Archery Talk Forum banner

Bow tuning help

906 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bushmstr02 
#1 ·
OK , I removed my strings a few weeks ago and now my Method is so far out of tune . I measured the ata and now it is a little long and one side was a little long and I had cam lean to the left on top . I twisted the bus cable a few times to get rid of the cam lean and it brought it back to the ata length I measured on one side but not the other . Can someone tell me what twisting each string will do and what it adjust ? One of the cams is hitting way before the other , bottom first I believe . I don't want to take it to a bow shop because I need to learn how to do it myself . I've had this bow for months and still haven't gotten to shoot it .

#3 ·
Twisting the buss cable: increase draw weight, decrease ATA, slow bottom cam, increase draw length a little, increase valley, lowers nock point
The buss cable is the main ATA and draw weight controller.

Twisting the control cable: increase draw weight a little, decrease ATA a little, slow top cam, increase draw length a little, increase valley, raises nock point

Twisting the string: decreases draw weight, decreases valley and letoff, decreases draw length

Twisting right yoke leg: pulls down right side of top axle making the cam lean more like this "/", then it does everything that twisting the buss cable does but just by smaller amounts each twist

Twisting left yoke leg: pulls down left side of top axle making the cam lean more like this "\", then it does everything that twisting the buss cable does but just by smaller amounts each time.

When you get your timing almost where you want it but one full twist in or out of the buss or control cable is too much adjustment, use the yoke for the smaller adjustment. I don't like to do half twists on a cable because it can cause your serving to loosen and separate if you're bending it back and forth while doing half twists.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.