Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omni nock question

Omni nock question

How critical is it to have the nock aligned perfectly with the string ? I find that when I load an arrow I can rotate the arrow slightly, and I can't really tell if the string is "seated" perfectly in the groove of the omni.

Obsession Evolution | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery T3 | Stryker Solution 350

Depends on the level of accuracy you are looking for, I know I can tell the difference when I take time a set them in vs just loading them in. If you roll them a bit in the trigger box you should feel the edges.
    FiFi
    What you mean there's more to life than archery? Isn't that what vacations are for?
    1994, 2004, 2006 IFAA World Field Champ

Clint someones making a new cream that may help those hemorrhoid nocks. What a PITA idea one will never know is aligned correctly or not. If your wondering and having doubts- that should be enough reason to never use them.
    Scorpyd Orion for O-ryan with "SNAP AND GO" Q NOCKS
    Scorpyd Velocity 165-Vortex Viper PST FFP 4-16x50 mrad
    Scorpyd RDT 165- HHA Dial w/ Weaver Classic Extreme 2.5x10x50 German #4 reticle
    Bowtech SZ350 -Parker Pin Point 1-4x

Clint,
    As soon as the string comes forward, the grooves in the nock grab the string and center it, so regardless of how you put it in, it will align itself. That is one of the great features about them. You can also shoot them for spine, just by rotating the arrow one fletch until you find the best setup. Then just mark the vane and you are all set.
    We all know Tom loves TenPoint, so I am not surprised by his responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
    Clint,
    As soon as the string comes forward, the grooves in the nock grab the string and center it, so regardless of how you put it in, it will align itself. That is one of the great features about them. You can also shoot them for spine, just by rotating the arrow one fletch until you find the best setup. Then just mark the vane and you are all set
    Well that makes me feel better.

Is there any slow motion video showing this in action?
    Obsession Evolution | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery T3 | Stryker Solution 350

You can see in these videos, the difference between a misaligned Omni and a misaligned half moon!
    The first video is the moon nock and you can see the shaft actually come up off the barrel. The second is the Omni-nock and you can see it spin the arrow to find the center of the groove.

Clint,
    As soon as the string comes forward, the grooves in the nock grab the string and center it, so regardless of how you put it in, it will align itself. That is one of the great features about them. You can also shoot them for spine, just by rotating the arrow one fletch until you find the best setup. Then just mark the vane and you are all set.
    We all know Tom loves TenPoint, so I am not surprised by his responses.
    Well just to be clear. Constantly disappointed is a better wording.
    I'm just never dealing with nock non-sense. I can hear,feel, see my nocks seated safely and correctly. Evidently your customers can't because their asking. Numerous ones have problems correctly putting them in and, reports of less than desirable accuracy. Would you like me to riddle this thread?
    I can spin my arrow to any degree for any vane configuration. Maybe you'll get with the times and make a product that is able to use them. Pull that arrow ahead a few times, pull the trigger and make a video. Go ahead I dare you.
    Scorpyd Orion for O-ryan with "SNAP AND GO" Q NOCKS
    Scorpyd Velocity 165-Vortex Viper PST FFP 4-16x50 mrad
    Scorpyd RDT 165- HHA Dial w/ Weaver Classic Extreme 2.5x10x50 German #4 reticle
    Bowtech SZ350 -Parker Pin Point 1-4x

Tom, I am really not worried about your opinion. I have heard it and everyone knows that you think you have the best bow and the best set up. I'm glad you have confidence in your set up.
    For the majority of our customer base, making a nock that shoots well and works well is key, and that is what we have in the Omni-nock. The Omni-nock indexes properly no matter which vane is down in the barrel track and aligns itself when the string lets loose from the string catch, even if it is set in the barrel crooked.

all I use is Omni-nock's and never had a problem, load the arrow shoot and hit where you aim, great product!

