Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Request on behalf of a kid with a Diamond Edge

Request on behalf of a kid with a Diamond Edge

A co-worker asked me to advise her on a good starter bow for her 8 year old son. With her budget limited I pointed her to the Diamond Edge. She picked one up for her son and brought it to work and I setup up for her. Her son took right to it and according to her really enjoys shooting and seems to be a natural. Now.....she took him to a pro shop with a range and set him up for a few leason. The guy at the range did nothing but BASH the kids bow and try to sell MOM on a hoyt that she can in no way afford. Even though her son was out shooting kids at the range that had been shooting for a few years, this proshop guy has planted the negative seed in her sons head that his bow isn't good enough. Her son even asked her if it was even good enough to kill a deer.

If anyone has any pictures of kills with your Diamond Edge please post them up so I can forward them to her so that maybe her son can rebuild some confidence in his bow.

Thanks
    Your ability as an archer will always be judged by the next shot your about to take. Make it count.
    2012 Martin Cougar FC Pro Nirto 2.0 cams 60lbs @ 30"
    2012 Rytera Alien XT Hybrix 2.0 cams 60 lbs @ 30"
    2014 ELITE Energy 35 60 lbs @ 30" (Won it here on AT!!)

Just did a quick google search and a ton of pictures popped up. Google "diamond edge bow kills".
    Lancaster Archery Supply - ProLine Bowstrings

Prime Alloy - G5 Optix XR2 - QAD Ultra HDX - GT Hunters - G5 T3 / Strikers

Do a search under my name and you will find a pic of my sons first deer with his Diamond. 48lbs with ST Razortrick. I tried most youth bows, and IMHO, the Diamond is the best.

Thanks never even thought about looking on google. Always come here for bow stuff.
    Your ability as an archer will always be judged by the next shot your about to take. Make it count.

The owner of the bow shop should be ashamed of himself. It's sad that some owners will push the brand they like to shoot as if it were gold. All the modern bows are all decent bows.
    Faktor 34 ld realtree xtra
    31" draw 65 lb
    Hha, hoyt ultra rest, bstinger, tightspot, gold tip

The guy at the range should have been smacked. What an asshat.
    ArcheryShack Field Staff http://www.archeryshackstrings.com
    IQ Bowsight Pro Staff
    2013 Athens Afflixtion
    08 Mathews Drenalin
    PSE Gamesport- Old but still shoots straight

I don't have pics, but that was my first bow. I robin hooded an arrow at 20 yds, hit pop cans at 60 yds, and head shot a rabbit at 20... It was a great bow and i only upgraded to get more speed and power
    Athens Accomplice 32 66#/27"

They tried that on my wife with her Razor Edge. They even went as far as to set up a new Hoyt to let her shoot. Shoulda seen the look on the guys face when she said, "no thanks, I like mine better." Lol
    "What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected." --Chief Seattle

That's terrible. I don't care what a kid brings in for me to work, I never tell them anything but positive things. Usually a kid is more proud of their equipment than any adult is and there is absolutely no reason to bring them down like that. That shop owner should be ashamed. Tell your coworker that her boy's bow is every bit as good as the others and is one of the most used youth bows of the last 5-6 years. That boy has nothing to be ashamed of and should have no fear that his equipment is inferior.
    Bear Anarchy 29" 70#, QAD HDX, TruGlo Tru-Site Extreme compact micro-adjust, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

and like everyone should already know..................IT AINT THE BOW its the person behind it.
    back to shooting my skull covered bear truth

ALL HAIL THE DAVE OF WYVERN

G5 Quest Rogue Jet Black 60lb 27"dl
    Trophy Ridge React 5-pin Sight
    Trophy Ridge Whisker Biscuit Rest
    Trophy Ridge 9" Static Stabilizer

Last buck a shot was with a razors edge. Biggest bodied deer I've ever shot, 4.5 year old mountain buck
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Abbott View Post
    The owner of the bow shop should be ashamed of himself. It's sad that some owners will push the brand they like to shoot as if it were gold. All the modern bows are all decent bows.
    yip. Making a kid feel bad to make a sale. I would never go there again
    NEW Mongrel LOGO on TEAM PAGE
    Quote Originally Posted by Standbanger View Post
    Pinski you are the Archery innovator of the decade.
    Vortex Optics
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...post1061263717 The Great Mongrel Thread

This kind of behavior is bad enough adult to adult. In no way should it have been applied to a child.

to bad some people have such negative comments. Gee, I hope it's decent, I just bought one for myself & defiantly know it's more than capable of killing anything. Oh, I've been bowhunting 58 years now & can afford any bow I would want. I "liked" the price & I defiantly have no doubts it will function just fine. tell that young man & his Mom I've killed 150+ assorted biggame & this bow will be adding to the list. Oh, pics are the new bow & a few of at least 50 with a $90 Darton SL50. The Edge is defiantly much MORE.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Always Thankful

What a dickcheese. I will poke fun at my friends just messing around but a kid is a whole different story. I bought an edge for my ex and kept it when I got rid of her. In my opinion it's the single best wide range adjustable bow made. I'd love to be in that shop when he was talking down that bow. I let a lot slide but that's straight up unacceptable.

Unfortunately, when kids are told their equipment is sub par, they are going to believe that. And if he continues to feel that way, I'll chip 20 towards a new bow for him. Whatever is going to keep him motivated.
    1972-73 AT Deer contest champions: The Plaid Daddies
    1986-87 AT Deer contest champions: The Tarsal Glands
    2014-15 AT Deer contest champions: The Heatles

dang my son is 16 and just got rid of his because he out grew it. He has the magical 30 inch plus draw that I wish I had. but I had to pry that Edge out of his hands. It was to short of a draw for him and it was starting to hurt his form. He has killed so many critters with it.

that shop would be on the do not go to list.
    "No animal was ever lost because the arrow penetrated too far"
    DR. Ed Ashby

What a douche waffle. We should be encouraging any kid we see at the range. I know I will have a conversation with any kid that has a question when I am at the range. I answer the ones I can and refer them to the shop guys when I can't. I engage the parent, grandparent, or adult as well. Archery is a fine sport with a grand tradition that needs to be passed on or it will be lost forever.

Just my $.02.

We have a range here that is pretty sweet as far as ranges go. There are only two close to me. One is the shop where I bought my bow, they only have a 20 yd range, but this is the better shop of the two in my opinion. The guys there are awesome. They will answer any question, take the time to talk to you and not at you. Every time I have had an issue they go above and beyond to fix it, often without charging me. This is why I go out of my way to spend my money there. When my kids go they let them handle just about anything they want and answer every question. The other range goes to 45 yd and is setup really nice, but the owner is a diehard Matthews dealer. When I was looking for a bow he heard what I said but never really listened to me. I told him my budget and after his pitch he tried to sell me a bow at over double my budget. He wanted me to drop $1,123.67 on a Mission Craze package. I politely said no thanks that was out of my range and asked about the bow I was looking at(Stinger 3G). He proceeded to tell me that was a good bow but the Craze was better. I told him no doubt it was but it was not for me. He was good about it and saw I wasn't going to get it so he let up. He never bad mouthed the Stinger, just tried the hard sell on the Craze. This is the only reason I still go to his shop. His range is the better of the two but he can be off putting at times with the sales pitch. I think if my guys could put his range at their place they would be the only place I would need to go for everything.
    You keep what you kill...it is the Necromonger way.

You don't mess with kids like that. Good thing for that shop worker he's not from around here. He'd be out of a job quick.
    You can do more with a kind word and a gun than with just a kind word.

WOW anyone that does that to a kid shouldnt be anywhere around archery or any sport for that matter! That is the bow I bought for my son when he wanted to get into archery to be "just like daddy" Unfortunatly he just wasnt feeling the compound and really was starting to loose intrest, he wanted a crossbow so bad he couldnt stand it. He had to do a few things in order to get it but ultimatly I got him one and now he is all in. Im not happy about the crossbow but if it gets him excited to shoot and go hunting then so be it. I will do whatever it takes to get him out in the woods and happy.

At the bow club we will answer any questions or help any kid we can. THEY are the future of our sport!
    2- 2010 Elite Z28 black/ ...
    2010 Elite XLR
    Nok'd Up Archery Staff Shooter
    DaVinci Bowstrings, TRU Ball, Gold Tip, Bohning
    U.S. ARMY Operation Iraqi Freedom VET.. STAND BEHIND OR STAND IN FRONT OF US...

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdriver55 View Post
    A co-worker asked me to advise her on a good starter bow for her 8 year old son. With her budget limited I pointed her to the Diamond Edge. She picked one up for her son and brought it to work and I setup up for her. Her son took right to it and according to her really enjoys shooting and seems to be a natural. Now.....she took him to a pro shop with a range and set him up for a few leason. The guy at the range did nothing but BASH the kids bow and try to sell MOM on a hoyt that she can in no way afford. Even though her son was out shooting kids at the range that had been shooting for a few years, this proshop guy has planted the negative seed in her sons head that his bow isn't good enough. Her son even asked her if it was even good enough to kill a deer.

If anyone has any pictures of kills with your Diamond Edge please post them up so I can forward them to her so that maybe her son can rebuild some confidence in his bow.

Thanks
    Hey bud im not sure of you realize this but bowtech/diamond made a bow called diamond edge... the predecessor was the diamond razors edge and now they have the diamond infinite edge... they all have different specs. just saying.
    2011 Destroyer 350 28.5" 65#, 10" Carbon stab, Axcel Armortech Hd 5 pin .010, Ripcord, Gold Tip Velocity 7595's 396 gr, 100gr Killzones, Grim Reaper WTS, RamCats
    Tru Ball Short N Sweet, Carter Just B Cuz 3 finger
    Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings

Quote Originally Posted by mhill View Post
    Hey bud im not sure of you realize this but bowtech/diamond made a bow called diamond edge... the predecessor was the diamond razors edge and now they have the diamond infinite edge... they all have different specs. just saying.
    It is an infinite edge that he has. I advised her toward that bow because of the wide range on the draw and wieght and the fact that it was in her budget range too. I think it is a fine bow for the money and perfect for what he needed .

Not only would I never go there again I would also make sure every hunting person I knew would know that story also. I'm a vindicative prick and can't stand shops like that
    Hoyt Carbon spyder turbo
    Trophy taker Smackdown pro
    Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg
    B-stinger stabs

me too
    Quote Originally Posted by legacy_hunter02 View Post
    Not only would I never go there again I would also make sure every hunting person I knew would know that story also. I'm a vindicative prick and can't stand shops like that
    NEW Mongrel LOGO on TEAM PAGE
    Quote Originally Posted by Standbanger View Post
    Pinski you are the Archery innovator of the decade.
    Vortex Optics
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...post1061263717 The Great Mongrel Thread

Quote Originally Posted by legacy_hunter02 View Post
    not only would i never go there again i would also make sure every hunting person i knew would know that story also. I'm a vindicative prick and can't stand shops like that
    amen!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast