one of the Pro Elite arrows that had the lighted Omni Brite nocks. Two of the 3 sht great but one consistently hit about 5-7" right of the other Pro Elites. I tried different cock vanes down to rotated thinking this might change the way the spine reacted but it didn't make a different. It was was just a flier and I couldn't get it to change I guess.
    Mathews Z7 73/30
    Spot Hogg Real Deal w/Wrap
    Rip Cord Code Red, K-Tech 5" Twin/ KSB1
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 450s, Nockturnals, NAP Killzone TT
    Mathews T5 Quiver

I have a Turbo XLT II and shoot Black Eagle Executioner arrows....They have been spine indexed and they are awesome shooting arrows....
    The Holy scriptures which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus
    TenPoint Turbo XLT II
    430 gr Black Eagle Executioners
    100 gr Slick Trick Magnums

Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    I have a Turbo XLT II and shoot Black Eagle Executioner arrows....They have been spine indexed and they are awesome shooting arrows....
    There'sya arrows ... For the most part crossbow arrows are a lot of trash. Black Eagle makes a good arrow and Gold Tip LazerIII's seem to get decent press ... although I personally distrust anything GoldTip.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

Yea I was thinking when I can afford carbons getting some Bee's but the Shadow drained my funds right now being out of work with 3 kids but at least I have a nice crossbow and some bolts to shoot life is good.

Guys, I've been out of the archery game for 20 years, never used carbons before. Please slow it down a bit, explain indexing and spine. Also, how do you rotate an omni nock, isn't it glued?

wayspr, spine indexing is finding the stiff side of an arrow. All arrows have a stiff and weak side and when that weak side of an arrow is on the left or right you are going to get left and right flight. For your arrows that are already fletched up just rotate the arrow until that one comes back into the group and mark your cock vane. Using the omni nocks makes it easy since you don't have to worry about indexing the nock correctly. I call it poor man tuning. Its not as good as paying for spine indexed arrows but it works.
    John 3:16
    Matrix 380

Check the fletchings as well...some factory ones may have a vane thats a bit off kilter.
    Sometimes it could be operator fatigue,pulling shots etc etc.
    Sometimes you get a "flyer"
    Sometimes...ya just gotta scratch your head and go "hmmm".

Try turning the nock if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by pinshooter View Post
    wayspr, spine indexing is finding the stiff side of an arrow. All arrows have a stiff and weak side and when that weak side of an arrow is on the left or right you are going to get left and right flight. For your arrows that are already fletched up just rotate the arrow until that one comes back into the group and mark your cock vane. Using the omni nocks makes it easy since you don't have to worry about indexing the nock correctly. I call it poor man tuning. Its not as good as paying for spine indexed arrows but it works.
    great answer!!
    Btw..love Mt. Airy!!....alot of people dont know that the "Andy Griffith" show was based on the town.
    dated a girl from there back in the 90s...Amelia Evans...real sweet woman.

Grabbed the 11 remaining ProElites yesterday and did a little "poor man tuning". Out of those 11, 3 had a different point of impact (poi). Sure enough, rotate the arrow and the poi shifts. Out of those 3, 2 came into the same poi as the others, 1 will be a discharge arrow. Thanks for the help guys.

Alright guys, more info on my Pro Elites. Out of 12, 7 shoot great, 3 are consistently off by 1-2" at 30 yards regardless of which way I load em, 1 is a POS that will be a discharge arrow, 1 was destroyed. I've been looking at the BEEs from Wyvern and South Shore. Is it worth paying for the customs or will the factory fletched be consistent enough? I'm not looking for competition type accuracy just piece of mind that if I do my part the arrow will do its. BTW, I have that piece of mind with 7 of my current arrows.