a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Back tension release

I am a small framed person looking to switch to a back tension. Any advice our suggestions would be welcome.

You should go to the Coaches corner and have Pagett help you.
    He has some solid advise for first timers.
    I use a Sweet Spot II because it has a trigger safety. I chose 4 finger

If you aren't careful with a hinge without a safety...you WILL punch yourself in the mouth, bleed like heck and get a fat lip until you get the hang of it.
    I sat in the back yard, 6 feet from the bale, closing my eyes and got the feeling for it.

You'll need to practice with it for a couple months BEFORE trying to shoot at a target if you want to really get it.
    However..I saw a HUGE improvement in my scores. That's the truth.

They work but if you are impatient...I don't recommend one.

That's why I love the Sweet Spot II. You will not punch yourself using one. Pagett will help you tune it and send you documentation so after you get the hang of it, you can pick "The Firing Engine" that best fits your style.

http://www.truball.com/SweetSpot.html
    `````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````` ````````````````
    Human life has become cheap in our "enlightened" society. Liberalism has taught these kids that there's no difference in killing a one-year-old in a stroller and killing a ten WEEK old baby in the womb! These killers are not human - they are demons spawned in the cesspool of Progressive ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by threetoe View Post
    You should go to the Coaches corner and have Pagett help you.
    He has some solid advise for first timers.
    I use a Sweet Spot II because it has a trigger safety. I chose 4 finger

If you aren't careful with a hinge without a safety...you WILL punch yourself in the mouth, bleed like heck and get a fat lip until you get the hang of it.
    I sat in the back yard, 6 feet from the bale, closing my eyes and got the feeling for it.

You'll need to practice with it for a couple months BEFORE trying to shoot at a target if you want to really get it.
    However..I saw a HUGE improvement in my scores. That's the truth.

They work but if you are impatient...I don't recommend one.

That's why I love the Sweet Spot II. You will not punch yourself using one. Pagett will help you tune it and send you documentation so after you get the hang of it, you can pick "The Firing Engine" that best fits your style.

http://www.truball.com/SweetSpot.html
    ^This guy knows what he is talking about!
    T.R.U. Ball Archery/AXCEL Sight Marketing Representative
    Have a question? Shoot me a PM or send an email!

Ellgasskd@truball.com

My 12 yr old daughter loves her Scott Mini black hole.

Tru ball's HT baby back tension release. Great for small hands!

Thank you all for the advice! I am headed to coaches corner & Jonell, the HT baby back tension is one I was seriously considering, how is it to hunt with?

I haven't hunted with it. I use it for 3d.
    LH Mathews Heli-m, 26" 53lb, GoldTip 3555, AAE pro drop rest, Axcel sight, Dead Center stablizer, T.R.U. Ball Baby HT release.
    LH Mathews MR6 26" 51lbs, CXL Pro 150s, AAE Pro drop rest, CBE sight, Dead Center stabilizer, T.R.U. Ball Outlaw Release

I started with the Sweet Spot and found that I could "cheat" it and make it go off even though I wasn't using proper back tension.

I switched to the Stan Element because it is set to your holding weight and you must use proper back tension to make it fire, Oh, and it also comes with a safety.

The Original Bling Sling. www.hnsarchery.com
    I make the Bling Sling
    NASP "Homeschool Team" Leader
    Level 3-NTS Coach, USA Archery