Thread: Barnett Ghost 360, whats your thoughts?

Barnett Ghost 360, whats your thoughts?

Looking at buying my first xbox due to shoulder issues. Looking at the ghost 360 or a excalibur haven't decided. Any current owners out there have feed back on the ghost 360?

This forum amazes me. Nobody answers any question. Check out my question about the cable slide on a Ghost 350. No comments, that tells me there aren't any Barnett users looking at this board. Not sure if that is good or bad. Good.... nobody is having any trouble. Bad....... nobody cares. By the way, according to Jesse at Barnett, it makes no difference which side the cables cross on, just get the top cable in the deeper slot.

lol guess your right. So do you like your Ghost 350?

I am in the same boat, not able to break a long bow, age! The Ghost 350 was a way into archery hunting for < $500. I hate to say we have not shot it yet. I still have to install the crank cocker. I was waiting for anybody to answer my question and Jesse at Barnett did. I am happy with the way everything was packed and the way it went together. The scope is cheap Chinese, so I don't expect the optics or durability, waterproof etc. to be much, however we are talking minute of deer at 40 yards. Still don't understand the business about the strings crossing anywhere but directly under the flight deck, but will take Barnett's word for it being OK. I think it is a lot of bang for the buck.

Does the 360 use the plastic cable slide? I think Barnett is one of the "big guns" in the crossbow business and uses deep discounts, therefore the small shop guys are probably not happy with them. Have you looked into how to change the cables, sounds as if they may be one of the main "weak links". Just the way a crossbow works, the cables take a beating.

Bill
    Last edited by bsekf; July 16th, 2014 at 09:39 AM. Reason: spelling error

Just bought the 360. Have about 40 shots on it. So far its been perfect no problems and once zeroed in you need to shoot at different spots on your target, I had to buy more arrows,also my target let's the arrow go in too far and is wrecking my fleching!

Hi brantwalton , I am new to this site first day, I have the ghost 350 will be my third deer season with it have three bucks and four does to its credit and have not had any issues with it am getting ready to change cables and string because they are original with over800 shots so doing for preventative maintance, the scope is original one that came with it haven't had any issues with it thought I would because it seems cheap but it hasn't failed me yet. I have switched to xbow because of two shoulder surgery's myself and going in for a third surgery soon so having the crank cocker on this bow is a life saver if it wasn't for this I couldn't cock bow with a rope cocker and wouldn't be hunting. The ghost 360 is same thing as 350 just the 360 hits and shoots a little faster you will be happy with it . happy hunting

My buddy just bought a Ghost 360, it seems pretty light and easy to handle. We were putting the arrows in the same hole at 30 yards and 1" groups at 40.

bsekf... I put the Xbow together, the manual said the cable slide was pre installed, but there was no cable slide just a plastic surface under the rail. Is the cable slide missing?

Bought a Ghost 360 a couple of weeks ago, the thing is awsome!!!!!!!!!! light weight, not heavy on the front end and pretty quite for a crossbow. The only problem I've had was that I left the luminated scope on and have to get a new basttery for it. Like the post above says it will drive nails at 30 yards and at 40 I have to hold the scope dot a hair high but it puts them right there together.