a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NY911 Food Plot Adventure

Looks good. I love the clover plots.

Got to work today while the kids were at summer camp on plot 2..."The Kansas Stand".

It was mowed tight the other day, so I went in with Roundupand sprayed it down.

PSE Archery * Trophy Ridge * Rocket Aeroheads * Vortex Optics * The Buck Bomb * Under Armour * John's Custom Strings * DLC Covert Cameras

This plot will be larger than the other and be more brassica than clover, but still a mix of both. I'll go in with the disc next week and plant.

PSE Archery * Trophy Ridge * Rocket Aeroheads * Vortex Optics * The Buck Bomb * Under Armour * John's Custom Strings * DLC Covert Cameras

As you can see the "Kansas Stand" is right on the edge of the north side of the plot. I have to take back an overgrown trail that leads to the tree before deer season for access.

And it shows the standing water that is typical in wet summers on this property.

I have been waiting for YEARS for this tree to get big enough for a stand. This year, i will habg one for sure there...Deer use a very heavy trail near it from the swamp to the field, which is out of bow range of the other stand on this plot. 2 stands may be alot for such a small area, but this will give me more options for varying wind directions.

Also - it should be a slam dunk shot, being it is 20 yards fronm tree to feild edge, and 40 yards from tree to far edge of the plot.

The grass outside of the plot will be allowed to grow for bedding/cover, but I mow access paths to both plots and they are worn to bare dirt already...

In for updates. Really like what you've done so far! Good luck
    CRACKERIZED MONSTER MR6
    VAP V1 300 w/ FOBs @ 490 grains
    GT Velocity Pro 300 w/ 2" Blazers @ 392 grains
    Grim Reaper Razortip WTS, Rage Hypos, and QAD Exodus Swept
    29"DL/73# @ 300FPS....98KE....15%FOC (VAPs)

Thanks!

Honestly, it's been so much fun, I really wish I had been able to start this years ago...we already have plans for larger plots next year.

I am really glad I planted these though for the deer, because we have a coyote problem this year...a momma yote has a litter of FIVE pups and they are all over this property. I have Covert pics of all of them in one shot..hundreds of pics all hours of the day....dead fawn remnants....killing these *******s is priority 1
    Attached Images Attached Images

THIS sucks!

This sucks too. Blew the exhaust of the ATV tonight trying to disc up plot 2. The disc is just too much for a Polaris 330.

Or even a 500 honda .i ended up buying a 1953 farmall tractor ,this thing does a great job.4wheeler will work but man the disk have worn out my 4wheeler in short order .
    Quote Originally Posted by NY911 View Post

This sucks too. Blew the exhaust of the ATV tonight trying to disc up plot 2. The disc is just too much for a Polaris 330.
    ONE PIN IS ALL YOU NEED, IF you have warp speed. MEMBER OF TEAM OVERKILL .Shooting super warp speed bows built by Breathn .............................. ....Heavy draw weight ,franken head shooting deer slayer........................ ...Moderation is for cowards ."..............Team 4. IN 4 THE WIN

Yeah, I am at a standstill for right now...the buddy who owns the disc will be helping me out, and I am going to help him with his. We are going to video it, so that will be cool.

My other clover plot is spotty...some parts it is lush as crap, others, still bare....

ttt
    ONE PIN IS ALL YOU NEED, IF you have warp speed. MEMBER OF TEAM OVERKILL .Shooting super warp speed bows built by Breathn .............................. ....Heavy draw weight ,franken head shooting deer slayer........................ ...Moderation is for cowards ."..............Team 4. IN 4 THE WIN

Friday we got the second plot disced and planted. Can't wait for deer season now!

Close to NYC but far enough away to Hunt!!!
    Watching and learning !
    2012 Maitland Halo 28/60
    2012 Bowtech Insanity APG

Got any current pics of your plots?
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2092357

Quote Originally Posted by 0nepin View Post
    My only goal for this years contest . Don't get beat by a bunch of quiver sniffers

I would put at least 500 pounds of pelletized lime on your clover patch asap or it won't grow and it will die off. Lime now and then reseed next spring about the last frost and next year it will take off. Spray it with Butyrac 200 to kill the broadleaf weeds and Clethodim to kill the grass after it is established. Mow it tall a couple times a year before the weeds go to seed and to keep it lush. I just sprayed 3 plots tonight that I planted last year. I have six plots all together consisting of corn, beans, clover and chicory. Very rewarding indeed!

The first plot, the clover, is patchy. It didn't take off in the shady part of the circle. The part in my shooting lane came in good.

I am in the midst of a total roof ripoff and emergency repair at home and it has taken all of my $$$$. Three layers of old shingles. Some rotted decking. No help. Therefore no lime will go down this year.

Next spring I will be taking time to lay it all down by the book as well as make te plots bigger. This year has been so wet we were limited by soil that was too muddy to disc.

I helped my buddy with his te other day;

Clover is sprouting in the "Kansas Stand Plot". Got a shooter on camera. Come on October!

And the first plot is doing very well too. Lots of deer sign. Lots of Covert pics. I'll post some tomorrow.

And I keep the access path mowed and the critters use the heck out of it.

As we were leaving today.....and getting more now.

Mowed the property today so i checked the plot - VERY dry...we need a good rainfall.

sOME....

Quote Originally Posted by NY911 View Post
    sOME....
    mORE.......This guy I NEED to get a better pic of - he is #1 on the hit list from what i see here...velvet IR pics suck as I feel the antlers soak up the light...I am eager to get some hard horn pics.

Plot 1 is doing very well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast