Thread: Tuning and Rest Questions

Tuning and Rest Questions

I've got an old Stealth that was converted to a BE by CP back in 2000 with a Bodoodle Pro lite rest. I recently switched to GT Kinetic Pro 300 arrows w/1.5" Blazer vanes. All was good till I put a few through paper. It seems that the vane is contacting the shelf causing the arrow to kick up. I've tried closing the fins and increasing the spring tension but the vane is still hitting the shelf. I'm wondering if rotating the arrow 180 degrees will help or should I be looking for another height adjustable rest to fix this problem.

Couldn't find a position for the arrow that doesn't hit something. Looks like I need a new rest that I can adjust up/down. I've heard good things about people putting the Vapor Trail Pro V on their Oneidas. Anybody already have this setup on their bow?

Years back this rest was popular with some Oneida owners. I have not use this rest so I cannot give any suggestions. I heard the BoDoodle Game Dropper was decent as was the Bullet rest but they are not as popular today since they changed hands a couple of times now... Never had an issue with the Bullet but again not use this specific Rest!!!

And seems Oneida is not a popular as they were...

LFM

I have the Limb Driver Pro on both of my Black Eagles. I had the exact same question, so here is the link with some pics.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2253432

Once you get yours on and working, post some pics, I'd like to see how you mount yours.
    Oneida Black Eagle
    Oneida LFM
    Oneida Stealth
    High Country X-10

Nice. Thanks for that. It might be a while before I get it set up.

It sounds like an arrow problem not a rest problem....

It's a vane problem. I never saw anything to indicate that the feathers on my old GT XT hunters were contacting the shelf at all, but the Blazer vane on these Kinetics is. The bow and everything on it are almost 15 years old so I guess it's time to upgrade.

With a proper spine you won't hit the shelf with feathers or vanes, paradox being what it is and all. I will say that you can hit the shelf with feathers all day long and never know it because they just don't get damaged like vanes do that way. Color the edges of the feathers with a grease pencil and see if it leaves a mark on the shelf.

I have had great luck with a NAP Quicktune 3000 if you are looking for a simple/solid rest to upgrade to. I have a timberdoodle and never did care much for it on my Black Eagle. I have been shooting GT XT Hunter 7595 with 125 grain heads and Gateway Rayzr 2" feathers this Summer from my Black Eagle ESC. Excellent broadhead flight with this combo.

Oneida Black Eagle ESC 65lbs/28DL, Steelforce Phathead 125

2009-2010 ArcheryTalk Deer Contest Champion team"The Autumn Assassins"
    2010-2011 ArcheryTalk Deer Contest Champion team "The Ridgetop Warriors"

Just put a TT Smackdown on it. Going to the range tomorrow.

Zero problems so far. Lower limb works great. Looking to paper tune soon.

When you got it working, please post some pics. Love to see how others set up drop away rests to their Oneidas.
    Oneida Black Eagle
    Oneida LFM
    Oneida Stealth
    High Country X-10

Will do. I just wrapped the string around twice with a slip knot and both cord locators on the top of the power limb like the TT installation video shows.

Love my Stealths with Stalkmaster rests too bad they don't make them anymore still have a couple in use