Thread: agenda 6 cams

agenda 6 cams

can anyone post pics of their cams and or shim placement,, i have both cams with no lean and shooting decent but seems like one cam sets over further then other and string run slightly crooked from riser.. . is that normal or is a shim out of place.. they should be straight up and down form each other ?? right? ty peeps

Bear agenda 6 70/29.5 IQ 7 pin
    MAthews Drenilin trophy ridge alpha matrix 5 w/no peep
    Mathews Reezen 6.5 trophy ridge alpha matrix 5

I don't have pics. Following is how I set up my Agenda 6. I make certain that my bottom cam is perfectly straight. Then, I shoot a bare shaft through paper at 5 to 6 yards to see what kink of tear I'm getting. The tear will tell me if I have the right lean in my top cam. I yoke tune to take out as much of the right/left tear as possible. With a right tear, I add a half twist to the right yoke and take a half out of the left yoke. Reverse for a left tear. Continue until bare shaft is perfect. If perfect tear cannot be achieved, then finish with a slight movement of the rest. I have had a straight top cam, but right now mine has a little pre-lean. This method is attempting to achieve nock travel that is straight down the center of the arrow. So, I don't worry where my spacers are as long as I can get the nock travel that I want. Hope this makes sense.
    Bear Staff Shooter
    Target bow: Anarchy HC. Hunting bow: Agenda 6.
    Traditional bows: Super Kodiak and AuSable

ok ill try it out tomorrow when i can see outside =)
    i was shooting decent groups out to 80 yards, however i tried fixed blade to see if it would tune the same and it was about 10" low and 6inch left @ 30yrds so i knew something was outta whack, tried just moving knock with no avail. so i was trying to figure out what else could be throwing it off.
    appreciate your time!

Quote Originally Posted by pwyrick View Post
    I don't have pics. Following is how I set up my Agenda 6. I make certain that my bottom cam is perfectly straight. Then, I shoot a bare shaft through paper at 5 to 6 yards to see what kink of tear I'm getting. The tear will tell me if I have the right lean in my top cam. I yoke tune to take out as much of the right/left tear as possible. With a right tear, I add a half twist to the right yoke and take a half out of the left yoke. Reverse for a left tear. Continue until bare shaft is perfect. If perfect tear cannot be achieved, then finish with a slight movement of the rest. I have had a straight top cam, but right now mine has a little pre-lean. this method is attempting to achieve nock travel that is straight down the center of the arrow. So, I don't worry where my spacers are as long as I can get the nock travel that I want. Hope this makes sense.

Maybe these pictures will help

_MG_7259.jpg_MG_7260.jpg
    Giselle (Target) - 2014 Bear Agenda 6 (red) 26" @50#,
    Revolution 2.0 Rest, HHA OL-5519, Doinker 12" D.I.S.H., Goldtip Expedition Hunter 5575 with Bohning Blazers 2.0"

Ok i did what Rick said. Shooting 15 yrds bare shaft dead straight but my top cam has lean now.. Seems more then a little.. Thoughts?

thanks for the pics! yet if i try to get my cam straight like that it starts kicking. did you shift any shims?

Quote Originally Posted by kagetora13 View Post
    Maybe these pictures will help

_MG_7259.jpg_MG_7260.jpg

If your top cable stop is hitting the cable, then I don't worry about the lean. Just my opinion. Sometimes there is a combination of how I hold the riser along with the side pressures of the cables, and the only way to get good nock travel is to have some pre-lean when the bow is at rest.
    Bear Staff Shooter

what if im seeing some lean at full draw? lol remember im a dual cam noob! however i am getting better quickly at this def some great instructions from you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by pwyrick View Post
    If your top cable stop is hitting the cable, then I don't worry about the lean. Just my opinion. Sometimes there is a combination of how I hold the riser along with the side pressures of the cables, and the only way to get good nock travel is to have some pre-lean when the bow is at rest.

Lean at full draw is only an issue if you can't get the nock travel you want. I never check my cam lean at full draw.
    Bear Staff Shooter

Ok! I think im good! hard to soak it all in got too much going on.. Plans for new restaurant , kids sports, mowing pasture looking for new cooks so i can make my elk hunt in sept! So almost bald and think I've finally got this lined out ready to roll.. Now for new strings

Just wanted to say that I did not shift any of my shims. The bow is as it came from Bear since I did not change my original strings.
    Giselle (Target) - 2014 Bear Agenda 6 (red) 26" @50#,
    Revolution 2.0 Rest, HHA OL-5519, Doinker 12" D.I.S.H., Goldtip Expedition Hunter 5575 with Bohning Blazers 2.0"

Mine was a quick build rushed out to me.. They didnt have one ready in stock when i ordered it but i received it in like a week. Shoots amazing still lots of tweaking to do

Well what i was worried about happened! I was tuning bow in at 60 lbs.. Started turning down control and yolk to bring poundage up to spec.. 2nd draw back cable rolled right off.. Not fun so back to square one..