Thread: Advice on tree stand harness

Advice on tree stand harness

What tree stand harnesses our u ladies using I need to find one that fits me but not sure what is a good one out there for us ladies. thank

Check out the Hunter Safety Systems. They have female specific models and are probably the best harnesses on the market anyway.
    Bear Anarchy HC
    Bear Anarchy
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

I need a new one too. I've heard hunter safety is the way to go but haven't tried any yet. I'd love to hear what others say as well.

I just got the new Tree Spider Micro Harness women's and it's great! I love how light it is and how small everything is. I do not like vest styles and so this one was perfect for me. I was going to get the regular micro then they came out with a women's. It works with my scent blocker jacket so all I have to do is clip it in my jacket and put my jacket on and my harness is on. Great for early season too, very light weight.
    Love my Martin Alien!

Shel74 so do u have to have the jacket to work with the harness?

Quote Originally Posted by maverickj99 View Post
    Shel74 so do u have to have the jacket to work with the harness?
    No, it works independently.
    Love my Martin Alien!

Cool. Thanks

That's awesome which scent blocker stuff do u have because I was going to get the outfitter gear and that's great if the harness will work with it

Quote Originally Posted by jpilato21 View Post
    That's awesome which scent blocker stuff do u have because I was going to get the outfitter gear and that's great if the harness will work with it
    I have a Sola Jacket, found it during summer for a huge discount! It will have a Tree Spider logo on it if it works together, the great thing is the jacket has a hole in the back that the strap goes through so it's not on your neck. The hole is downward facing so if you just wear the jacket it's water resistant.
    Love my Martin Alien!

Awesome thank you so much for the advice

I have the lady pro by hunter safety systems. The vest type doesn't bother me. I like how many pockets i have to put stuff in when i head to my stand. It even has 2 zipper pockets that i put my release in when i head out since i shoot a thumb release i know i won't lose it walking to the woods.
    2014 Elite Spirit, QAD Ultra Hdx Rest, CBE , Truball Sweet Spot 2, Black Eagle Challengers, Bohning Vanes
    Member of Black Eagle, Bohning, and Truball Prostaff

Ya I now have a thumb release my boyfriend let me shoot his and I feel in love with it so he went and bought me one and that's my fear is losing it walking, in,so it would be nice to have a pocket to put it in I just don't know if I like the vest type harness thanks for the advice everyone

I got the Lady Pro by Hunter Safety Systems last year. Wow what a difference it made in fit. Liked it so much I bought my daughter one too.
    LH Mathews Heli-m, 26" 53lb, GoldTip 3555, AAE pro drop rest, Axcel sight, Dead Center stablizer, T.R.U. Ball Baby HT release.
    LH Mathews MR6 26" 51lbs, CXL Pro 150s, AAE Pro drop rest, CBE sight, Dead Center stabilizer, T.R.U. Ball Outlaw Release

I have a Muddy harness and really like it. I've heard great things about Hunter Safety Systems though and plan to try one soon as well.
    Using Tapatalk

I received my cabelas flyer and the Tree Spider Micro is listed for $89.99 for stock on hand but the description online is not showing the sales price and states it does not include a climbing belt. Thoughts?

I don't use a climbing belt so I never noticed if it came with one. You can find it online at a couple stores including Amazon for $89 or less. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product//B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Love my Martin Alien!

Here are my thoughts as a guy who works for a retailer and sells all these brands of harnesses. All will work if used properly. Not all come with all the accessories you should have. The Hunter Safety Systems and Muddy include the suspension relief strap, the linesman/climbing belt and the tree strap. The Tree Spiders don't include the linesman/climbing belt so you would need to purchase that separately. The Tree Spider buckles are louder than the other 2 because they are not coated in a quiet rubbery coating that the HSS and Muddy are. The HSS and Tree Spider are easier to get into than the Muddy because the buckle around the legs where the Muddy you have to run the strap through the buckle rather than just insert the male end into the female end. The Tree Spider buckles across the chest are smaller and less heavy duty than the Muddy and MUCH less heavy duty than the HSS. The buckle on the Tree Spider is like what you would see on a childes school backpack. I'm not sure I'd want to fall out of a tree with it. Although I know the Tree Spider are adequate, I really like the larger buckle on the HSS. I also like the placement of the HSS and Muddy chest buckles over the Tree Spider. The Tree Spider has theirs much higher than the other two. I talked to one guy who was testing his Tree Spider Micro Speed harness and he said that his leg straps slid up his leg when he stepped off his stand and when that happened, the chest buckle came up by his neck and was annoying. Now Tree Spider has a harness that has the buckle lower but it's a vest style and it's no longer listed on their website.

