a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Request on behalf of a kid with a Diamond Edge

I hope this kid has an adult he can go hunting with and show him the great experience hunting is.
    I would gladly offer him to go with me and my 2 kids that are 5 and 8, but I realize it is a bit far and costly for him to travel to Norway.
    And sadly it would not be with a bow as it is not legal here

Yes he has Uncles and his mother's boy friend is a big time hunter. He will have many days this fall to set in the tree with them. I hope I will get to dig this thread up and post a pic of him with his bow over his first deer kill. (if I can get his mom to forward me a picture)
    2012 PSE Bow Madness XL 60 lbs @ 30"
    2012 Rytera Alien XT Hybrix 2.0 cams 65 lbs @ 30"
    2013 PSE EVO Max 70 lbs @ 30"
    2014 ELITE Energy 35 70 lbs @ 30" (Won it here on AT!!)

What the hell is wrong with some of these shops?

I had a young lady bring me a diamond last year for new strings and the owner of the local "Pro Shop" had told her that bow wasn't worth putting new strings on... What a d-bag.

My brother is 28 yrs old never bowhunted until last season and didn't want to spend a fortune on a bow not knowing if he would like the sport so he bought the infinitie edge set at 60lbs and 28 in draw victory arrows tipped with rage 2 blades ( which he chose and I was totally against not thinking the bow produced enough ke for the heads and I got proved wrong) he was able to harvest three does in his first 5 sits and all deer were finished within sight of his tree...It's sad but in my experience with my local pro shop if you don't spend $1000 on a set up or shoot what they sell they really don't wanna deal with getting ur equipment set up right or spending time with it

10520827_10202725290748286_1427636285_n.jpg
    10540761_10202725290868289_1806887471_n.jpg
    This should get him a little more excited with his set up! will have it in the mail on monday and will ship it priority 2-3 day mail. Should have it by Thursday at the latest.
    2013 PSE Stinger 3G @ 27" DL 60# DW
    Gold Tip Exp Hunter 400
    100gr G5 T3 Broadheads

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdriver55 View Post
    You guys are awesome for the support you are showing this kid. I will make sure to ask his mother for a picture of his setup once everything is done and I will post it on this thread. Thanks guys!
    That would be awesome. Thanks for helping this young man and his mother.
    Bear Anarchy HC
    Bear Anarchy
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

Quote Originally Posted by Bow-Hunter_1989 View Post
    10520827_10202725290748286_1427636285_n.jpg
    10540761_10202725290868289_1806887471_n.jpg
    This should get him a little more excited with his set up! will have it in the mail on monday and will ship it priority 2-3 day mail. Should have it by Thursday at the latest.
    That looks awesome. Hope his strings turn out just as good.
    Bear Anarchy HC
    Bear Anarchy

I wonder what he'd say about my first bow... It was an early 90s Jennings Compound ladies bow purple and some greenish color. Set up for targets but it fit me well and I could put them into the heart and lungs at up to 60 yards. First bow I hunted with was a 1994 Alpine Whisperflite and I could hit pretty well with it out to about 60. Now my Martin Cheetah was an upgrade and it was used when I got it but I have hit my Block out to 115 with it and have killed a couple deer and squirrels and a groundhog with it. My point is, if you can shoot the heart and lungs of your quarry, you will be having steaks for dinner.
    2009 Martin Cheetah 70#
    Spot-Hogg Tommy Hogg
    GT Hunter XT w/ Something Sharp and Ever-Changing out Front.
    Drew First Blood: Thanksgiving 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Anschutz View Post
    I wonder what he'd say about my first bow... It was an early 90s Jennings Compound ladies bow purple and some greenish color. Set up for targets but it fit me well and I could put them into the heart and lungs at up to 60 yards. First bow I hunted with was a 1994 Alpine Whisperflite and I could hit pretty well with it out to about 60. Now my Martin Cheetah was an upgrade and it was used when I got it but I have hit my Block out to 115 with it and have killed a couple deer and squirrels and a groundhog with it. My point is, if you can shoot the heart and lungs of your quarry, you will be having steaks for dinner.
    A jennings black lightning was my very first compound bow. Picked it up at a garage sale darn thing was spray painted green the ugliest thing you have ever seen haha. But i put a new string and cable set on it took it to the woods for several years and put down several deer with it. Goes to show that if you can get it done with something like that then this kids blacked out Diamond will do it with no problem.
    Gold Tip Exp Hunter 400
    100gr G5 T3 Broadheads

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinsker View Post
    That looks awesome. Hope his strings turn out just as good.
    Thank you Huntinsker!
    Gold Tip Exp Hunter 400
    100gr G5 T3 Broadheads

Quote Originally Posted by Anschutz View Post
    I promise you that the Infinite Edge shoot the lights out of my first compound that I bough in 1986.
    A 70 lbs Bear Hurricane XL II.
    But still it killed animals without a problem.

ivan1.jpgBoy in white and orange made it to nationals here in Mexico with his Diamond "the edge" with only 4 monts in the sport, "Its not the arrows, is the indian"

My daughter got the same reaction towards her bow at a 3D shoot. She placed third but never wanted to compete again. Someone working at a big box store told her crap about it too. Her reply was classic and can be used by this boy too next year: How many kills does this nice shiny bow have? Mine has 8 She was counting small game too, but hey it shut him up quick!

This year I thought of painting her bow up and passing it on to my son (8yrs) since she has maxed it out. However, her response to that was only the same bow would replace it. Do you know how hard it is to find a left handed Alpine Micro? Thank goodness one popped up. now she can go up 10# more. That makes three of these "beat up old bows" in my house.

That boy should be proud just to be in the woods. His bow will do just fine. Heck, I hunted with a 1975 bow until around 1998 or so and it probably didn't pack the punch his does.

An "outdated, beat up, used bow made fresh by her old man for her birthday. Note the super advanced sight and $5000 dollar paint job!

Her on a 3D range smoking half the adults with a sub $200 rig ( yes the DL is fixed now)

Her first deer with it way back when. I wonder what the shop would say about the camo choice for her stalk?
    Anyone else sick of working to support those who don't?
    Anyone else sick of obeying laws made because idiots don't care about facts?
    Anyone else sick of people telling you to be polite about everything?
    I'm wondering how we got to this point.

I bought my son a pse rally but I have shot the infinite edge and love it! Almost bought one!
    "The hunt is never complete until the kill"
    -- ME

im 14, and I got 1 turkey, a buck, and 2 does with my diamond edge last season.

Awesome! Thanks for all the post to this thread. I am forwarding the stories to his mom. Attached is a text from his mother. Needless to say, all the pictures and stories from you guys have BOOSTED his confidence in his bow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 PSE Bow Madness XL 60 lbs @ 30"
    2012 Rytera Alien XT Hybrix 2.0 cams 65 lbs @ 30"
    2013 PSE EVO Max 70 lbs @ 30"
    2014 ELITE Energy 35 70 lbs @ 30" (Won it here on AT!!)

jamie-kill-shot-300x225.jpg
    Just another confidence booster for him. If a child can kill a "BULL ELK!" with the Diamond Infinite Edge. He should know that killing a deer with his bow will be quiet an easy task for it.
    Gold Tip Exp Hunter 400
    100gr G5 T3 Broadheads

Great bull.
    Congrats and well done.

Great bull.

I'm looking at possibly picking up the infinate edge for my wife, hopefully this year. She has never shot a bow before but has been hunting with me a few times and likes it. I figured worst case, if she decides she does not like archery, I have a backup to my Assassin. But hopefully she loves it!

i shot this deer last year, my first year archery hunting and did it with a diamond infinite edge at age 29. Tell the kid that its all about how well you can use the bow, not how shiny and new it is. Also tell him good luck this season!IMG_20130921_173526_691.jpg

SOUTH DAKOTA STATE 3-D ARCHERY CHAMPION
    Hips Archery Targets Pro Staff "Less shred, more dead". Get Your target at http://www.hipstargets.com/

I just got first place at the South Dakota State 3D Shoot so the bow is fine.
    SOUTH DAKOTA STATE 3-D ARCHERY CHAMPION
    Hips Archery Targets Pro Staff "Less shred, more dead". Get Your target at http://www.hipstargets.com/

Quote Originally Posted by James Teeslink View Post
    I just got first place at the South Dakota State 3D Shoot so the bow is fine.
    Your bow is the Razor Edge. The bow in question is an infinite edge. They are very similar but very different at the same time.
    Gold Tip Exp Hunter 400
    100gr G5 T3 Broadheads

Quote Originally Posted by Bow-Hunter_1989 View Post
    Your bow is the Razor Edge. The bow in question is an infinite edge. They are very similar but very different at the same time.
    Very true. The Infinite is even better so his win is even more impressive and the young man referenced in the OP is even better off. Win win the way I see it.
    Bear Anarchy HC
    Bear Anarchy

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinsker View Post
    Very true. The Infinite is even better so his win is even more impressive and the young man referenced in the OP is even better off. Win win the way I see it.
    Completely agreed. Congrats on the win!!!
    Gold Tip Exp Hunter 400
    100gr G5 T3 Broadheads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast