Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's next for Pin?

What's next for Pin?

Did I miss the announcement?

"It don't really matter what kinda bow you choose to shoot. Just as long as you like it, practice and become a good shot. It's all good." rt2bowhunter

"Some feel that all should do as they do: this is questionable at best." sew

You'll ... have to wait for the announcement through his agent. I heard he's in negotiations for one now. At least that's what the Public Relations firm is saying.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE,
    Zeiss 3-12x50mmDuralyt, CamX Accuspine arrows, 100gr RamCats or Spitfire Maxx & Firenocks
    Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor.
    NRA Life Member 1971 Join up and fight to regain your rights!

according to post #10 below, it looks like a stealth ss

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2280621
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    LS 390 HHA, Vortex
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

No it looks like the Shadow UL for Pin not the Stealth SS. Good choice Pin.

Well unless Wyvern gets eat by a bear before or I run off with the hostess girl before tomorrow I will have a ten point shadow on order. I looked and looked at bows....I needed none because I had two good recurves...but I had a hankering again lol There were two bows that stood out to me the solution 350 and shadow. I was going to get both but for now just the shadow.....I must be getting tighter LOL I don't know if I want to spend $1800 on bows right now.

I also know the 350 is a solid bow and wyvern is a great dealer that can get things done....and I know BT is supposed "better" now...I feel like I'm in the xfiles with them.....I want to believe but I'm not there yet LOL

For the first time since I've been shooting crossbows I'm pondering on going into the season with just one bow. I shot a mission dagger over the weekend and had the trigger not felt like 6lb I might would buy one of those for a backup bow. It was way short of its speed rating too but the trigger was the ultimate deal breaker for me. Other than those two things its a really nice bow. Compact, light and well balanced.

So for now nothing really trips my trigger other than the shadow....I guess I'm like that relative or spouse at Christmas time...what do you get a person thats got everything...in my case had everything LOL
    John 3:16
    Ten Point Turbo 11
    Excalibur Matrix 355

Yep, I really liked the stealth.....had to I ordered it twice lol But the one thing I wanted was less weight. I held the shadow recently....I didn't care for the textured limbs but I really liked how light it felt and the TS camo/black combo. Performance wise its right there with the stealth so I'm choosing it over another stealth not to mention its $100 cheaper
    Ten Point Turbo 11
    Excalibur Matrix 355

yea , dang it , I wrote it down wrong, it's early ...lol
    of course.... it ain't written in stone yet,,,, he could change his mind ?? ... lol
    nice bow Pin!
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    LS 390 HHA, Vortex
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

I did see and hold the shadow at Cabelas. Nice, light, and compact. Probably better off with the Ten Point if you're going to do hunting season with no backup.
    "It don't really matter what kinda bow you choose to shoot. Just as long as you like it, practice and become a good shot. It's all good." rt2bowhunter

I will agree with that...ten point and excalibur are the only companies I would truly trust if I only had one bow. Good quality and fast turn around if something goes wrong. Mission would be another one but that depends on how diligent your local dealer is.
    Ten Point Turbo 11
    Excalibur Matrix 355

Quote Originally Posted by JOE PA View Post
    I did see and hold the shadow at Cabelas. Nice, light, and compact. Probably better off with the Ten Point if you're going to do hunting season with no backup.
    Pin's ... "backup" is only a cell phone call and overnight shipping away ... LOL I heard Wyvern is considering adding Pin to his family cell phone account and giving Pin a phone for faster response times.
    Zeiss 3-12x50mmDuralyt, CamX Accuspine arrows, 100gr RamCats or Spitfire Maxx & Firenocks

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
    Pin's ... "backup" is only a cell phone call and overnight shipping away ... LOL I heard Wyvern is considering adding Pin to his family cell phone account and giving Pin a phone for faster response times.
    LOL I hadn't thought about the family plan.....that should work fine :-)
    Ten Point Turbo 11
    Excalibur Matrix 355

Quote Originally Posted by pinshooter View Post
    LOL I hadn't thought about the family plan.....that should work fine :-)
    The "Dealers" ... always give their biggest users extra service around here.

Yeah but I'm surprised I'm not on the ignore list LOL Oh no its pin again...I know I'll make a sell but he won't be happy with it LOL
    Ten Point Turbo 11
    Excalibur Matrix 355

How about Sprint's new "Frambly" plan commercial, AT edition.

Sprint won't work for me.....only Verizon picks up from here and my deer stands :-)
    Ten Point Turbo 11
    Excalibur Matrix 355

Quote Originally Posted by pinshooter View Post
    Sprint won't work for me.....only Verizon picks up from here and my deer stands :-)
    Deer stands? ... I thought that was just part of some made up story to justify a zillion crossbow purchases?... LOL You actually HAVE deer stands? Probably take a week with chainsaws & commercial weed whackers to get back to them.

I had inside info awhile back a Shadow UL was gonna be a new acquisition. lol
    TenPoint Phantom, Black Eagle Executioners
    NAP 100gn. Nitron Broadheads
    Burris, Leupold Optics, XB30
    Black Widow Deer Lures Pro Staff
    NRA Life Member, Molon Labe, Bravo Zulu Team VI

Anyone in the market for a tenpoint shadow before deer season might want to wait.
    Michigan Meat Hunter "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
    Scorpyd Vent -150, Excal Matrix 330
    Michigan Crossbow Federation Member, AND PROUD OF IT!!

All joking aside, I'm curious and somewhat dumbfounded about switching bows this close to the hunting season. I'm stressing over the notion of buying a different quiver! (I like the Kwikees, but dang they grip the arrows hard. I even lube the danged grippers!)

I guess once you've owned as many bows as Pin it's easy to switch on a moment's notice.

~E

I would think he would set it up like the 2 Stealth SSs he had and be real close. I used to do stuff like that with compound verticals, but eventually gave it up as too stressful and it had a negative effect on my shooting. Pin seems like he can pull it off without a hitch.

Short on time ha I scoff at that LOL I'm no rookie at this LOL I can put any bow together and be ready to hunt in a couple hours.....I don't need time to get used to anything...I've already had them all LOL

Now let me stress that my ordering the shadow is 24hr away...thats enough time for me to switch to something else :-) I only plan on having one bow....the only thing that could change is a blackout matrix 380 or another 405...with me the only thing constant is change LOL

Duke believe it or not I do hunt
    Ten Point Turbo 11
    Excalibur Matrix 355

I'm starting to wonder why I don't have a 405. And my 380 is grounded right here at least for this season. It's got to the point it's easy to cock. A black out 380 would be sweet. But I'm working on strings that stretching has got to go. Seasons closing in. I want it set it and forget it. Where the only thing on my mind is that buck.
    Just a down to earth Bowhunter.

The bucks around here are the reason I focus on crossbows LOL I hunt hard but I haven't killed one so far that I consider a nice buck. Might as well enjoy my crossbows :-) 380 or 405 either one I would have a crank with myself. I'm done cocking back the heavy hitters and I don't need the speed but I've also always had multiple bows around and that was my enjoyment....just drag another one off the hook and plunk arrows....when I consider just having one effective bow that does it all then it makes me think different.
    Ten Point Turbo 11
    Excalibur Matrix 355

For those of us that haven't been able to keep up, could you list all the ones that you have had in the last couple of years? If it's too much trouble just the brands will be okay.

I can't remember all my bows lol but companies are, parker, bowtech, ten point, excalibur.
    Ten Point Turbo 11
    Excalibur Matrix 355

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast