Thread: On the subject of mod effects

Thumbs down On the subject of mod effects

So since dua la pa brought up a great point about mod selection I'd thought I'd share my numbers on mod changes. You results may vary of course.

First off my bow is not stock. I did a cam swap so my specs vary from factory. Ok archery ships bow to your exact specs that you ask for unlike most companies.

When I swapped cams I didn't have proper mods I needed a 27 3/4 draw length with med cams and I only had # 5 mods. So after twisting here were my specs for that setup

A to A.... 36 3/4"
    Shortest slot on mod position
    Draw length true 26 amo 27 3/4
    Draw weight 64#
    Holding weight 23ish pounds(my scale sucks)

So mod swap. First off I am a big fan of shooting cams on the long slots to get maximum rotation. Others may do different. These are my specs with just changing mods to a #3 no other changes yet

Med cam longest slot #3 mod
    A to A 36 3/4
    Draw length 26 1/4 amo 28 (where it should be if in spec to chart)
    70# draw weight 22# holding weight(weight should be higher since I swapped cams)

Next to put in my specs. My cables were over twisted so this was easy
    I took exactly 10 twists out of each cable and checked timing and lean and adjusted as needed

A to A 37 1/8"
    Draw length true 26 amo 27 3/4"
    Draw weight 62# holding weight 20-21#.

Still got to mull it over. I like a heavier holding weight so I may swap for 60% mods. But it's cool to see how things change depending on mods and mod position

" First off I am a big fan of shooting cams on the long slots to get maximum rotation. "

Hmmmmmm , scratching head thinking -

Can you give some more info , whys etc ?
    In There Like Swimwear
    #XS

Quote Originally Posted by dua lam pa View Post
    " First off I am a big fan of shooting cams on the long slots to get maximum rotation. "

Hmmmmmm , scratching head thinking -

Can you give some more info , whys etc ?
    More of a personal preference then technical. I've always felt on modded bows they shot best for me in long slot. Although I did shoot my absolute on the short slot most of the summer and noticed no difference. I will try to post some tech differences in changing mod slots when I get some time..

I didn't got there yet to move to slots but I was playing a bit with holes....
    any cam you have if you change/move/rotate the DL modules you change the cam timing ....
    easy to experiment, take a sharpie and mark a line through both the cam and the module, draw the bow and feel the "feel"....then you change the modules to other number what is covering the same DL or just move out that your existing module for one hole shorter or longer (adjust the cable lengths off course) and you got different feel....
    If you have a draw board and a draw scale you may even want to measure and log your findings.
    OK Archery DST-38 Absolute, CarboFast, Shibuya, Beiter, Cascade, Synunm

D_M
    I have one and one now , meaning one of my bows is on th eshort ened one on the long end -
    I have my ideas but will get more beta - and report back after a while -
    However I am tuned in to this thread
    In There Like Swimwear
    #XS

I like to have my mods on shorter end (either smaller mod or longer cables),
    with a shorter string I can get longer slope to valley also the valley is wider,
    then I shorten the DL and stop the cams before the valley
    so not holding on wall but holding on slope....
    the shot is strong....

OK Archery DST-38 Absolute, CarboFast, Shibuya, Beiter, Cascade, Synunm