I'm not a TenPoint hater, but I am disappointed by their policy of requiring Omni nocks for their crossbows. I tested Omnis vs flat nocks, and found the Omnis had a slightly larger group size starting at around 30 yards. Plus they're a proprietary nock, don't come in all sizes, and while they now have lighted Omnis they didn't last season. If I had a TenPoint I'd sell it just so I could be free of Omnis.

Clint- I dunno exactly what to say about how important it is to have them aligned perfectly, but I did try various things when I was testing out Omnis. I never got the results I was after, so I put flat nocks on those arrows and never looked back.

~E

I think I'd trash those omnis and get some plastic moon nocks. I guess wyvern isn't making his custom aluminum moons anymore. I wonder if aluminum moon nocks still have sharp edges?
    Middleton 325/400SS - Hawke XB30 Compact SR - BE Executioners - Exodus Swept - Agingcrossbower Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Baker View Post
    I think I'd trash those omnis and get some plastic moon nocks. I guess wyvern isn't making his custom aluminum moons anymore. I wonder if aluminum moon nocks still have sharp edges?
    Too sharp for me. I went back to plastic.
    NRA Life Member

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
    - Alexis de Tocqueville (1835)

I may do that. Honestly.....I wish I could shoot flat nocks out of the Solution.

Quote Originally Posted by ClintRhodes View Post
    I may do that. Honestly.....I wish I could shoot flat nocks out of the Solution.
    The ability to shoot flat nocks definitely gives you the most flexibility. I shoot 2317's from my Middleton, and afaik there are no crossbow-style nocks available for that size shaft. I just use an aluminum insert as a flat nock; works great!

~E

Quote Originally Posted by ekkie View Post
    The ability to shoot flat nocks definitely gives you the most flexibility. I shoot 2317's from my Middleton, and afaik there are no crossbow-style nocks available for that size shaft. I just use an aluminum insert as a flat nock; works great!

~E
    I'll give the Omnis an honest try. I like the idea behind them.

Hope they work out for you Clint!

I enjoy shooting aluminum flats, thanks to a fellow at member that sent me some.
    Middleton 325/400SS - Hawke XB30 Compact SR - BE Executioners - Exodus Swept - Agingcrossbower Stock

I think I'd trash those omnis and get some plastic moon nocks.
    Not sure why you would do that when the Omni is a 3 way half moon nock with no wrong way to load it.

Not sure why you would do that when the Omni is a 3 way half moon nock with no wrong way to load it.
    Because they are inaccurate. Besides, I was suggesting Clint trash them, I dont own that junk.
    Carry on.

How much longer before hunting season starts..

Mike
    Vent 150
    Solution LS 390
    Crossbow Warriors Pro Staff
    http://www.crossbowwarriors.com

Quote Originally Posted by beervo2 View Post
    How much longer before hunting season starts..

Mike
    66 days. 14 hours. 5 minutes. And 1,739 beers.

WOW! Doin' the math on that...more than 26 beers a day! I reckon I don't have a drinkin' problem after all.
    “People who drink “light” beer don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot.”

I knew I could count on you Rick........To bad you live so far away, I would come over and help you pound down a few of those cold one's...

Mike
    Vent 150
    Solution LS 390
    Crossbow Warriors Pro Staff
    http://www.crossbowwarriors.com

The easiest way to see which nock will produce the best results is to simply try them out, side by side, I have a TP Vapor and used the omnis , didn't like that they had to be glued in as it made changing them a real pain, plus when you do align them off a bit it does show down range, I certainly can see it, mind you its still good just not what it could be. I now use the J nock from firenock and the accuracy level, replacement and bolt protection from backend hits is noticeably higher I have found. The omnis work but don't be afraid to look at other options if they are available
    FiFi
    What you mean there's more to life than archery? Isn't that what vacations are for?
    1994, 2004, 2006 IFAA World Field Champ

Quote Originally Posted by beervo2 View Post
    I knew I could count on you Rick........To bad you live so far away, I would come over and help you pound down a few of those cold one's...

Mike
    My ten year hs reunion is tomorrow night. Plan is to pound quite a few tonight to build myself up for tomorrow night.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast