Thread: ATA is a little long

ATA is a little long

Just measured my ATA and found it 1/16 " too long and BH 1/32" too long.
    Bow is a 2014 Bear Authority ATA from factory was 31" and BH 6 3/4".
    Limb bolts are at their max all the way down, so I should be getting 60#,
    but I don't have good bow scale to confirm this.
    My question is which cable do I twist or is it the string in need of twisting?

Who gave me these darn directions anyway ??

2014 Bear Authority

Add a twist to the control cable. Should only have one on that bow. Id recommend getting a cheapy scale to check draw weight as well. Then you will know if you have enough twists in your string also.
    "What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected." --Chief Seattle

Thanx Hunter, so add the twist to the lower end of the cable where it attaches to the cam and not at the splits in the yoke end .
    Who gave me these darn directions anyway ??

2014 Bear Authority

The bow specs listed in the manufacturer's catalogs only give a person a ball park figure.

If your arrows are grouping well at the distances you shoot, then you do not need to make any changes. The 2 elements that are very important are DW and DL. If your bow is reaching its max DW and your arrows group, then all is okay. If you can get your preferred DL out of it at the DW your desire and arrows group well, then all is okay.

BH and ATA are pretty much along for the ride in the greater scheme of things.
    '11 Hoyt Alpha Elite (Z5)--Field/FITA....'13 Hoyt PCE (GTX)--Spots...'11 Hoyt Alpha Elite (Fuel)--For Sale?
    Member: NFAA....USA Archery....LOFT Archery Team....
    Gail Peterson