Thread: Who here JUICES? ***Non PHD question***

Who here JUICES? ***Non PHD question***

Looking for any good thoughts on them. What some health benefits are. And also where's the best place to find recipes with calorie and macro info included?

And I just realized I said non "PHD", instead of "PED" question...

But nobody juices?

I know people that do, they have the time and money to do it and are looking for healthier diet and lifestyle, so they juice fruit and veges.
    They like it. I personally haven't tried it, and don't think my stomach would handle it! Prefer a juicy steak or some stir fry, any day of the week.
    Do you juice? Thoughts on it?

Just bought one, but haven't tried it out yet. I've just been thinking that I don't really see any benefits of it. If you're trying to lose weight, but go putting tons of fruits in there, your juice will have more calories in it than a couple eggs and isn't as beneficial for someone looking to get the protein and stuff like that.

When I brought this calorie point up to my buddies wife, who is trying to juice to lose weight. She said "the calories don't matter, because it's juice". So after the dumb look on my face went away I asked her how then it wasn't working for her. That didn't go well.

Anyway, just looking for other peoples thoughts on it.

Been juicing for years. Finally bought a Blendtec and I'll never own anything else. We grow our own vegetables and berries and Management is a naturopath, so I just ask her what ought to go in.

We use one.. My wife has lost weight as a "shake" replaces a meal. Fruits veggies nuts water .... even milk shakes with hidden veggies for the kids they dont know whats in there ....!!!!!!!! Great for digestive health... her Dr told her to put metamucil in the shakes too.... because she has diverticulitis and she has not had a flare up since juicing regularly.!!

i went on a ''juicing'' trial last year, its cool but not for me, i just eat a lot of veggies, lots of water, workout, cut the calories and im doing great

oh yeah the first couple of weeks of doing it you will be on the number 2 a lot because juicing puts your body into a shock and it naturally is detoxifying your body
    Custom Rudderbow Diamondback Skin Longbow 53#
    Bear Showdown~Extreme optics, Whisker biscuit, Limbsaver s-coil, Beman Bowhunter arrows, NAP scorpion XP's 100 grain
    Kodabow Bravo Zulu~Bee's, Hawke Optics, Slick tricks

To be honest, I read "JUICES" and I immediately thought "STEROIDS".
    2008 Hoyt Helix 25", Blue, KAYA Archery K1 Fiber Limbs 38#
    2010 Mathews Drenaline LD 60#, Black Cherry, 54.5#
    Misc: 30" 7.4oz Doinker Alumi-Komp stab, Easton Dog Bone Armguard, Bohning Adult Target Quiver

My wife juiced in the past to try to naturally treat some health problems and it worked. It is pretty time consuming and we would spend 1 night a week preparing 3-4 days of juice. After the 3-4 days the juice got pretty ripe and wasn't very good. The base of the juice we would make was from carrots (about 10#'s worth), a couple apples, celery, broccoli and kale. If I wasn't planning on drinking it, than my wife would put in cucumbers in it.

It honestly doesn't taste bad, and my wife's health did improve. I believe it can be very beneficial, and is an easy way to get a good serving of veggies in.

We would probably still do it if it wasn't so time consuming.

If it would have any recommendation, it would be to strain your juice (with a fine strainer) before drinking it or it will be pretty grainy. Oh and take your pulp to a local dumpster ( or use it as mulch) because your trash will smell pretty ripe if it sits in there for a week.

10. I juice once a day. On days that I don't start out with a juice I feel aggitated. It's time consuming but worth it.

I thought you were asking about doing steroids too. I bought a juicer a few years back. I'll tell you, first thing in the morning I juice 3 carrots, 2 apples, 2 oranges and a 1" chunk of fresh ginger and BAM !
    It's an almost instant rush of energy. Better than a double espresso. And no energy crash an hour later. It tapers off gradually over a couple of hours and then I can snack at around 10 am.
    Staff shooter for Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers

Staff shooter for Deer Crossing Archery

Quote Originally Posted by zephus View Post
    To be honest, I read "JUICES" and I immediately thought "STEROIDS".
    me to
    "No animal was ever lost because the arrow penetrated too far"
    DR. Ed Ashby