Archery Talk Forum banner

Well, my Destroyer is destroyed lol

6K views 78 replies 32 participants last post by  sawtoothscream 
#1 ·
So I had a local shop guy (who does really killer work) tune my D350 yesterday, because i didnt have time...he timed it and tuned it just perfect, put it through paper a few times...life is good right? A perfect tune...til this morning when i opened the case and discovered that sometime during the night my like new destroyer had destroyed itself!!! Here are the pix.

See less See more
#15 ·
Im really wanting to know more about this $250 upgrade thing...maybe itll be cheaper seeing how i have had this bow less than a month...have two of them now, one blew up...starting to think the limbs they put on these models are flawed from go...i dunno, an overdrive would be nice too :-D

#25 · (Edited)
I feel bowtech might send me a Carbon Overdrive...ya know? If i spend 250 on it tho, i would actually come out behind...like i said, i bought the D350 last month...that plus 250 = more than $949 that they go for locally... I'm not paying $250 to upgrade a bow that I've had less than a month when it would have been cheaper just to buy the carbon overdrive in the beginning

#26 ·
I would tell them I want a overdrive for free or this will be the last bowtech I own I mean you only had it a month they need to make it rite with you!

#28 ·
Thats not gunna work, as if it isnt bad enough that my month old destroyer blew up, i have an assassin waiting on cam bushings, and a bowtech atomic thats waiting on cams and nylon bushings (nasty loose)...so i have 3 of their bows all went down in the last 4 days... Shoulda not traded my back up! LoL

#31 ·
My warranty book says bowtech has the right to replace you bow if it cannot be repaired, with one of equal or greater value! Says nothing about $250. Anyone know for certain about this? I have a cpx that isn't being produced anymore and if something happens to mine I may need the warranty.

#42 ·
That's very unfortunate man but it could have been much worse. Had it happened while you were shooting it could have been pretty ugly. I have seen pictures of a few D350's that have had limbs that buckled right in front of the limb pocket pivots. I'm not sure why though? That's right where the limbs flex during the draw/shot cycle and I suppose it could happen if someone pressed the bow too far past just slacking the harness.

Regardless of how and why, Bowtech will take care of you. Your dealer should be able to get you new limbs, but if not you should be able to get a "warranty upgrade" towards a new bow (only applies to original owner) I believe they do a Carbon Knight or Carbon Overdrive straight up, or an RPM or Experience for $250.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.