Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen 1 Hawke XB30 CLOSEOUT!!

I've never seen the new pro in person but just looking online I know I would not like it as much as the original. I think it would have been fine if they hadn't done the circle.....I don't know what they were thinking on that one. I will agree with moon on the xb30....you are not going to get a better crossbow specific scope. I would suggest buying the rings with it.

John 3:16
    Matrix 380

How much of the 23 oz is the base? How bright is it on the lowest setting? I know my eyes are not compatible with red dot sights. Not sure how much the light gathering of the big 30 mil would offset the brightness of the illuminated reticals.
    <')))><

I don't know the weight savings between the sled and rings but its some. It does good in low light and on its lowest setting it doesn't over power the scope, at least on the red. For me the red does the best. This scope will get you up to and past legal shooting time. I never look at a watch myself LOL
    John 3:16
    Matrix 380

I prefer the reticle of the original but the Pro has some advantages. It's hard to find that perfect whatever
    Micro 335
    Hawke XB30
    Matrix 380
    Hawke XB30 Pro

When will you have these available to ship? I was going to go with an optimizer, I'm thinking about just keeping it simple and going back to an x-bow scope

Have one of the originals as well , was looking at the new model for my M 380 , but the recticle is a deal breaker . Would love to have the new model with the old recticle and stepless rehostat for the lit recticle .

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    The new XB30 Pro's reticle design stinks compared to the original XB30's. Sorry but I have to call it the way I see it. The bottom of a large circle used for 30 yard aiming on the new Pro was a poor choice on Hawke's part.
    I agree 100% with Moon on this post.............I have the XB30 Compact and like the reticle much better, whoever came up with the 30yd aiming point being the bottom of a circle on the Pro model must have been on crack!!....................... ................Hb

any update's ??? worm

I have the Pro on one SZ and Original on another SZ. I took both out yesterday evening. The low light capability seemed equal and shooting out to 50 yds in low light should be equal. The lighted reticle of each was too bright, IMO; but, didn't blank out the image until almost total darkness. Overall, quite good for the price.
    The Zeiss Duralyt 2-8,with lighted reticle, was significantly brighter and gave nearly 10 minutes of shooting capability(but after legal shooting hours in most states); and the lighted dot could be dim enough to not wash out the scope at all. The extra price of the higher level scope does provide significant advantage. At a much lower cost(~$270), the Weaver Classic Extreme 1.5x4.5 and 2.5x10 has fairly decent glass and a lighted reticle that can be turned down to barely perceptible. Of course, the Duralyt is a better scope.
    Again, the original XB-30, at this price(Wyvern) is a whole lot for the money!

don't buy Hawke if you shoot in the sunlight

Don't buy if you plan to use in the sun. I ordered 2 of these from wyvern due to his recomendation. I was going to order the leupold crossbones scopes, but Dave talked me into the hawke scopes. He said that the Hawke scopes were as good if not better than the leupolds. When the scopes showed up I was impressed with the clarity. Sighting in was quite simple. And accuracy was great. However one of the first scopes burned up on the first day shooting, the lens looked like it was covered with blisters. To Daves credit he shipped me a replacement immediately. The new scope burned up the first day I shot it. I was making an effort to keep it out of the sun. Hawke says not to expose the scope to direct sunlight or it will cause "burning effect". I have leupold scopes that I have owned for 30 years that are the same as they were new. 30 years of sun, snow, rain, mud, brush,no worries. When I'm hunting the last thing I need to worry about is sunlight. I called Dave and he offered to send me another replacement saying that the 3rd times a charm, but he advised me to call hawke customer service and they told me not to expose the scope to sunlight, but do I want to worry about not using a scope in sunlight? No. I haven't shot my new crossbow in a month because every time I look through my new 200 dollar scope I want to puke. The second Hawke scope I purchased to this date is still perfect. So Maybe I received a couple of lemons. I currently own 6 leupold scopes with zero problems. Dave from Wyvern was very helpful and the 2 excalibur crossbows and the 2 dozen bee arrows he sold me were top notch, but the hawke scopes are not.

Read....

http://www.hawkeoptics.com/user/inst...w_3x32_MAP.pdf

As I read it Yes, you can take the scope out into direct sunlight. Just don't allow the sun to shine directly down into the scope itself for an extended length of time. As a kid I recall using a magnifying glass to start fires with. Same principal I would think. I would also think that could apply to any scope.

Same warning here.. Starting to see a pattern here..

http://www.bushnell.com/getmedia/ebd...b.pdf?ext=.pdf

makes sense ...
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex Diamondback
    Excalibur Matrix 380, RH Custom string, Trigger Tech, HHA
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

David,

Will these be shipped soon?

Haters gonna hate...sounds like you just wanna bash Hawke...sell your scopes and be done.

Quote Originally Posted by tstew View Post
    Don't buy if you plan to use in the sun. I ordered 2 of these from wyvern due to his recomendation. I was going to order the leupold crossbones scopes, but Dave talked me into the hawke scopes. He said that the Hawke scopes were as good if not better than the leupolds. When the scopes showed up I was impressed with the clarity. Sighting in was quite simple. And accuracy was great. However one of the first scopes burned up on the first day shooting, the lens looked like it was covered with blisters. To Daves credit he shipped me a replacement immediately. The new scope burned up the first day I shot it. I was making an effort to keep it out of the sun. Hawke says not to expose the scope to direct sunlight or it will cause "burning effect". I have leupold scopes that I have owned for 30 years that are the same as they were new. 30 years of sun, snow, rain, mud, brush,no worries. When I'm hunting the last thing I need to worry about is sunlight. I called Dave and he offered to send me another replacement saying that the 3rd times a charm, but he advised me to call hawke customer service and they told me not to expose the scope to sunlight, but do I want to worry about not using a scope in sunlight? No. I haven't shot my new crossbow in a month because every time I look through my new 200 dollar scope I want to puke. The second Hawke scope I purchased to this date is still perfect. So Maybe I received a couple of lemons. I currently own 6 leupold scopes with zero problems. Dave from Wyvern was very helpful and the 2 excalibur crossbows and the 2 dozen bee arrows he sold me were top notch, but the hawke scopes are not.

Put my order in! Hoping it ships this week.

I got them in late today...anyone who has one on order it will be leaving tomorrow...
    Wyvern

I really hate to see the original XB 30 go. Now if they would just put the old reticle design in the new Pro model......:-)
    MOON

Super "Small" Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE .......

Take the base off and use the Hawke rings from Wyvern. The base is overly heavy, and the rings are an excellent value.

I bought some XB30 Compacts and then some XB30 Pro before looking thru them. Sold the Pro's and got a couple more Compacts from Dave. Hate the Pro and as far as I am concerned they quit making the best one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like the Blue lighted crosshairs!! Wished they had stayed with Green. I haven't looked through the scope with it set for Blue with low light but I'd think Green would be much better.
    Bowtech Solution 390/Hawke Compact
    BEE 20" Blazer Vanes, 100gr Slick Tricks

~America~ Born July 4th,1776- Died, Election Day 2008

I guess the blue is a plus for people who are red/green colorblind.
    NRA Life Member

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
    - Alexis de Tocqueville (1835)

Blue? On what scope?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast