Thread: J nocks

J nocks

I posted a couple times about the J nock lifting the arrows off the deck or rail. On my 330 will not no more I swapped out strings to a thicker string bingo. Problem gone. So I'm back to J nocks on my matrix bows. I just can't duplicate the accuracy or flight with flats.
    I tried several flats today and yesterday and different inserts. Nothing topped the J's out of the 380.
    So I started a investigation on the 330 and found it was serving size.

Now before you flat nock lovers hang me from a tree . I didn't say they didn't shoot good ok. They just don't shoot as good for me out of my bows.
    Just a down to earth Bowhunter.

Oh man....I was getting my rope ready while reading this....until I got to the last part.
    Obsession Evolution | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery T3 | Stryker Solution 350

Lol I've been strung up before. For not walking the prescribed path.

I use J nocks on my sz350 and middleton. Great nocks, very durable.
    Pope and Young Club Associate Member
    Massachusetts Bowhunters Association life Member
    Elite Z28 / SZ 350 / DTM 315 SS / 330 SS / Ready- Shot Shooting Stick

Rt2, if the serving is too large for the J nocks you could always try the D nocks. I've got a cheaper PSE Enigma that has a larger diameter serving. The D nocks fit it well. The J nocks work great on my Mission.
    Mission MXB-360, HHA Optimzer, Redfield Revenge Crossbow scope, GT III Pros.

The problem was the serving was to small. But only on the string on the 330. Funny thing it's the same string just served tighter my guess. The J's worked great on the 380. I took the miller string off and put vixenmasters string on the 330. And it's looking good. And one of my 452x strings also worked good.
    But thanks for the heads up. All info is good info imb.

Take a small chain saw file and make a couple passes thru the nock also solves the problem. Made a 12" arrow put it on backwards and it will lift off the rail on about all of our Vents. After we file the nock problem solved. So all the nocks when building arrows get the treatment. Didnt hurt grouping either.

Love my ... Firenock snap on "Q" nocks. Great safety feature.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE,
    Zeiss 3-12x50mmDuralyt, CamX Accuspine arrows, 100gr RamCats or Spitfire Maxx & Firenocks
    Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor.
    NRA Life Member 1971 Join up and fight to regain your rights!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
    Love my ... Firenock snap on "Q" nocks. Great safety feature.
    Firenocks are hard not to like. Snap and go.

I have found over the years. If you keep coming back. You was where you should have been in the first place.