Thread: Is this limb about to delaminate ? Help!

Is this limb about to delaminate ? Help!

Pics to follow. Let me no what you guys think ? Thanks

Best I could do with pic! See the black line/split? I'm scared to shoot it! It's only 5 month old & not shot very much!

Don't shoot it ! Take to your dealer they will inspect, think you need now ones.
    2014 Bowtech CPXL - HHA OL 5010, Pro V, Gold Tip Pro 22's
    2013 Bowtech Experience - Spot Hogg Real Deal, Pro V, Gold Tip Pro Hunters

"My biggest fear is when im dead and gone, that my wife will sell my archery gear for what I told her I paid for everything."

Really hard to tell from the pic but if you have any question, it's always better to get it checked out.
    Bear Anarchy 29" 70#, QAD HDX, TruGlo Tru-Site Extreme compact micro-adjust, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

It looks like it.

When in doubt, check it out!
    Owner: **Precision Tune ** When good enough just ain't good enough!

Yeah I got it new from a dealer on here, so not sure about the warranty is valid?

I sent bowtech pics of the same line on my limbs on my rpm 360 and they told me not to worry there just casting marks when the limbs are made haven't had a problem yet and that was a month ago at least 250 arrows since then
    Bowtech Invasion 28/70 Dipped in green Skulls ,Bowtech rpm 28/70 black ops,spothogg hoggfather sight ,QAD rest,Tightspot quiver

bowpics4 006.jpgheres a pic of my limb
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bowtech Invasion 28/70 Dipped in green Skulls ,Bowtech rpm 28/70 black ops,spothogg hoggfather sight ,QAD rest,Tightspot quiver

Quote Originally Posted by bow tech user View Post
    bowpics4 006.jpgheres a pic of my limb
    Thanks for the pics, but that line/split wasn't there when I got it . It's not even running parallel ? Cast marks would be symmetrical ( even) at least in my experience with concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe2698 View Post
    Thanks for the pics, but that line/split wasn't there when I got it . It's not even running parallel ? Cast marks would be symmetrical ( even) at least in my experience with concrete.
    It's hard to see , but the line is not the same. It's not the same layer, I've had 3 cpxs & never seen lines like this.

I don't believe that it's about to let go on you. But like they say, when in doubt, check it out.

BowTech Pro Staff, JBK Pro Staff, AAE Field Staff, Black Eagle Pro Staff. 2012 Insanity CPX, B Stinger Stabilizer, CBE TEK Hunter Pro Sight .AAE Pro Drop rest,. Stan shootoff release and Black Eagle Carnivores. 2012 Specailist with Sure Loc Supreme Sights, AAE Freakshow, and Black Eagle Magnums.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdeer View Post
    I don't believe that it's about to let go on you. But like they say, when in doubt, check it out.
    Sent some better pics to my dealer & he said he would see what he could do . Hopefully Bowtech will do us right . I'll try to post better pics for you guys as well.

bow11 001.jpg Here is a pic of the limb

That photo actually looks like it has separation - but hard to tell from photo. Ideal thing would be to put "some" pressure on limb and see if mark changes any. Not much pressure - sure wouldn't wish to pull to full draw by any means. What weight draw are the limbs?

Ken H>

bow11 001.jpg Here is a pic of the limb
    If it were me, I'd press the bow, remove the strings and cables, remove the bow from the press and then examine the limb. If when you take pressure off of it, the "crack" changes shape or looks, then you have your answer.
    Bear Anarchy 29" 70#, QAD HDX, TruGlo Tru-Site Extreme compact micro-adjust, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

Quote Originally Posted by KenHo View Post
    That photo actually looks like it has separation - but hard to tell from photo. Ideal thing would be to put "some" pressure on limb and see if mark changes any. Not much pressure - sure wouldn't wish to pull to full draw by any means. What weight draw are the limbs?

Ken H>
    60lb limbs , yeah thought about doing what your saying but don't want to make it worse.

Joe, after thinking about it myself some, there is a LOTS of energy stored in 60# limbs with no draw on them. Just pulling back a few inches just increases that stored energy - "IF" it did get worse, it could go POW!!! almost from rest. Yep, you're smart - let someone else look at it, and see what manuf says.

Ken H>

Quote Originally Posted by KenHo View Post
    Joe, after thinking about it myself some, there is a LOTS of energy stored in 60# limbs with no draw on them. Just pulling back a few inches just increases that stored energy - "IF" it did get worse, it could go POW!!! almost from rest. Yep, you're smart - let someone else look at it, and see what manuf says.

Ken H>
    yeah, that's what I'm thinking ! Rather have it in this state then totally blown up with more damage still waiting to
    Here from the dealer , been over a week with no response ! My carbon overdrive is down with a nicked strand, haven't been able to shoot in 3 weeks ! This sucks!! Guess I'm gonna start shooting my sons CK just to stay in archery shape. This is my 5 BT in 4 years 1st problem ( besides flakes lol!) right about now I'd take the flakes!! Guess I won't be buying from online dealers anymore !! I spent $1200 on this set up : BT experience , pro v strings & tune & 1dz maxima reds . Smoking deal IMO ! Guess I won't be going this route next year! Just my luck first time buying this way & it bit me in the ass!!

yeah, that's what I'm thinking ! Rather have it in this state then totally blown up with more damage still waiting to
    Here from the dealer , been over a week with no response ! My carbon overdrive is down with a nicked strand, haven't been able to shoot in 3 weeks ! This sucks!! Guess I'm gonna start shooting my sons CK just to stay in archery shape. This is my 5 BT in 4 years 1st problem ( besides flakes lol!) right about now I'd take the flakes!! Guess I won't be buying from online dealers anymore !! I spent $1200 on this set up : BT experience , pro v strings & tune & 1dz maxima reds . Smoking deal IMO ! Guess I won't be going this route next year! Just my luck first time buying this way & it bit me in the ass!!
    meant to say limb driver pro v & vt strings.