Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omni nock question

Quote Originally Posted by FiFi View Post
    The easiest way to see which nock will produce the best results is to simply try them out, side by side, I have a TP Vapor and used the omnis , didn't like that they had to be glued in as it made changing them a real pain, plus when you do align them off a bit it does show down range, I certainly can see it, mind you its still good just not what it could be. I now use the J nock from firenock and the accuracy level, replacement and bolt protection from backend hits is noticeably higher I have found. The omnis work but don't be afraid to look at other options if they are available

Say What 3 time World Champ? "J" nocks work flawlessly in your 10pt Vapor?

Scorpyd Orion for O-ryan with "SNAP AND GO" Q NOCKS
    Scorpyd Velocity 165-Vortex Viper PST FFP 4-16x50 mrad
    Scorpyd RDT 165- HHA Dial w/ Weaver Classic Extreme 2.5x10x50 German #4 reticle
    Bowtech SZ350 -Parker Pin Point 1-4x

Quote Originally Posted by ClintRhodes View Post
    How critical is it to have the nock aligned perfectly with the string ? I find that when I load an arrow I can rotate the arrow slightly, and I can't really tell if the string is "seated" perfectly in the groove of the omni.
    Just to be clear about things. Are you referring to the BT arrows with their Omni-Nock, or TenPoint Omni- Nocks ?
    TenPoint Phantom, Black Eagle Executioners
    NAP 100gn. Nitron Broadheads
    Burris, Leupold Optics, XB30
    Black Widow Deer Lures Pro Staff
    NRA Life Member, Molon Labe, Bravo Zulu Team VI

Quote Originally Posted by 202gwg View Post
    Just to be clear about things. Are you referring to the BT arrows with their Omni-Nock, or TenPoint Omni- Nocks ?
    I have no idea. Whatever wyvern puts on his Solution arrows.
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Stryker Solution LS 390

He uses the omni nocks. I was told BT is now sending out moon nocks with their arrows. I never twist mine...I make sure I have it lined up when I install the nock but after that I just push it in until it stops...like you said you did qtips LOL My only gripe with the omnis are I wished they were press fit but we can't always have our wishes :-) I hope one day they will start making them like that. Far as nock design goes there is no idiot proof nock...anyone can blow up a bow :-) But for compounds I think the omnis and jnocks/qnocks are less prone for blowups than moons. Myself.....I'd rather shoot a flat nock than anything but thats me
    John 3:16
    Matrix 380

As we are on the subject of nock...I did send some j nock to tp for their own testing. Would like to hear more about that.
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com • Office: (815) 780-1695 • Fax: (309) 356-5007
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company • URL: http://www.firenock.com • Web Store: http://shop.firenock.com
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™ with FACT(Firenock Arrow Concentric Technology), AeroInsert™, AeroOutsert™, AeroBolt™, AeroBushing™, Aero Concept Target System, and Hydro® systems.

Quote Originally Posted by crappie-tom View Post
    Say What 3 time World Champ? "J" nocks work flawlessly in your 10pt Vapor?
    Yep,been using the J nocks for just under a year now with no issues, I did use and do have omnis for guys that come over to try stuff out, just really hate the sloppy fit and being forced to glue them in combined that with them acting like a funnel when you shoot groups or if your in a 3D shoot with 3 others. I did use the Parker Capture nocks aswell with no issues either just had to shave them down a bit to clear the safety latch, not so with the J
    FiFi
    What you mean there's more to life than archery? Isn't that what vacations are for?
    1994, 2004, 2006 IFAA World Field Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Firenock View Post
    As we are on the subject of nock...I did send some j nock to tp for their own testing. Would like to hear more about that.
    Well I know they work great, shot them indoors and won both 10 ring and 5 ring indoor Provincials as well last weekend won our Provincial 3d with a 421 and 428 IBO using the J nock, The only thing I would just love is that you start making them for the CX bolts
    FiFi
    What you mean there's more to life than archery? Isn't that what vacations are for?

J nocks will not work on the Solution bows correct?
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Stryker Solution LS 390

The Parker Captures worked on the previous model so the J would, not sure about the new models
    FiFi

I tried them Clint, it raised the front of the arrow off the deck pretty badly, gave em a way ...
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex Diamondback
    Excalibur Matrix 380, Hawke
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

Quote Originally Posted by randyxx75 View Post
    I tried them Clint, it raised the front of the arrow off the deck pretty badly, gave em a way ...
    Randy, I've been trying to replicate your findings with the J-nock. I can't for the life of me figure out what your seeing. I'm using them now and I have excellent accuracy with no lifting off the barrel. I really don't know what the difference couid be. 2 different bows actually 3 and not one of them is doing this for me anyway. 2 LS390's 1 Sz 380. No issues of lifting on any of them. Go figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Baker View Post
    Because they are inaccurate. Besides, I was suggesting Clint trash them, I dont own that junk.
    Carry on.
    I really gave them my best shot. Now I have 100 or more Omnis here. I have to agree with you Rick. The accuracy just ain't there for me either. I really wanted to like them. But I can't.
    " I hate the fact that I forget what I forgot"

Thanks Randy I'm the lucky guy . Now I'm not sure why. But the J nocks work great on my matrix 380. And so far I can't match the accuracy/ repeatable with any other nock. Beyond hunting ranges IMO. But same string on the 330 matrix they lift the arrow off the rail bad. The only thing I can find different is .010 difference in serving thickness.
    On my mission 320 there just it with the aftermarket string.

Now to my point. I thought about the omni nock after finding the problem with the 330. I thought the fire nock j nock string grove is center arrow so is the omni. I would guess. If I go to the omni what am I covering up. One of two things are going to happen. The string will jump up to set center of the nock unlikely. Or I'll have the samething going on with the arrow being lifted I will just be blind to it. Because that strings going to find the low spot in the nock if you will.

So Clint IMO fit is paramount. Slapping or knocking that nock around at launch can't be a good thing.
    Just a down to earth Bowhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootaTac View Post
    Randy, I've been trying to replicate your findings with the J-nock. I can't for the life of me figure out what your seeing. I'm using them now and I have excellent accuracy with no lifting off the barrel. I really don't know what the difference couid be. 2 different bows actually 3 and not one of them is doing this for me anyway. 2 LS390's 1 Sz 380. No issues of lifting on any of them. Go figure?
    I think my issue is my string is lifted, when cocked, a good bit off the rail on bow #1? the adf lever has a lot of pressure on this 390 (much more than needed IMO) and it puts a small amount of "bow" in the shaft at the adf, lifting the front because the J is holding it up at the rear.
    I did find another J nock this morning and tried it in my other 390 (same shaft) and it doesn't do it ??? also the string doesn't lift off when cocked on the #2 390 vs. the #1
    Now I'm wondering if the serving wear issue could be related to the string lift on bow #1 ?
    Anyway, the Moon nocks have no issues, I'm figuring because the lifting of the string doesn't happen with moons?

Here is e mail to Beervo back in May when he asked what nock I was using and my issue was prevelant then as well, I even emailed wyvern, he said even though it was raised at the front it wouldn't hurt anything, because at the shot, once the shaft passes the adf
    the string will bring it down on the rail, makes sense to me, but I guess I'm just anal about stuff...lol
    after posting I see the email starts from the bottom and goes up...

well the J nocks, BUT , the string is lifted a tad when cocked, I just
    got through shooting a little and the J nocks seem to make the front
    rattle (raised), the moons don't seem to do it. I'm thinking the J
    lifts at the rear, making the shaft "bend" under the ADF, forcing the
    front to raise? That's the best I can figure, I'm just going to go with
    moons I guess

-----Original Message-----
    To: rndy793 <rndy793@aol.com>
    Sent: Sat, May 17, 2014 7:16 pm
    Subject: SL 390

Randy, what style of firenocks work with the 390, not looking for the
    lighted one's just the nock's themselves...Mike
    Last edited by randyxx75; July 12th, 2014 at 08:51 AM.
    NRA Member !

I don't know, I never let any wear build up on my strings. I'm anal about that and I makem so it gives me something to do when I'm bored. But I see what your saying but I have to agree regardless of what I am using. If your not having any issues with the moons then absolutely use them. I just find that the Js work great on my bows and I do have great accuracy. Slight lifting of the front of the arrow I would believe wouldn't be an issue as long as the rest of the shaft is laying on the barrel. I'm using an extremely stiff shaft and don't have any issues. We may all has different findings. I wouldn't want the shaft lifted either and my reaction would have been the same.

Have a great day!!

C'mon Septober!!!!

I'd like to hear from multiple guys if "J"'S actually clip on the string. Post #5796 by Shootatac states he's using them and others.
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...21760&page=232
    Randy says they lift the arrow off the deck. I think Randy gets alot of lemons.

Yep,been using the J nocks for just under a year now with no issues, I did use and do have omnis for guys that come over to try stuff out, just really hate the sloppy fit and being forced to glue them in combined that with them acting like a funnel when you shoot groups or if your in a 3D shoot with 3 others. I did use the Parker Capture nocks aswell with no issues either just had to shave them down a bit to clear the safety latch, not so with the J
    Why do you think a so called premium company wouldn't want to use the safest-most premium nock in the world in their xbows. I tell everyone why. MONEY, GREED.
    If MR. 10pt thought I was a thorn in his side before...Just wait...for the monumental headaches your about to experience now.
    Thank you very much for your honesty FiFi.
    I wish you all the best in your tournaments this year.

they do not clip on a stock factory string serving what so ever on the LS 390
    NRA Member !

Anyone who doesnt think the omni nocks are accurate out of the ten points needs to learn how to shoot. I shoot them most everyday and have no problem shooting in the same hole at 40 yards with several different models.

I'd like to hear from multiple guys if "J"'S actually clip on the string. Post #5796 by Shootatac states he's using them and others.
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...21760&page=232
    Randy says they lift the arrow off the deck. I think Randy gets alot of lemons.

