Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who all uses life lines in your stands. And do you buy or build

I use them, and I buy mine.

Unabashed crossbow bashing elitist, and proud of it.

i have never used one and really dont plan on getting one. up until the last year i didnt wear a harness. i did start wearing a harnesss religiously last year, but the lifeline seems pretty unncessary to me. maybe as i get older but as of now i do not use one.

yes. and to anyone who thinks they are pricey when u are parylized from ur fall if u live a wheel chair is around 2,500 and a funeral averages 10 to 15,000. h&s lifeline is $40.00 i mean come on that's dirt cheap compared to the rest of ur equipment. live to hunt another day.

Bought a bunch of Muddy life lines and I am putting them up in stands now for fall. Used one last year, only problem I had was I went to climb on day and the prussic knot was so frozen to the rope it would not slide. I had to sit there for like 5 min. warming & working it with my hands. Nice to know I'm tied in from bottom to top.
    Darton Pro 3800, HHA 5019, Muzzy zero-effect
    Darton DS 4500, Axcel 4500, HHA scope, Limbdriver pro
    Bow Time Machine
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I use lifelines on every stand, an extra $30 a stand is worth it when it comes to safety
    Elite Energy 35 84lbs 30" Easton FMJ 510 grains 293fps
    Hoyt Buffalo Recurve 71lbs @ 30" Beman Nightfall 300s
    Bowtech Tribute 104lbs 30" Easton FMJ Dangerous Game 250

I will have two fixed stands up this year and both will have store-bought lifelines on the trees. When I use my climber, I strap myself in as soon as I step onto the platform at the base of the tree.

I use a lineman's belt. Lifeline is a great idea, but where I hunt I bring my bottom stick with me when I do leave stands up. I'd love to setup lifelines every stand but theyd be gone! Great product though!

Who all uses life lines in your stands. And do you buy or build

I have been studying these too and what I have decided is to keep using the line mans rope as I climb and tether to the tree. But, when I finally get my own lease, all of my lock on stands will have a lifeline.
    Last edited by pstrahin; July 14th, 2014 at 09:30 AM. Reason: misspelled word

I have one on every stand I put up. Whats your life worth?
    Airborne Archery LLC, Authorized Obsession Dealer, Authorized Athens Archery DealerAuthorized Diamond, Styker & Octane Dealer
    2014 Obsession Phoenix, Spot Hogg Hogg-It, QAD HDX, Tight Spot Quiver
    2014 Obsession Evolution, Athens Testament, Spott Hogg Hogg It, QAD HDX, Tight Spot Quiver

Quote Originally Posted by j1b View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I have never fell either, don't have a "hard lesson" for why I do what I do. And the $40 per as a reason not to buy is just silly to me. I understand some folks are of the "it'll never happen to me" ilk. That's their choice - it hasn't happened to me either but I still use the things. I'd buy a "lesser" bow before I'd sacrifice my safety in the tree.
    Yeah, and the guys complaining are generally the ones with the head-to-toe scentproof clothing, $400 treestands and a brand new $1000 bow with a dozen arrows with broadheads and lighted nocks worth $40 a piece... I understand having a limited hunting budget, believe me... but I will GLADLY sacrafice a new box of broadheads or that new base layer for a few lifelines that will last many seasons if cared for... just my opinion.

I am a firm believer in always being attached... a linemas belt when hanging stands, and a lifeline when hunting. I have them on every stand. You would be surprised at the amount of security you feel when you clip into that line on the ground, especially on those icy cold morning in the dark... it just makes me feel safer. I just bought the HSS one's as well... I priced out the materials to build my own and it just wasn't worth it to me. If you buy the properly rated lines I couldn't get much cheaper than $40 bucks for each 30' set-up. If you do make your own, be sure to get the rope from a proper climbing or arborist store... not your local hardware. You need a good quality 11mm mainline that is rated to take a fall. That cheap poly rope from the hardware is not up to the task. My buddy was using that polypropelene rope from a TSC or something for his lifelines until he had one break while he was just using it to hoist his ladder stand up into the tree one summer...that's when he decided just to buy a proper one, lol.

Now that my son is a Bowhunter, I will be as safe as I can be. Kids learn what you teach them and his safety and well being are my number one priority.

I use them, and so far have made all of mine. That does not mean that I won't buy them in the future.

I have them on all my hang on stands. To me you'd be foolish not to. If you can't afford the 30 bucks for a lifeline keep your butt on the ground!
    Team 28 With a name like quiver sniffers we've gotta be good!

Quote Originally Posted by outdrsman11 View Post
    use one on all my stands !! And use the rope style tree strap with my climber. I honestly don't know a good reason why someone would not use some kind of a fall prevention device?? "they're not comfortable. I haven't fallen yet. They get in the way" are not good reasons, only excuses until you actually fall. I've got a wife, son and family that would sure be pissed if i didn't come back home because i was too lazy/stupid to not strap myself in..
    We safely lower our weapons back down with a rope of sorts, why the crap wouldn't we lower ourselves down safely?

couldn't have said it better....
    Terry L. Colin
    CWO3, USCG, Retired

Check out Sportsmans Guide website. They have Climbing Ropes for $30, but if you google a promo code for the site you get $10 off any order of $10 or more. $20 + shipping for something that will save your life. Just an FYI.
    2013 PSE Stinger 3G Vaportrail
    PSE 3 pin Trophy Ridge WB
    29in draw 68#
    NAP Killzone

Bought my first life line this year and plan to use it. Been using linemens belts then securing myself once in, I think the lifeline is the way to go.

I left 2 Muddy life lines out since last fall. Will they be ok or should I replace them?
    You can do more with a kind word and a gun than with just a kind word.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123