Archery Talk Forum banner

Where do I get this sight?

5K views 72 replies 29 participants last post by  Joe2698 
#1 ·
It's an Octane. Looks very similar to a Spot Hogg.

See less See more
#5 ·
They pop up in the classifieds every now and then

#7 ·
First off they never made a sight. They are made by someone else and branded with their name. Looks possibly like it was made by spot Hogg for them but not sure.
Most of these bow companies do not make acc. They buy them from someone else and have them branded to their name.
So bottom line buy what you want the name makes no difference.

#29 ·
This is true.
That sight hasn't been made for a few years. Maybe 2010 I think.
There were lots of issues with them and they only distributed them one year.
If you want one that bad go for it.
Personally I would get something else and slap a Bowtech/octane sticker on it. Since matching is so important to you.
He wants his stuff to match Dale didn't you see that part? I'm mean really Dale get with the program geeesh.

#31 ·
I'm as picky as anyone when it comes to my bows but I would worry less about my accessories matching and worry more about how they function. If you like the looks of the Spot Hogg then get a Spot Hogg not a look alike that lacks the performance of the real thing.

#33 ·
Id buy the sight you want and forget this Dale genius. He seems pretty clueless to me. If you buy it and the sight is junk then just return it and get something else. I did not hear many good things about it either to be honest but try it if you want and like I said just return it if it's junk.

#39 ·
forget this Dale genius. He seems pretty clueless to me
:ROFLMAO:

So...you've been here for a month, and made 9 posts, and thought it'd be a good idea to call out one of the most knowledgeable members on AT?
Good plan! Perhaps a better plan would be to listen to what the elders around here have to say. You might just learn something.

To the OP, as others have said, the sight you are interested in is a complete POS, which is why they don't make it anymore.
Back in the day, I recall there was a thread here on AT complaining about the poor quality.

People are all wired differently. Nobody on this thread is trying to belittle you, it's just that you are wired a little different than most. I doubt that 1% of the people here would care what the brand name of the sight is, as long as it works well.
That doesn't make you wrong...just a little different.
Good luck to you, I hope you find something that works for you.

#34 ·
The point people are trying to make is that you by a sight for accuracy, ease of use, adjustability, or how bright the pins are. You dont buy one because it matches your bow manufacturer. Some of these people have years in the archery industry and they know what they are talking about. XForce girl was female shooter of year in VA 2 or 3 times and owns her own bow shop so she might know a little about this particular sight.

#35 ·
Those are mostly the reasons I wanted it. To me it looks just like a Spot Hogg and the fact it would match was a big plus to me. Also the pins looked much brighter to me than the Spot Hogg. This would be like me telling you to forget about what you want on your bow and just put on everything I tell you too. I mean I want what I want, I don't let the foolishness of a few rain on my parade.

#38 ·
Well I can understand if you want a sight the says octane on it to match. Heck I done like anything that doesn't match color wise on my bow. Anyway from what I remember a lot of people seemed to have troubles with that sight when they were first out. Which would make sense since they stopped selling them rather quickly. I have seen a few in the classifieds or eBay though.

#61 ·
Dale means well, he can definitely be abrasive with how he speaks to people but some guys just talk that way. We all have done it. I originally was sympathetic for the OP but not anymore. It's apparent you are trying pretty hard to slam Dale now, can't tell if the OP is a troll or just has a big ego.. Either way you're making a helluva entrance to AT. Lol

#64 ·
I think your spot on with the troll... if you look at the OP's name and the Trolls name they have the same format 2 initals and 4 numbers. I wonder if the OP made 2 accounts one to ask a question and the other to troll with. Either way both are banned.

#72 ·
I'm pretty sure bowtech does in fact make the octane stuff because I had a friend who was asked for an interview for the head engineer position for bowtechs accessory line. He went elsewhere but that tells me that bowtech does in fact make some or all of their accessories. But I am not 100% on that I'm just adding 1 and 1 together here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.