That's my insights to these and I hope they are helpful. I'm glad to see that people are taking these seriously and using them.
    Bear Anarchy HC
    Bear Anarchy
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinsker View Post
    Here are my thoughts as a guy who works for a retailer and sells all these brands of harnesses. All will work if used properly. Not all come with all the accessories you should have. The Hunter Safety Systems and Muddy include the suspension relief strap, the linesman/climbing belt and the tree strap. The Tree Spiders don't include the linesman/climbing belt so you would need to purchase that separately. The Tree Spider buckles are louder than the other 2 because they are not coated in a quiet rubbery coating that the HSS and Muddy are. The HSS and Tree Spider are easier to get into than the Muddy because the buckle around the legs where the Muddy you have to run the strap through the buckle rather than just insert the male end into the female end. The Tree Spider buckles across the chest are smaller and less heavy duty than the Muddy and MUCH less heavy duty than the HSS. The buckle on the Tree Spider is like what you would see on a childes school backpack. I'm not sure I'd want to fall out of a tree with it. Although I know the Tree Spider are adequate, I really like the larger buckle on the HSS. I also like the placement of the HSS and Muddy chest buckles over the Tree Spider. The Tree Spider has theirs much higher than the other two. I talked to one guy who was testing his Tree Spider Micro Speed harness and he said that his leg straps slid up his leg when he stepped off his stand and when that happened, the chest buckle came up by his neck and was annoying. Now Tree Spider has a harness that has the buckle lower but it's a vest style and it's no longer listed on their website.

That's my insights to these and I hope they are helpful. I'm glad to see that people are taking these seriously and using them.
    Wow. All great points. I also remember now that I do not like the strap placement on the current harness I use because it sits across my chest and sometimes interferes with my draw. I guess I'm really going to have to go try them on. The ease of snapping leg buckles would be nice because now I feed the strap through and also a coating to make it quiet would be great since I know I've hit mine on the stand in the past. Thanks!

I had to contact Tree Spider because the suspension relief stamp wasn't in the package but they sent one out immediately no charge since the package says it's included. I'm also getting the Tree Spider Livewire for the fall, I hunt alone a lot and although I let people know where I am if I fall or the stand falls I'd rather be lowered to the ground and not hanging.

Trying them on is a great idea, some of the harnesses are too long or too short even though I'm average height at 5'6" so I fall in the middle but the sizes they claim don't always match up. Also the chest strap moves on mine which is great!
    Love my Martin Alien!

I use the Spider and love it. Easy on and off. I also have HSS vest... Way too heavy
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder....Blacked Out
    HHA Optimizer Lite QAD Ultra Rest HDX
    Hoyt Vixen....Blacked Out

Tag Out

hey girls, im signed on under my husbands name. buuuuutttt.... MUDDY makes a nice one. It comes with everything u need. Even a way to attach urself to the tree while hanging lock ons. I dont know how many other women hang up lock ons themselves, but its nice to have the option to be able to do it when and if u need to. It also has a short, line mens rope, thingy, as ur attachment while ur climbing instead of the stupid seatbelt buckle things. Which makes it easier to move up as ur climbing. (u girls like my terminology? i just woke up so shhh..) Farly inexpensive, dicks sporting goods. The womens one has pink writting. Very comfortable and "tangle free".

Anyone try the new HSS women's vest yet?
    ~2011 Elite Hunter RT AP 25" DL, 52/53 lb, QAD HDX, CJ Mark I, Beman ICS Hunter 500s~
    ~2013 Elite Hunter Black Riser/Snow Camo Limbs 25.5" DL, 50lb-ish , VT Limbdriver Pro, Black Gold Widowmaker, GT Velocity XT 500s~
    ~Trails Cams: P32, P41, S40, SpyPoint IR5~

I just got the Gorilla Gear G-Tac women's harness and I like that it's lightweight and not bulky.
    Bowtech Invasion

Genesis 27:3
    "Now then, please take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me;"

I have the tree spider because it has the box that lowers you if you fall (Livewire). I have the vest and love it. I know there are more minimal harnesses out there though.

http://www.robinsonoutdoors.com/tree-spider/
    "Grace wouldn't be grace if you could earn it. I'm saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ."