Thread: anyone experience martin customer service??

anyone experience martin customer service??

It seems as if my new Martin Bengal cam is hitting the limb when I shoot, because the limb is crewed up. I'm going to call Martin tomorrow morning.... Anyone with experience dealing with customer service??

Thanks

Great

My experience has always been a positive one, but then again I was dealing with Joel the king of customer service.
    "Fling'n sticks since '86"
    2013 Hoyt Spyder 34 | 2012 Martin Onza III Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mmcgrath848 View Post
    My experience has always been a positive one, but then again I was dealing with Joel the king of customer service.
    Should I ask for Joel?

Joel is no longer with Martin.
    John Nelson is the man in charge.
    Whoever you speak with will take care of you.

DK

Quote Originally Posted by I'M DK View Post
    Joel is no longer with Martin.
    John Nelson is the man in charge.
    Whoever you speak with will take care of you.

DK
    Thanks, I'll be sure to call them when they open. I'm hoping to have it back by deer season, because it's my only bow!

You should get it back within a week or so if you have a work number and send it in.
    2014 Martin Lithium :: 2007 Martin Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-Down
    REAL AVID Field Staff :: Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

I have had nothing but great customer service from Martin...more so since John and Jake took over...have no fear...they will take care of you promptly and to your satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Davik View Post
    I have had nothing but great customer service from Martin...more so since John and Jake took over...have no fear...they will take care of you promptly and to your satisfaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    You should get it back within a week or so if you have a work number and send it in.
    I ended up taking to John this afternoon, he got me a work number and I preceded to send in the bow. It should be there by Monday. John said their turn around time is about 72 hours, another couple days back to me and hopefully all is better for qualifying come the beginning if the month: crossing my fingers!!

I had a great experience with them.

Shouldn't be a problem.
    2013 Hoyt Charger
    2012 Martin Pantera

OP
    Please post how things turn out on your end.
    Thanks,
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by GaryMartin View Post
    OP
    Please post how things turn out on your end.
    Thanks,
    Gary
    I ended up shipping the bow out on a Tuesday. They received it, 6 days later on Monday worked on it by replacing both limbs and shipped it back to me on that Thursday (however nothing else, you'll see later). I received it back on that next Tuesday. (martin says that it'll take them about 72 to turn a bow around). I ended up talking to John, at martin, he was great! So far....

I was able to shoot it the following day. Lets just say that the customer service was flawless however not the whole "fixing" thingy. Because after about 30-40 shots I noticed that the limbs were not being hit by the cam but rather the serving was being chewed up by the cam!!! In which the serving is now cut in half (I have pictures on another thread asking what do and type of serving to look since its obviously going to have to be replaced) and is now riding up on it when drawing back and dropping into place at full draw, my best guess it something's not spaced correctly. Now with that being said I have contacted John at martin (again) and I'm actually taking it to MY shop tomorrow and in conjunction with them and martin (martin sending the parts to the shop and them fixing I, ideally) hopefully all will be fixed this time!!!! Helpfully, fingers crossed!!! The bow has less than 200 shots so far, and idk what's to come.

Who knows, hopefully it'll get fixed RIGHT AND CORRECTLY this time if not I'm going to be one unhappy camper and martin will here it. But no need to just to conclusions yet!! Haha

I'll keep y'all updated on what happens at the shop tomorrow and what everyone says

John tried calling me back the other day. That is the only thing I don't like is they don't have much time and who knows when you will get the return call. I am hoping to get in touch with him this week.
    Living like Christ is impossible for Man,
    Living as a Disciple,,, I can do that

John was the one who rebuilt my 08 Firecat earlier this year. Because my bow was made by the previous owners, the new Martin company was under no obligation to warranty anything on my bow but John took care of things, replacing the cams, limbs, roto-cups, string and cables, all "under warranty". That's what I call very good customer service.
    Bow: 2014 Bear Agenda 6, 65-lb, 29-in, B-Stinger stab, Quick Disconnect
    Sights & Rest: DS Advantage, HHA Pro-5519, Limb Driver
    Arrows: GT Velocity XT300 (498gr@274fps, 22% FOC), GT BG 100+ (560gr@262fps, 18.6% FOC)
    Broadheads: 215gr Grizzly, 218gr Grizzly El Grande/Kodiak

Yes the new Martin owners seem to be trying to take care of everything the best they can as long as they have parts available, they were left with almost nothing by way of parts. A 2012 or 2011 silencer came in the shop couple weeks ago with splinter limbs and they were great as far as I am concerned. They shipped out limbs asap. You could tell they took these limbs off another bow and they were black not camo but hey, they are doing the best they can with what they have and the owner likes the black limbs. I am liking what I see in the "New Martin". reminds me of the Martin of old. Waiting to see what they come out with for 2015. May have to buy a new one just on principle.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiMathMan View Post
    Thanks, I'll be sure to call them when they open. I'm hoping to have it back by deer season, because it's my only bow!
    Sounds to me like you could use a good backup bow. No pressure, but I've got a new Blade X4 listed in the classifieds. $285 TYD.
    PRESERVE, PROTECT, AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES FROM ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, including the POTUS
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    UBP Life Member,PSAA Life Member
    Hutch~N~Son strings by Bowstring Depot

Quote Originally Posted by skidge View Post
    Yes the new Martin owners seem to be trying to take care of everything the best they can as long as they have parts available, they were left with almost nothing by way of parts. A 2012 or 2011 silencer came in the shop couple weeks ago with splinter limbs and they were great as far as I am concerned. They shipped out limbs asap. You could tell they took these limbs off another bow and they were black not camo but hey, they are doing the best they can with what they have and the owner likes the black limbs. I am liking what I see in the "New Martin". reminds me of the Martin of old. Waiting to see what they come out with for 2015. May have to buy a new one just on principle.
    Wow! That exact same scenario happened to me with my 2012 Silencer. I brought it in to C&C Archery in Leroy.. Owner Mike (Great guy) noticed my limbs were delaminating during a string change. He Called Martin and they shipped a new set of limbs (black) and had them in a couple days. Have to admit I was a little worried when I realized I was dealing with a warranty issue on an obsolete bow..Props to Martin for getting new limbs out ASAP and bow back in my hands!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Sounds to me like you could use a good backup bow. No pressure, but I've got a new Blade X4 listed in the classifieds. $285 TYD.
    And I agree completely! Haha another bow will probably be my off season purchase because since I have no bow (considering it's still not fixed properly) and the only place i have the ability hunt is in the Hamilton parks conservation hunts, and qualifications have passed... hunting this year is a no go for me! Which sucks royally!!!