Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Request on behalf of a kid with a Diamond Edge

BTW I bought one this year for my son as well and he loves it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_S_-EI-Ee0

Best thing you could possibly show this kid is right here. The link above is a video of an 8yr old boys first bow kill. And it was done with none other than the Diamond Infinite Edge. The diamond infinite edge is an awesome bow and it can kill a deer just as good as a 1500$ hoyt any day of the week. The kid in this video is only 8yrs old. If an 8yr old can kill a buck with the edge i am sure he can do the same with proper practice. Nothing is wrong with this bow at all. I would recommend never going back to that pro shop. Pro shop owners 9 times out of 10 will try and try to sell you something you dont need just so they can make an extra buck. This is why i have become self sufficient and never have to take my bow to a lowsy pro shop. If i run into a problem i can't solve on my own i simply ask the fine people on this site for a solution and fix it myself. I Owned and infinite edge and it will put an arrow through a deers heart/lungs just as good as any bow out there.
    2013 PSE Stinger 3G @ 27" DL 60# DW
    Gold Tip Exp Hunter 400
    100gr G5 T3 Broadheads

Tell him it doesn't matter what the bow is if he is a good Indian!

Accuracy is more important than anything in archery. If he is already out shooting others that have been after it for a few years. He has nothing to worry about. If his accuracy is good he could out shoot and out kill anything the owner of that shop could using The best bow he has in there.
    Gold Tip Exp Hunter 400
    100gr G5 T3 Broadheads

My buddy just left with his. It will be his hunting bow this season. It absolutely rocks !! We put some new strings on it and timed the cams and that is a very nice shooting bow. It is whisper quiet and will serve him very well this year in the woods.

Some people just suck !!! My son and I have both shot the Hoyt kids bow and the Razor is just as nice of a bow, maybe even nicer.
    Living like Christ is impossible for Man,
    Living as a Disciple,,, I can do that

My sister owned a Hoyt youth bow the Ruckus. And honestly it was not a very good bow for her. Others may disagree and say its the best youth/womens bow ever made, but in her case it absolutley was terrible. She sold it and bought a Bear apprentice 2 which she is 10times more accurate with and likes a lot better. I am not saying that hoyts are bad bows by anymeans i owned a pro hawk and loved it. But i am going to say that there brand name is not all its cracked up to be. The Diamond infinite edge i owned outshot several hoyts. Its not the name thats stamped on the bow its the shooter and how well they can use there equipment. a 100$ bow can be deadly in the hands of the right archer.
    Gold Tip Exp Hunter 400
    100gr G5 T3 Broadheads

Quote Originally Posted by Bow-Hunter_1989 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_S_-EI-Ee0

Best thing you could possibly show this kid is right here. The link above is a video of an 8yr old boys first bow kill. And it was done with none other than the Diamond Infinite Edge. The diamond infinite edge is an awesome bow and it can kill a deer just as good as a 1500$ hoyt any day of the week. The kid in this video is only 8yrs old. If an 8yr old can kill a buck with the edge i am sure he can do the same with proper practice. Nothing is wrong with this bow at all. I would recommend never going back to that pro shop. Pro shop owners 9 times out of 10 will try and try to sell you something you dont need just so they can make an extra buck. This is why i have become self sufficient and never have to take my bow to a lowsy pro shop. If i run into a problem i can't solve on my own i simply ask the fine people on this site for a solution and fix it myself. I Owned and infinite edge and it will put an arrow through a deers heart/lungs just as good as any bow out there.
    This is exactly what he needs to see. Thanks for sharing this. I have forwarded it to his mom! Thanks!
    2012 PSE Bow Madness XL 60 lbs @ 30"
    2012 Rytera Alien XT Hybrix 2.0 cams 65 lbs @ 30"
    2013 PSE EVO Max 70 lbs @ 30"
    2014 ELITE Energy 35 70 lbs @ 30" (Won it here on AT!!)

Don't know how close other shops or ranges are, but I would definitely show the kid the pics and stories highlighted on this thread and then help mom find a different shop. That clown wouldn't see another penny from me. Competition, even the limited kind in the local shop industry, is a good thing for rooting out goofs like this. Is Hoyt the only line he carries?

Another thought would be whether you happen to frequent there as well and might know someone who owns the place. Tell him what happened and how quickly he (or his employees) can drive customers away. The shop guy probably saw a naive woman with a boy who would pressure her to get "better bow" and didn't plan for her to stick to her budget/means and ask someone else's opinion. Now he's got a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdriver55 View Post
    This is exactly what he needs to see. Thanks for sharing this. I have forwarded it to his mom! Thanks!
    Not at all a problem. I would hate to see a child get upset and leave the sport of archery or have doubts in his equipment simply due to the word of some ******* pro shop owner. Kids need to be encouraged and told positive things not brought down and criticized on there equipment.
    Gold Tip Exp Hunter 400
    100gr G5 T3 Broadheads

That man needs a hard kick in the ballz.
    That is not the way to treat a kid at all.
    We all need to do what we can to make the kids enjoy archery and bowhunting.
    That idiot is doing the exact opposite.

The Infinite Edge is a great bow for kids and will be the bows I will buy for my own 2 kids.
    Hopefully they will shoot some critters in Africa with them a few years from now.

Hey OP, the more I think about this the more it annoys me. We need to get this kid excited again about his equipment. I'd like to build him a custom set of strings and cables, at no cost of course, and send it to you or him to make his bow his own and one of a kind. If you could find out what colors he likes I'd like to make him a set. It doesn't matter what he wants, I'll build it. 1, 2 , 3 or even 4 colors.....pinstripe, colored serving or whatever. If you could get with him and his mom and them PM me the address to send it, I'd really appreciate it.
    Bear Anarchy HC
    Bear Anarchy
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinsker View Post
    Hey OP, the more I think about this the more it annoys me. We need to get this kid excited again about his equipment. I'd like to build him a custom set of strings and cables, at no cost of course, and send it to you or him to make his bow his own and one of a kind. If you could find out what colors he likes I'd like to make him a set. It doesn't matter what he wants, I'll build it. 1, 2 , 3 or even 4 colors.....pinstripe, colored serving or whatever. If you could get with him and his mom and them PM me the address to send it, I'd really appreciate it.

Very nice of you.

And the infinite edge is a great bow. I have one of my daughters hunting with one and my other daughter is using its predecessor a razors edge.

wow, the generosity of people still surprises me sometimes.

my hat is off to you sir

custom strings always makes me like my bows more lol
    PSE REVENGE

firenocks

ALL HAIL THE DAVE OF WYVERN

That is Really, Really Cool of you !!! I just did a set for my hunting bud and we put them on his bow today. Those bows really come to life with a nice set of strings.
    Living like Christ is impossible for Man,
    Living as a Disciple,,, I can do that

This is an awesome idea. Your a kind person. I would also be willing to make him a custom wrist sling in any colors he may want. You can message me on here as well with custom colors to make a wrist sling and i will make it and ship it to him free of charge.
    Gold Tip Exp Hunter 400
    100gr G5 T3 Broadheads

Huntinsker, always a good guy.
    "What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected." --Chief Seattle

Excellent! I will get back to you with that info. PM me with your number and I will give it to his mom and you can speak with them directly. This is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Bow-Hunter_1989 View Post
    This is an awesome idea. Your a kind person. I would also be willing to make him a custom wrist sling in any colors he may want. You can message me on here as well with custom colors to make a wrist sling and i will make it and ship it to him free of charge.
    That is awesome thanks!!!!

That is awesome of you Huntinsker and Bow-Hunter_1989

Last I heard Hoyt had outsourced the Ignite and Ruckus to being made in China...tell the little man to have some pride in his made in America infinite edge

...oh and also let him know his infinite edge is faster and therefore has more "power" than the ignite
    '13 DNA with Breathn threads
    Limbdriver Pro V
    MBG Vengeance 5 Pin
    10" B Stinger Sport Hunter Extreme
    Backup/3d - '10 Bow Madness XL

My son is competing in the National and State indoor championships with his infinite edge this weekend there is nothing wrong with it at all. Hope he gets to enjoy his bow again

The pro shop guy is an idiot plain and simple. I bought a razors edge last year originally for my wife, but she never got into it. Long story short I had to sell my bow and it was going to be months into deer season before I could buy another. So I picked up the razor and figured Id play with it and use it in early season. After shooting it a few times I was shocked at how sweet it shot. Yesterday my buddy Ohwell put a sweet new set of strings on it and set the cam timing and I was flat out AMAZED by how sweet this bow shot. This thing shoots so nice Ill be using it all year and next too, there is no reason for me to buy a new bow. Diamond/bowtech honestly did a fantastic job when they made it and the infinite edge is even nicer Im sure. Anybody that would trash these bows has either never shot one or (more likely) doesnt what what the hell they are talking about and absolutely shouldnt be trusted to work on bows. People use the word "youth" bow, and I think thats because the draw length is under 30. I am 38 years old 5'8 & 200lbs and this bow fits me perfectly. Truth be told the vast majority of adults have draw lengths under 30. Sorry for the long reply, I just wanted this kid (and everyone) know how surprisingly sweet these bows are. A new set of strings and they really shine. Thanks to Ohwell for an awesome set of strings and congrats to huntsker and bowhunter_1989 for also being great guys. Its absolutely refreshing and awesome on here to see "archers helping archers".

Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian Woods View Post
    That is awesome of you Huntinsker and Bow-Hunter_1989
    Thank you glad i can help this young man out.
    That is awesome thanks!!!!
    The kids are the future of conservation and the future of this sport. They need to be encouraged and empowered to keep our sport alive. If we can't put confidence in the children then this sport that we have all grown to love could be lost forever. I would absolutely hate for a kid to give up on the sport that is so fun and exciting simply due to the meaningless hateful words of one lowsy pro shop owner. If i can put a smile on this little boys face and get him slinging carbon with confidence in his equipment then i will do everything i can to make it happen.
    Gold Tip Exp Hunter 400
    100gr G5 T3 Broadheads

You guys are awesome for the support you are showing this kid. I will make sure to ask his mother for a picture of his setup once everything is done and I will post it on this thread. Thanks guys!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast