Archery Talk Forum banner

Official 2014/15 deer contest SMACK TALK thread

40K views 769 replies 68 participants last post by  0nepin 
#1 ·
It's about that time again ladies & gents, the cool temps and the smell of fall in drawing closer.
Just like years past I ask everyone to keep this thread as clean as possible. Don't hesitate to rub roughly on other team members or your AT friends though.
I wanna wish everyone a safe and successful season this year.
One fortunate team will have me, a 6 time all-star and born killer as a teammate. So cross your fingers and hope the name ILLbucknut appears as one of the other 14 names next to yours.

Good luck everyone, you'll need it!

#7 ·
If any of you guys want to win this year you better hope your on my team! :jam:

#11 ·
Go to the official sign up thread and say I'm in, that's all to it, and hope your on my team. :wink:

#26 ·
Hidden Danger

If we get put on same team again this year I'll be cheering for ya

But come on brother..Last year I heard a lot of Smack Talking and I think once the season started it was more like this..."If I stay right here maybe they won't notice me"

Just playing brother..Good Luck

Skin Eye Organ Window

#27 ·
Hidden Danger

If we get put on same team again this year I'll be cheering for ya

But come on brother..Last year I heard a lot of Smack Talking and I think once the season started it was more like this..."If I stay right here maybe they won't notice me"

Just playing brother..Good Luck

View attachment 2004912
Yeah , my wife had surgery before the season opener last year so I didn't have a whole lot time to hunt. She is doing better this year so maybe I'll be able to post a few more points. I did kill two last year with everything that was going on. Here's a post surgery pic. Notice the date on the pic..........it was right before the opener.

#37 ·
I done already know ALL my teammates...... Yeah some money got exchanged and some phone calls made (back in late May early June), but yeah.... This is already locked up. :pepsi:

#41 ·
Whatever you are smoking is still illegal in all states. Never happened, never will. The boys from Team Island Breeze miss you and want you assigned again to their team. Lord help me if you are randomly assigned to the same team as me!

#38 ·
BTW, our team is called "NOVEMBER-2-REMEMBER"

#RememberDaName

#62 ·
Yeah thanks, I checked in like six deer total into the contest last year. The mods really don't mind that much (the rules are more like suggested guidelines).

You folks should try to enter more deer also.... Of course it helps to have multiple accounts and a few different ISP addresses to work with...... I am going to win that new Martin bow (they are giving as a contest prize) again this year too.

#72 ·
Just a couple more days and we will have our teams, you better hope your on my team, nuff said. Hehe

#78 ·
Todays the day, drum roll!!!!!!

#81 ·
True dat.

#85 ·
Within 2 hours of the close of sign-ups I go online to get a random number list to match up against the list of registered hunters. I then sort teams into groups of 15 (by the rank order of the numbers that were randomly assigned) and email those team lists to Beamen123 (Randy). When Randy can get to it he will post starter threads for each team. He will unveil a post that I create listing hunters alphabetically along with their team number so folks won't have to look through every team thread to find out which team they are on. Randy usually gets to his part on the day sign-ups close. But stuff comes up, so don't panic if you don't see it for a couple days. I gotta travel Friday thru Sunday and if something comes up that needs my input it won't happen until Monday at the earliest.

Good luck!
Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.