Question for you High Country owners

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Romeo, Mi
    Posts
    285

    Question for you High Country owners

    Was just on the HC website (been a looong time). I see the new speed bow has an IBO rating up to 355, any one have one and tested - just wondering if it gets close to IBO in the real world. I am curious what this bow would get at 80 lbs with a 29 inch draw and a 400 grain arrow?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    595
    Mine at 29", ~72#, with a 324g arrow averaged 333fps...a 290g arrow, 349fps...and a 236g Speed Pro 5.5 it averaged 373fps. I shot 5 arrows and averaged their velocity using an F1 Chrony.
    High Country Archery
    '14 X-treme / '14 Axis / '09 Speed Pro / '08 Carbon Stilleto / '06 Carbon Sidewinder / '01 Carbon 4-Runner

  4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Romeo, Mi
    Posts
    285
    Anymore?

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Saint Helens, OR
    Posts
    267
    my speed pro X10 at 60# 30dl 304 gr arrow 322 with a carbon express 150 289gr 342.5

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    "Granite State"
    Posts
    3,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmbhngr View Post
    Mine at 29", ~72#, with a 324g arrow averaged 333fps...a 290g arrow, 349fps...and a 236g Speed Pro 5.5 it averaged 373fps. I shot 5 arrows and averaged their velocity using an F1 Chrony.
    Kind of curious as to how you can expect to shoot light arrows like that and not end up with durability issues. Also, how about sound? (Aren't the bows noticeably louder when shooting light arrows like this?)
    --------------------------------
    "RoadTrips" Tree Saddle/Guido's Web, Muddy Sticks & Petzl Aiders?..... "A Killer Combo!"
    First bow had a weak/defective riser, KABOOM! ~ I broke the first limb, dealer broke the replacement.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    I-OWN-YA,MI
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenLimbs View Post
    Kind of curious as to how you can expect to shoot light arrows like that and not end up with durability issues. Also, how about sound? (Aren't the bows noticeably louder when shooting light arrows like this?)
    HCA is warrantied to 3gpp. I also have some speedpro 5.5's and shooting them next to my Beman ICS 340's, there is no noticable sound differences. But that arrow SCREAMS! Much flatter trajectory.
    '09 HCA Speed Pro
    '14 HCA Axis

    High Country Archery-the fastest bows under warranty

  9. #7
    my xtreme is 72 pounds 28 inch draw victory arrows 343 grains shooting 347 and with speed pro arrows i hit 389 and no notice in sound difference

  10. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nicholasville, Ky
    Posts
    13
    I owned the xtreme and added some speed nocks and custom strings, 29 inch draw little over 70 pounds 236 grain arrow. chronoed at 410.9! check out the video on youtube, take in account I was in my garage with the door closed so it magnifies the sound. Im sure ill have people bash me over shooting such a light arrow. But remember High country warranties down to 3 gpi, also my kinetic energy was around 88 fp! that's equaled to 286 mph.

  11. #9

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by hcaky4life View Post
    I owned the xtreme and added some speed nocks and custom strings, 29 inch draw little over 70 pounds 236 grain arrow. chronoed at 410.9! check out the video on youtube, take in account I was in my garage with the door closed so it magnifies the sound. Im sure ill have people bash me over shooting such a light arrow. But remember High country warranties down to 3 gpi, also my kinetic energy was around 88 fp! that's equaled to 286 mph.
    At 410 fps a deer would have trouble jumping the string even if it heard your bow firing.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    I-OWN-YA,MI
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by z_mattman View Post
    At 410 fps a deer would have trouble jumping the string even if it heard your bow firing.
    Honestly, walnuts falling from a tree and hitting the ground are louder than my Axis. They won't even pay attention if they don't catch you moving.
    '09 HCA Speed Pro
    '14 HCA Axis

    High Country Archery-the fastest bows under warranty

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    23
    I have the 2016 Axis and I will chrono it soon as i get my 5.5 sped pro arrows setup. also from what I seen of my Axis I am not afraid to try the light arrow setup because it is great quality and to be honest better than I have seen on other bows.

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    janesville CA
    Posts
    121
    I own a lot of bows and High Country are the most durable bows I own by a long shot.

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    janesville CA
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by timothymattson View Post
    Anymore?

    I shoot a 450 grain arrow with a 28 inch DL and get 313 fps

  16. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    3,432
    Crazy speed!

    Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    2007 MARTIN BENGAL
    Buck Fever Synthetics
    Primos Proof One Cam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •