Archery Talk Forum banner

J nocks

800 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  rt2bowhunter 
#1 ·
I posted a couple times about the J nock lifting the arrows off the deck or rail. On my 330 will not no more I swapped out strings to a thicker string bingo. Problem gone. So I'm back to J nocks on my matrix bows. I just can't duplicate the accuracy or flight with flats.
I tried several flats today and yesterday and different inserts. Nothing topped the J's out of the 380.
So I started a investigation on the 330 and found it was serving size.

Now before you flat nock lovers hang me from a tree :). I didn't say they didn't shoot good ok. They just don't shoot as good for me out of my bows.

#6 ·
The problem was the serving was to small:). But only on the string on the 330. Funny thing it's the same string just served tighter my guess. The J's worked great on the 380. I took the miller string off and put vixenmasters string on the 330. And it's looking good. And one of my 452x strings also worked good.
But thanks for the heads up. All info is good info imb.

#7 ·
Take a small chain saw file and make a couple passes thru the nock also solves the problem. Made a 12" arrow put it on backwards and it will lift off the rail on about all of our Vents. After we file the nock problem solved. So all the nocks when building arrows get the treatment. Didnt hurt grouping either.

#8 ·
Love my ... Firenock snap on "Q" nocks. Great safety feature.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.