Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you ever..

Do you ever..

Do you ever get a feeling like your scared when walking in at dark in the morning or walking out at night or while sitting in the stand?
    50% of Something is better then 100% of nothing.
    Mattews chill with HHA sight with drop away rest.

Not really Ive gotten a little jumpy but not scared!
    2013 MATHEWS CREED
    2013 BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT
    2014 PSE FULLTHROTTLE

Ive had the crap scared outta me several times by busting deer out and they blow lol. Some stands I walk to I don't use a light.
    Carbon Spyder 34 Blackout 30" 70#/ Spot Hogg Hogg it/ Hamskea Versa Rest Micro/ Doinker 12" front 10" Unity/ Stan Just X 3 finger/ Rage Cage Quiver

Psalms 144: Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight

I don't identify that as fear, I identify it as a heightened sense of awareness. I'm never apprehensive or scared, but I am more alert because one of my senses is dulled (sight). Definitely wouldn't call it being scared, I hear a leaf rustle and imagine it's got 4 legs and a white flag on its rump, and I get excited.
    I will devote myself, sincerely and without holding back, to demolishing my opinions. - Descartes

Quote Originally Posted by huntforfood703 View Post
    Ive had the crap scared outta me several times by busting deer out and they blow lol. Some stands I walk to I don't use a light.
    That does scare the crap out of you, kinda like almost stepping on a pheasant or grouse.
    I will devote myself, sincerely and without holding back, to demolishing my opinions. - Descartes

almost stepping on a grouse in the dark

nothing quite says adrenaline rush like that does LOL
    PSE REVENGE

ALL HAIL THE DAVE OF WYVERN

Naaah.... At this point in my life the only thing that really spook me much are snakes and Barack Obama...
    Since I usually don't start hunting until the last week of October, I figure I won't see either of these species of snake in my area...lol !

Mathews, Sword, QAD, Ktech, Easton, Carter

A couple years ago I took a bud of mind with me on a eve. hunt. He was down the mountain a little below me 2 or 300 feet. I am on the ground taking my stand off the tree when my phone rangs. I seen a sow with 3 cubs coming your way!!!!! I was a little noisey coming down that hill to say the least. just did not want to get beteen them.

Quote Originally Posted by 6bloodychunks View Post

Agreed !!!
    Living like Christ is impossible for Man,
    Living as a Disciple,,, I can do that

I got the crap scared out of me about three years ago. There was no moon and it was so dark you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. I was walking across a bean field and a deer about 20 yards away starts blowing at me. I waited and got my composure and started walking again and she blew at me again and scared me for a second time. I then heard her run away. I must have startled her and she wasn't 100% sure what I was. I have also bumped deer that blew at me and had birds fly out near me and give me a heart attack.
    Airborne Archery LLC, Authorized Obsession Dealer, Authorized Athens Archery DealerAuthorized Diamond, Styker & Octane Dealer
    2014 Obsession Phoenix, Spot Hogg Hogg-It, QAD HDX, Tight Spot Quiver
    2014 Obsession Evolution, Athens Testament, Spott Hogg Hogg It, QAD HDX, Tight Spot Quiver

I have been startled a few times by rooster turkey or blowing deer but thats it. I'm actually more at peace in the woods in the dark than anywhere else. Send me to a big city then I'm scared. Lol

honestly, no.
    ~ GOD, Family, Country ~
    Hoyt CRX32

Nope....thats what the .357 is for.....
    Liberalism is a mental disorder

One property I hunt I was getting blown at from deer in the beans every morning. So I eventually found myself anticipating it......so not scared but anxious.......often I would have a deer inside 20 yds blow at me. Startles the crap out of you initially.

I would use the word startled, then immediately after ready to kick some ass lol !
    It is what it is or is it ?

I like what one of the posts said above. A heightened sense of awareness. I have been startled in the dark.

You bet.
    At least once every year.
    I've kicked up deer more times than I can count, but also had a screech owl make my neck hairs stand up, and nothing will get your attention like a red fox screaming while you are walking in.
    LONESOME ELK ARCHERY TERRE HAUTE IN.
    Look Well to the East

I love that feeling. It's quite the rush for me sneaking through the pitch black. I'll admit that I've almost had to change my shorts while jumping up grouse a couple feet away when walking in. Haha, it's all part of the excitement of hunting.

There is nothing like the feeling of sitting in your stand in the pitch black after you get settle in. Anticipation!

Are we going to discuss our favorite color next. Man up sissy.
    “When a hunter is in a tree stand with high morale values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God”
    Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by DeathF.above View Post
    There is nothing like the feeling of sitting in your stand in the pitch black after you get settle in. Anticipation!
    Absolutely !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 6bloodychunks View Post

Yes! Several times by grouse. The trouble with them is they wait until you almost step on them before they flush so it will almost make you jump out of your skin when they go up. Other than that I haven't been scared walking in or coming out even with bears in the area.

Do you ever..

One place I hunt has a small barn that has a dim light pole shining on it. I always prepare for the chainsaw massacre to run out of it... I feel like my brain thinks of the scariest stuff when I'm alone in the dark haha.
    Last edited by LadyBowhunter12; July 14th, 2014 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Added something

Quote Originally Posted by Viper69 View Post
    I have been startled a few times by rooster turkey or blowing deer but thats it. I'm actually more at peace in the woods in the dark than anywhere else. Send me to a big city then I'm scared. Lol
    Same here!
    14 FAKTOR 34 - 12 ALPHA ELITE - 11 ALPHABURNER -
    04 FRANKEN-TEC

Quote Originally Posted by useyourbow View Post
    Are we going to discuss our favorite color next. Man up sissy.
    I like both purple and green....LOL

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast