Thread: 2012 Bear encounter possible limb failure...

2012 Bear encounter possible limb failure...

today when I was shooting i looked at my top limb and saw these little hairline cracks all over the limb... could this mean a possible limb failure in the future? will bear archery send new limbs for these cracks or would a failure have to occur?

I had multiple limb failures on my Encounter. This occurs if you try to run them at 32" draw AND 100% draw weight. Bear will replace the limbs, but it will keep happening if you don't shorten the draw and/or back off on the draw weight. The limbs just can't handle that much flex.
    2013 Bear Encounter, Whisker Biscuit, Dead Nuts SoloShot
    2013 Mathews Monster MR8, QAD Ultra Rest, Axion Vue

Same thing happens with mine.

After they horizontal across the limbs? I had it happen on my Motive and they told me it was just cosmetic but they replaced the limbs anyways. The shop scraped the camo off before they sent them back and said there cracks were just in the camo covering and not in the limbs.
    "What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected." --Chief Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by DaneHunter View Post
    After they horizontal across the limbs? I had it happen on my Motive and they told me it was just cosmetic but they replaced the limbs anyways. The shop scraped the camo off before they sent them back and said there cracks were just in the camo covering and not in the limbs.
    Yes they are horizontal. I took it in to the shop, and they also said it was just the paint. No cracked limb....just chipped paint

Keep an eye on it. Mine looked like a small paint chip and progressed from there.

i have a 2013, limbs were replaced under warranty for finish cracking. I only have a 29 inch draw.
    2014 Shadow Bear Anarchy HC 63/28.5. QAD HDx, Trophy Ridge Reach 5 pin.
    2014 AP Snow Elite Energy 35 62/29, Hamskea Versarest, Patriot Brown 2014 CBE TEK Hybrid
    2013 Bear Encounter 65/29, QAD HDx, Doinker Tactical, Trophy Ridge React 5pin, Rhino Strings

Quote Originally Posted by dleach1407 View Post
    i have a 2013, limbs were replaced under warranty for finish cracking. I only have a 29 inch draw.
    Mine cracked way deeper than the finish and it did it twice.