It would depend on serving size, mine clip on nice just like on a vertical bow, in fact you don't need the retention spring with them on mine.
    FiFi

Why do you think a so called premium company wouldn't want to use the safest-most premium nock in the world in their xbows. I tell everyone why. MONEY, GREED.
    If MR. 10pt thought I was a thorn in his side before...Just wait...for the monumental headaches your about to experience now.
    Thank you very much for your honesty FiFi.
    I wish you all the best in your tournaments this year.

Not sure but I think they feel that their omnis are the best fit for their bows, could they be better, for sure, press fit, deeper grooves for high string angles but all in all it does the job intended and for the majority of the bow hunting side they produce accuracy levels that meet their requirements. The J nock IMO brings more to the table, I can tell the difference if I roll the omni's left or right, with the J it clips on. I don't really fault TP for trying to make their own nocks, Parker did it with the capture with great results (I infact did some of the beta testing on the prototypes when I shot for Parker) With the backend of the Captures being flat you could still get away with loading incorrectly and not causing a dryfire, which I did for over a week on the Cyclone. PSE and Jennings had clip on or capture type nocks back in the early 80's with the Foxfire and Devastator series now with the advancement of the newer bows and high string angles these type of nocks are proving to be the best fit for both accuracy and safety, this also assuming the trigger box with accept them
    FiFi

Quote Originally Posted by randyxx75 View Post
    they do not clip on a stock factory string serving what so ever on the LS 390
    Randy is correct with this for sure but, you can make them clip on if you want to. I build the serving up a few thousandths with extra fibers just buried underneath the serving. I have my own process and I'm sure others do also. Same way we used to build up center serving on vertical bows to make nock fit the way we wanted. I don't find it necessary as I have tried this on the crossbows. The j nock just helps me index without reservation that all is right. I have had Omnis move out of indexing on me because I wasn't checking them. I thought I wouldn't have to. Wrong!! When we install them in .300 id shafts they had to be glued or plastic bagged or whatever you chose. After a few shots wih a hot bow you can, rotate them slightly. Not always but,This has caused problems for me and I don't like to complicate things too much so this is the way I went. If an Omni nock has to be pre aligned upon installation
    "Which is does" and it moves at all on you. It can be a problem at times. It's kinda hard to verify this by just grabbing it and looking. Especially in the dark. Much easier to notice on either flavor either moon or any capture nock. JMO and may not be yours.

Randy is correct with this for sure but, you can make them clip on if you want to. I build the serving up a few thousandths with extra fibers just buried underneath the serving. I have my own process and I'm sure others do also. Same way we used to build up center serving on vertical bows to make nock fit the way we wanted. I don't find it necessary as I have tried this on the crossbows. The j nock just helps me index without reservation that all is right. I have had Omnis move out of indexing on me because I wasn't checking them. I thought I wouldn't have to. Wrong!! When we install them in .300 id shafts they had to be glued or plastic bagged or whatever you chose. After a few shots wih a hot bow you can, rotate them slightly. Not always but,This has caused problems for me and I don't like to complicate things too much so this is the way I went. If an Omni nock has to be pre aligned upon installation
    "Which is does" and it moves at all on you. It can be a problem at times. It's kinda hard to verify this by just grabbing it and looking. Especially in the dark. Much easier to notice on either flavor either moon or any capture nock. JMO and may not be yours.
    That's what I figured. I placed J's on my 350 and my buddies 380. no way. I had Dorge send me some V nocks they are the correct size for the Strykers but, the current V nock isn't designed for xbow use. Would be nice if Dorge made it so.

Hey D, how's your string riding on the rail of your 390 ?? Randy and I were talking about this issue on the phone, his is riding above the rail and on mine I have one side riding the rail while the other side is above the rail, it doesn't seem to affect accuracy so I guess maybe it's a non-issue.....

Mike
    Vent 150
    Solution LS 390
    Crossbow Warriors Pro Staff
    http://www.crossbowwarriors.com

Not sure but I think they feel that their omnis are the best fit for their bows, could they be better, for sure, press fit, deeper grooves for high string angles but all in all it does the job intended and for the majority of the bow hunting side they produce accuracy levels that meet their requirements. The J nock IMO brings more to the table, I can tell the difference if I roll the omni's left or right, with the J it clips on. I don't really fault TP for trying to make their own nocks, Parker did it with the capture with great results (I infact did some of the beta testing on the prototypes when I shot for Parker) With the backend of the Captures being flat you could still get away with loading incorrectly and not causing a dryfire, which I did for over a week on the Cyclone. PSE and Jennings had clip on or capture type nocks back in the early 80's with the Foxfire and Devastator series now with the advancement of the newer bows and high string angles these type of nocks are proving to be the best fit for both accuracy and safety, this also assuming the trigger box with accept them
    Thank you FiFi. Above I was curious to the J nock fit on the Solutions servings. I got it loud and clear they work flawlessly on your Vapor.
    Only factory xbows that use snap on nocks that work correctly are allowed in my house anymore.lol It's something I'm not ever going backwards on. Hopefully more and more offerings will become available from Dorge and manufacturers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast