Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's next for Pin?

Quote Originally Posted by woopig View Post
    For those of us that haven't been able to keep up, could you list all the ones that you have had in the last couple of years? If it's too much trouble just the brands will be okay.
    Heck just in the Matrix line I know he has owned 1- 405, 3-380's, 330, and a 310. He may have owned more than that if I missed a couple. Not sure why he hasn't bought a 355.

Excalibur Matrix 380
    Excalibur Matrix 330
    HHA Optimizer with Hawke Scope
    18" Black Eagle Arrows w/ 110 grain insert and Lumenoks
    100 grain Swhacker broadheads 1.75"

cspot...I did have a 355 :-)
    John 3:16
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by pinshooter View Post
    cspot...I did have a 355 :-)
    You must have had that one even shorter than normal, because I sure don't remember it. LOL. At least you have had the complete lineup.
    Excalibur Matrix 380
    Excalibur Matrix 330
    HHA Optimizer with Hawke Scope
    18" Black Eagle Arrows w/ 110 grain insert and Lumenoks
    100 grain Swhacker broadheads 1.75"

No I had it a long time.....like a month or so LOL
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

You owned a mission and native if I'm not mistaken? Add those to the list oh ya and a scorpyd.
    MXB 320, 22" BEE, XB30 Compact
    Bob Lee Hunter

Oh yeah I forgot about those LOL Thats what happens when you buy too many bows....I wasn't kidding when I said I can't name them all :-)
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

Pin, which Matrix bow was your favorite?....any noticeable difference between the 380 and 405?.........Thanks Buddy...................Hb

I loved them all lol My favorite to cock and shoot was the 310. Yes there is a some difference between the 380 and 405. The 380 is stiff but to me the 405 takes stiffness to a different level lol I could cock it but eventually quit and only used the C2 crank. Most people would need the crank without taking risk of pulling something. Its a deadly bow though that does its rating.
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

Your signature looks lonely Pin. lol
    TenPoint Phantom, Black Eagle Executioners
    NAP 100gn. Nitron Broadheads
    Burris, Leupold Optics, XB30
    Black Widow Deer Lures Pro Staff
    NRA Life Member, Molon Labe, Bravo Zulu Team VI

It is lol
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

Oh yeah I forgot about those LOL Thats what happens when you buy too many bows....I wasn't kidding when I said I can't name them all :-)
    Sit down and make a list. When you think it's finished, you'll remember another. That's what always happened to me when I tried to list my compound verts.
    "It don't really matter what kinda bow you choose to shoot. Just as long as you like it, practice and become a good shot. It's all good." rt2bowhunter

"Some feel that all should do as they do: this is questionable at best." sew

The reason I won't do that is because I will remember all the money I lost selling them LOL
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

The reason I won't do that is because I will remember all the money I lost selling them LOL
    If you would shoot them until you are tired of them and not send in the registration information, you could probably get more for them. What's a week or two to wait - lol?
    NRA Life Member

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
    - Alexis de Tocqueville (1835)

Well I know some don't register them and thats fine but a company can require proof of purchase and that unregistered bow will still have no warranty in that situation. Excalibur of course has no serial numbers and I've never heard of anyone being refused a warranty on used bows (they have so few anyway :-) Every company that uses serial numbers keeps track of where that bow was shipped to. In the case of Mission/Mathews a dealer can lose his dealership if a bow ends up registered second hand so they are supposed to register the bow before you leave the shop. Short of it is just because you see bows listed "unregistered" it doesn't mean you are guaranteed to have one just because you register it online. Warranty is only as good as the company anyway :-)
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

Maybe ... you should. It might be a sobering exercise. Reminds me of about 20 years ago when I used to use about 6 different credit cards. I was spending a ton of extra money because none of the monthly bills looked alarming. Nickel & dime-ing myself to death so to speak but with hundreds instead of nickels. Finally I woke up and started carrying 3, but only using one ... Cabelas. Thereafter I SAW how much I was spending because ONE bill came in ONCE per month. Didn't talk long for me to pull in my horns & get real. Take a few hours and make up a spread sheet of all your past bow purchases. Total cost of bow & accoutrements, total sale costs and chart your total loses.

By the way ... I finally ordered my Les Baer after two years ... LOL Did it with the money I saved by only shooting one bow. (10 months to a year wait to get the weapon)
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr RamCats, & Firenocks. Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
    Maybe ... you should. It might be a sobering exercise. Reminds me of about 20 years ago when I used to use about 6 different credit cards. I was spending a ton of extra money because none of the monthly bills looked alarming. Nickel & dime-ing myself to death so to speak but with hundreds instead of nickels. Finally I woke up and started carrying 3, but only using one ... Cabelas. Thereafter I SAW how much I was spending because ONE bill came in ONCE per month. Didn't talk long for me to pull in my horns & get real. Take a few hours and make up a spread sheet of all your past bow purchases. Total cost of bow & accoutrements, total sale costs and chart your total loses.

By the way ... I finally ordered my Les Baer after two years ... LOL Did it with the money I saved by only shooting one bow. (10 months to a year wait to get the weapon)
    Toys are NOT considered an expense. Its a necessity!

