Archery Talk Forum banner

HELP!! Wifes New Carbon Rose Just Exploded String

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  brown671 
#1 ·
My wife was out shooting her new Carbon Rose (Purchased and Registered 60 days ago) The string just blew apart on the end where it connects to the cam. The string is frayed and the serving is completely gone. Warranty says strings not covered. Is this normal???? We are new to archery and just starting to compete. Any help/guidance is appreciated. I am really not looking to spend $150 on new strings for a bow that is 2 months old.

Thanks

Robert

#2 ·
Nope it's not normal but not unheard of when talking about Bowtech's Octane strings. They had a pretty bad run of that on their Diamond line not too long ago. The best thing you can do is take it to a shop and have it looked over. You may have more problems than just a broken string.

#12 ·
Exactly, I don't know of any of the manufacturers that use a quality string these days. I usually have new strings on a bow within a month after purchasing it, which is ridiculous considering what a new bow costs

#11 ·
I just got a set of vapor trail strings and cables for my Invasion. They were as close to perfect as I have ever seen, right out of the package they went on, I set cam lean, ATA was nuts on without playing with anything and I was shooting bullet holes in under 30 minutes start to finish. Extremely fast turnaround, I put the order in on Wednesday and had strings in my hand Friday afternoon.

#13 ·
if you are looking for a quick turn around you can't beat Vapor Trail and their quality is excellent. 60X makes some great strings also but not sure how backed up he is right now, with Vapor Trail your guaranteed your strings in I think 72 hours

#15 ·
Same happened to my Carbon Knight strings in same spot while shooting at an R100. Bowed stayed together because buss cables and drop away cord held the pressure. Luckily I carry a synnum press and unstrung it. I tried to take it back to shop cuz bow is less then 8 months old and was told they don't cover string damage. Took bow over to a fellow string builder friend. Disassembled it found no damage, cracks, or bends. Restoring it with some quality strings and is shooting like a champ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.