a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Is there a way to see new posts in the Crossbow forum?

Is there a way to see new posts in the Crossbow forum?

I check the forum often. I read more than I post. I see where I can check new posts for the whole web site, but is there a way to just see the new posts since my last visit just in the Crossbow forums? Thanks for any help you can provide.

You can subscribe to the crossbow forum. So you'll get alerted when there's a new post. That's what I do.
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Crossbow - TBD

Thanks for your continued help Clint - much appreciated.

Is there a way to see new posts in the Crossbow forum?

I know very little about archery.....so I try to help out on here any way I can
    Last edited by ClintRhodes; July 13th, 2014 at 08:26 PM. Reason: wrong word
    Xpedition Xcentric | Athens Exceed 300 | Trinity Archery Field Staff | Crossbow - TBD

Quote Originally Posted by ClintRhodes View Post
    And you do !
    TenPoint Phantom, Black Eagle Executioners
    NAP 100gn. Nitron Broadheads
    Burris, Leupold Optics, XB30
    Black Widow Deer Lures Pro Staff
    NRA Life Member, Molon Labe, Bravo Zulu Team VI

Go up to "forum actions", click it, and then "mark forums read".
    Jack ><>
    Middleton DTM 375 SS
    Man Kung 300fps Frankenbow, MK-150A3B + AMS forcefeed fisher
    Jack Pine Trigger Trap
    Jack Pine Brush Hog & Death Dart Arrows
    Jack Pine Bionic Bowstrings, the Rembrandt of crossbow strings

Quote Originally Posted by ClintRhodes View Post
    And a modest man too - wow. Anyone who has hung around on this site for a number of years and has whose post count is approaching 4000 knows more than you are giving yourself credit for my friend. Like I said, thanks for your continued help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pine View Post
    Go up to "forum actions", click it, and then "mark forums read".
    Jack ><>
    Jack, what will that do if I do just that? I took it as if I checked that button it said that I read everything on the forum so far. Then next time that I come to the forums what happens? Or how do I get to the new content? Sorry that I am slow this morning, I haven't even had my first cup of coffee yet. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Here is a screenshot showing where you go to subscribe to a forum. Obviously your menu will have an option that says "subscribe" instead of "unsubscribe".

subscribe_screenshot.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Clay34 View Post
    Jack, what will that do if I do just that? I took it as if I checked that button it said that I read everything on the forum so far. Then next time that I come to the forums what happens? Or how do I get to the new content? Sorry that I am slow this morning, I haven't even had my first cup of coffee yet. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.
    Clicking that when you leave shows that you read everything you wanted to see at that session. When you come back, only the new posts are highlighted and show bold print.
    Jack ><>
    Middleton DTM 375 SS
    Man Kung 300fps Frankenbow, MK-150A3B + AMS forcefeed fisher
    Jack Pine Trigger Trap
    Jack Pine Brush Hog & Death Dart Arrows
    Jack Pine Bionic Bowstrings, the Rembrandt of crossbow strings

Click on the blue dot to the left of the post title, and it will take you to the new posts. As long as you are logged in, that is.

If you hover your pointer over the blue dot, it will say "go to first new post".
    U.S.A.F. Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Thanks for the help everyone.

Clint, after I subscribe, how do I see the new content. I subscribed to each of the subforums. You can't just subscribe to Crossbow Talk, my options were to subscribe to General discussion etc. I did that but have no clue as to how to see the stuff now.

I also see what you are talking about Jack - thanks for spoon feeding this old guy.

Clay it's been so long since I set it up, I can't remember off the top of my head.

I believe there's a way thru your control panel to see new posts.

I'm on my phone right now. As soon as I get in front of a PC I'll do some digging and hopefully get a screenshot for ya.

Thanks for the hint Clint. That was it! I just went to my control pannel and there it was. Cool beans. Jack's tip on the bold type for the new posts was a good one too. Every chat room is so much different and I haven't been active here in a while. Thanks again fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay34 View Post
    Thanks for the hint Clint. That was it! I just went to my control pannel and there it was. Cool beans. Jack's tip on the bold type for the new posts was a good one too. Every chat room is so much different and I haven't been active here in a while. Thanks again fellas.
    Yeah I think to get exactly what you want you have to use Jack's tip. Also....when you subscribe to a forum or thread, you have the option to get email notifications. This may give you an email listing new threads.

I use tapatalk via my iphone. It has a handy feature where I get an alert instantly on my phone anytime someone posts a new thread, or someone posts in one of my subscribed threads.

My wife always says..."what that, your tapatalk?"