Thread: Onza 3

Onza 3

Has anyone shot the Onza 3??? I'm about to start saving up to buy a new bow and retire my dads old Tiger that he gave me. I have looked at a lot of different bows and I have narrowed down to 2 bows the Bowtech Assassin and Martin Onza3.

Has anyone shot the Onza 3 and if so would it make a good hunting bow??? Does it have a smooth draw?? How is the vibration????

I would go to my local bow shop and shoot them but they supply Matthews and Hoyt

Better off looking at the Lithium now.
    2014 Martin Lithium :: 2007 Martin Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-Down
    REAL AVID Field Staff :: Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Great bow shoots awesome would make a great huntin bow and can pick one up for a great price its a win win
    2013 Onza XT w Barnesdale limbs
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc Pro Nitro 2 Cams
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter w/ Nitro 2 Cams
    2006 Martin Cougar Se Dyna Cams
    Love bows and everthing bout bowhunting!!

does the trick. i picked mine up for i think around 350? on ebay. hard to beat that for the price.

20140215_093627_resized.jpg
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPX
    2012 Martin Onza 3
    2011 Martin Saber

Love mine!
    2011 Martin Onza ~ Tru-Glo Xtreme ~ QAD Ultra HD ~ Smooth Stability Stab ~ Tight Spot
    2004 Martin Phantom II ~ Nitrous B Shoot-thru ~ Elite Limbs ~ Martin Steel Rest ~ Sure-Loc/Black Eagle
    2007 Martin Slayer ~ Nitrous C Shoot-thru ~ Brite Site Tuner Rest Sure-Loc/Black Eagle
    NRA Life Member

I was on the Martin website and couldn't find the Eclypse...i was trying to price some of their bows but couldn't find it

http://www.martinarchery.com/2014/co...emier/eclypse/

2011 Martin Onza ~ Tru-Glo Xtreme ~ QAD Ultra HD ~ Smooth Stability Stab ~ Tight Spot
    2004 Martin Phantom II ~ Nitrous B Shoot-thru ~ Elite Limbs ~ Martin Steel Rest ~ Sure-Loc/Black Eagle
    2007 Martin Slayer ~ Nitrous C Shoot-thru ~ Brite Site Tuner Rest Sure-Loc/Black Eagle
    NRA Life Member

The Eclypse looks like a renamed Bengal pro. Also low cost on ebay. I think there are 2013 Onza models for near the same cost on ebay as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash07 View Post
    I was on the Martin website and couldn't find the Eclypse...i was trying to price some of their bows but couldn't find it
    Did you try looking at the ad I have in the classifieds on the Tech Forum? Take a look.
    PRESERVE, PROTECT, AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES FROM ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, including the POTUS
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    UBP Life Member,PSAA Life Member
    Hutch~N~Son strings by Bowstring Depot

I have a AlienXT which is nothing more than a OnzaXT. It shoots right there with my Elite35. It is a fine bow. The group in the picture is a 100 yard group. The video is of the 100 yard shots that made the group. Good bow. If the Lithium is as good or better I would go with the Lithium and split limbs.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 PSE Bow Madness XL 60 lbs @ 30"
    2012 Rytera Alien XT Hybrix 2.0 cams 65 lbs @ 30"
    2013 PSE EVO Max 70 lbs @ 30"
    2014 ELITE Energy 35 70 lbs @ 30" (Won it here on AT!!)

I love it. No matter how fast a bow is that 100 yards sure puts the archery back into archery. Not bad shooting at all, but you're about 1 yard low with the sight. LOL. Impressive to say the least.
    PRESERVE, PROTECT, AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES FROM ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, including the POTUS
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    UBP Life Member,PSAA Life Member
    Hutch~N~Son strings by Bowstring Depot

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdriver55 View Post
    I have a AlienXT which is nothing more than a OnzaXT. It shoots right there with my Elite35. It is a fine bow. The group in the picture is a 100 yard group. The video is of the 100 yard shots that made the group. Good bow. If the Lithium is as good or better I would go with the Lithium and split limbs.

Shoots right with the Energy in what way????? I shot the 32 and it was pretty damn smooth....if that statement does indeed seem true I would rather pick the Onza because of cheaper price

I have been going back and forth on what bow I wanna buy and just wish there was someone around me that had an 2013 Onza or Alien for me to shoot....I really like the Elite Energy 32 but $800 bare bow is a lot to drop on a bow I'm only gonna shoot a few times a year (mainly need a hunting bow)....I really like the look of the Onza...now I did see a few 2013 Alien reviews and every one of them said it was dead quiet, butter smooth, and almost vibration free.......the Alien and Onza are on my list of potential bows along with the Assassin.......just too many choices to choose from and no way to test the ones I really want....just going off of looks and what little reviews there are on youtube
    This is my Bow
    There are many like it but this one is mine
    Without me....my bow is nothing
    Without my bow....I am nothing

onza 3 is a great bow. shot deer and spots with it. Like the little longer ata and speed is good. You cant beat the nitro 2.0 cams in my opinion, havent shot the nitro3 cams yet but will. I am currently selling my cougar fc pro fully set up that has the nitro 2.0 cams on it. 32" ata, 7" brace, and 345 ibo. That's hard to beat. I'm keeping my onza for spots though

Handful of shots with the 2014 Lithium - Onza upgrade - will be putting up some more videos in the coming weeks, waiting on some new strings.
    2014 Martin Lithium :: 2007 Martin Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-Down
    REAL AVID Field Staff :: Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post

Handful of shots with the 2014 Lithium - Onza upgrade - will be putting up some more videos in the coming weeks, waiting on some new strings.
    Just wish I had the money for a Lithium/Nemesis

Its funny cuz I don't like Hoyts bridged riser design but something about Martins looks just awesome
    This is my Bow
    There are many like it but this one is mine
    Without me....my bow is nothing
    Without my bow....I am nothing