Duke, rifle, pistol? Care to share what that set you back? :-)

Aging....they are necessity...but then if bows were food I have over eaten a lot LOL
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

Duke, rifle, pistol? Care to share what that set you back? :-)

Aging....they are necessity...but then if bows were food I have over eaten a lot LOL
    AR-15 ... $2,390.00 + tax and FFL transfer fees. ( http://www.lesbaer.com/223Match.html ) I've been searching for the AR with the best precision for a couple of years. Actually, a precision semi-auto has been my quest. The AR being so popular, has been the most highly refined. We shoot .223 bolt actions on some management projects so I wanted to stick with that caliber. I'm not a black rifle freak so it's been daunting doing the research. "Apparently" you can "build" a precision shooting AR for less money Of course that's if you're intimately familiar with every available aftermarket spring, pin, carrier, etc., etc., what they're made of, why it's "better," how it fits & functions, ... ad nauseam ... like some of our crossbow buddies around here ... LOL Well, that's all well and good if you know AR's like Pinshooter knows ordering crossbows, or Mainstreet knows pizza, or Moon know recurves & optics, ... but I don't really know a lot about the AR platform. (If it's true to begin with. Forums tend to have a good helping of know-it-all's and embellishers ...LOL) The forum gurus will list ten different sources for ten different components like you're building a hot-rod car or bike. Me? ... my days of building Frankenstein monsters is over. If I want to go 200mph I'm not buying a kit car and building everything from the engine to rear differential & suspension ... I'm going to bite the bullet, pay the penalty for ignorance and/or laziness, and buy a Z06 Corvette or Viper. It's a labyrinth of confusion nailing down the AR rifle with the best precision. There are dozens of AR gun makers out there. Mining information off customer reviews and forums is daunting. I backed away from the research a few times because I thought my head was going to burst. I emailed and called some of these builder directly. LaRue, Rock River Arms, Noveske, Stag Arms, Kreiger ... every time I thought I had my choice, something popped up that tossed out my decision. Les Baer is stupid expensive, but it's a guaranteed 1/2 MOA rifle. (they send two 5 shot group targets taken with your rifle) Nobody had anything bad to say about them other than price.

When I went to my favorite 75 year old gun shop to get their FFL number to order over the Internet, they said they'd order it for me for the same price. I think they wanted to strengthen their relationship with Les Baer. That's fine with me; saved me a lot of aggravation & helped them. Pete, the old timer I dealt with, is a handgun aficionado and spoke very highly of Les Baer 1911's. The other two guys behind the counter also praised the builder saying the workmanship and tolerances are world class. They're not making anything on the firearm, so there was no reason to blow smoke up my butt. They verbally confirmed pretty much what my research kept coming back to. They have one customer who ordered a 1911 in 9mm who is into a two year wait!... LOL

Anyway ... this sort of long waiting deal probably wouldn't work for you .. LOL (or ... maybe it's exactly what you need. ONE purchase & a long period of anticipation?<wink>) You have that buyer euphoria, endorphins and dopamine roller coaster thing going on. I've waited two years to buy, and apparently will wait the better part of another year to receive. I guess we all like to buy stuff though.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr RamCats, & Firenocks. Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

Thats a nice looking AR! Believe it or not I waited 6 months patiently for my TC pro hunter but that was right before TC became S&W So I can wait on a gun but bows......na thats too much time for the latest thing to come out and change my mind :-) Thats why I buy 99.99% of my bows from Wyvern....there is no wait time to mull things over....he has it all so I have to mull it over before hand....his 401k should be in great shape thanks to me LOL
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

I ended up having a AR upper built with a shilen barrel. It's worthy of carrying hunting and shooting off a bench. With my reloads but I haven't bought a box is shells since the late 80's except .22 or .17.
    Another want but a want I use.

It's got a different scope now. A 30 year old leupold 4.5x14x 50 vx111 and rings . Me and that scope have seen it all

The Barnes tac-x 62gr are deer killers. If your barrel has the right twist. I guess the old saying start with the broad head and work your way back to the bow. Holds water with rifles gotta have the right twist to shoot the bullets you want. Or your slick treed right off the bat.
    Just a down to earth Bowhunter.

Another good looking gun RT!
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

Thanks Pin, I wanted one for yote hunting for years. Finally said I'm getting it when I found shilen made a barrel I wanted.

By the way both front shoulders were rags. That's the exit hole in the pic. The Doe jumped up landed on it's chest and plowed for 30 yds if I remember.

Thats a tasty looking yote you killed there LOL
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

Lol yes it was. The AR hasn't found a yote yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rt2bowhunter View Post
    I ended up having a AR upper built with a shilen barrel. It's worthy of carrying hunting and shooting off a bench. With my reloads but I haven't bought a box is shells since the late 80's except .22 or .17.
    Another want but a want I use.

It's got a different scope now. A 30 year old leupold 4.5x14x 50 vx111 and rings . Me and that scope have seen it all

The Barnes tac-x 62gr are deer killers. If your barrel has the right twist. I guess the old saying start with the broad head and work your way back to the bow. Holds water with rifles gotta have the right twist to shoot the bullets you want. Or your slick treed right off the bat.
    Ordered a 20" barrel, 1-9 twist ... We use mostly 55gr bullets through 1-9" twist heavy barrels but occasionally use some stuff that's a bit more dense. My Remington 700 BDL Varmintmaster in .22-250 is superb with 52 to 55gr bullets and that's running a 1-9 twist too, if I recall correctly. So the 1-9 should service 52-55 for our normal instant kill/anchor shots and up to 75gr bullets if I ever want to use it for normal deer hunting with vitals shots.
    IMG_0298Small.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast