Today I made a new set of strings for my Alien. I did this for a couple of reasons. The main reason is one of my preliminary designs for a cable slide chewed up my cables. The second reason was I wanted so of my draw weight back. While I was at it I decided to fatten up the cables to decrease noise and increase stability. I made the cables first and installed them. They are made from 32 strands of Fury. Twenty eight is the minimum and 32 the maximum. I also made them .25" shorter than the originals. The difference was amazing. The bow was quieter and faster. It also seemed more dead in my hand on the shot. Next I made a new string because, well they didn't match. For the string I stayed with my tried and true 28 strands. I did use a very thin serving where the string stop hits to save weight.
The string and the cables were done with 6 strands of black and the remainder is orange. This makes for an interesting striping.
I was not sure I could improve on how my Alien was shooting but I did. It feels smoother and is faster at the same time. The cable slide in the pics is a custom version I made. Since I made the rod a smaller diameter I also machined a new slide and I am very happy with this version. The cloth tape is just there ot cover the gloss of the resin I used.