Archery Talk Forum banner

Hoyt to Bowtech???

923 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Bill 2311 
#1 ·
Anyone here an ex-hoyt guy that switched from hoyt to Bowtech??? I just shot the Experience and loved it. I currently am shooting a Faktor Turbo. Now am debating to switching over!!!!

#4 ·
Bowtech has been putting out new great tech for years and Hoyt has just been coasting........... Hoyt's "new" z5 cams are not any different from the xtr cam on the 2009 alphamax

#7 ·
^ Overdrive cams are more tuneable. But I think they are different in general. Got both mine shooting bare shafts great. My insainty was a speed demon but hoyts are a lot smoother to draw. I really like the hoyt grips as well. Just depends what your looking for in a bow.

#8 ·
Totally agree with the Hoyt grips they are fantastic. Had the Alphamax and A Spyder along with about 5 other Hoyts and still love my Protec and Ultratec for spots bows. As far as hunting or 3D I like the Experience way better than the Spyder and so much easier to tune the overdrive binaries. Its funny the grips are one of the reasons I will never shoot a Mathews. just can't get past those blocky grips although they have got a little better over the last couple years

#10 ·
I shot Hoyts for over 20 years. Many different bows. Went to Bowtechs a couple of years ago for the Binary cams. Yoke tuning is really nice, but cannot be done on the Hoyts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.