Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Tuning Problem

Not that this has anything to do with the string being damaged but why shorten the cable 1/3 in.? Thats is a lot.

PASSTHRU ARCHERY - 828-273-2815
    Obsession /Athens / Xpedition Dealer
    Custom Bow Tuning
    Facebook.com/PassthruArcheryAshvl

Try using a different nock(not as tight), or different serving on the nock point area to decrease the amount of pinch from the nock and add the speed beads back to ends of string. Shortening cables will make the string have less tension at rest will it not? Why not shorten the string same amount to get the tension and cam rotation at idle back where it should be.
    2014 Obsession Addiction 30.25 @65, HHA Ultra 5519, QAD HDX, B-Stinger 10" Hunter
    28.5 Easton Da-Torch w/100 at 296

2014 Obsession Phoenix 30.0 @65, HHA 5519, QAD HDX, B-Stinger 8" Hunter
    28.5 Easton Da-Torch w/125

Need to put speed nocks on the string also. It will add speed, dampen string oscillation, and can make the bow a bit more quiet.
    PASSTHRU ARCHERY - 828-273-2815
    Obsession /Athens / Xpedition Dealer
    Custom Bow Tuning
    Facebook.com/PassthruArcheryAshvl

I am not sure of why the cable was shortened. I do know that my bow from factory was a little out of spec. I had purchased the bow at a shop 2 hours away. I had a local Obsession dealer work on the bow and it was not tuned very well. It was suggested to me to talk with this bow tuner, he comes highly recommended from many people.

The Brace and ATA were long. Not for sure how to tune so some of the twisting and rotation does not mean anything to me without someone showing me in person. I am not sure of the serving as well. Not sure how these strings are manufactured. For all I know the stock strings stretched. I know that the tuner spoke to Dennis before he did anything to consult on the best way to have the bow at optimum performance. So all changes were done at the suggestion of Obsession.

Based on what I am hearing I need a different peep. Which is odd because I had the same peep on for over a month and never had a problem. Also, add string knocks. I am not familiar with those and the tuning process, but I will request them.

It also looks like you have a cut strand where the peep is tied in. That peep may be more trouble than it's worth.
    Bear Anarchy HC
    Bear Anarchy
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#

No kidding

I am going to ditch that peep and have the sting redone to exact stock. I think we all agree that the Evo is phenomenonal bone stock

Maybe it's just me but, looks like the peep has also cut the string.
    Owner:PRECISION BOW TUNING
    North Mississippi

REAPE THE BENIFITS OF 100%CONFIDENCE IN YOUR RIG
    BROWNEL BUILDER=HOGWIRE
    BCY BUILDER=60X

I think we figured out the problem. I think my peep is a big part of this but it appears that when the last shop worked on my bow, they crossed the cables opposite of what they were supposed to be. I think the front cable if you will is supposed to be closer to the arrow. On my bow the rear cable was closer to the arrow. That torque, when the bow was tuned in that configuration, put the cable to close to the peep travel. With everything in the right place the bow is back to normal.

Even though the peep issue was frustrating, the bow shoots awesome. Thank you all that replied.

Your welcome, but in your pictures on page one (the good ones close up) your cable slide is in the correct orientation and it appears that the lower bus is in the correct well of the slide (closest to the string and loop end on outside of lower cam)...that is the factory and recommended configuration.
    2nd Chance Archery - Obsession Archery Dealership & 4 Phase Tuning Services
    Obsession Evolution...353+fps... Thump 'em Dead
    Obsession Phoenix and Sniper GT...343+fps...The Pit Vipers of hunting rigs
    Change or get left behind

You are correct. Cables were in correct wells but one ran over the other in opposite orientation. If That Makes Sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan391 View Post
    You are correct. Cables were in correct wells but one ran over the other in opposite orientation. If That Makes Sense.
    Yup, it does...you gotta wonder how a tech misses that when he installs the loop end on the cam and de-presses the bow...sorry that happened to ya. Best of luck in the future with it...its a great bow.

Quote Originally Posted by brdymakr View Post
    Yup, it does...you gotta wonder how a tech misses that when he installs the loop end on the cam and de-presses the bow...sorry that happened to ya. Best of luck in the future with it...its a great bow.
    Wow, so much for your "super" tuner. LOL!
    Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen.

Quote Originally Posted by IA Monsterbuck View Post
    Wow, so much for your "super" tuner. LOL!
    Yea; Right? Are you freaking kidding me?
    2014 Obsession Addiction 30.25 @65, HHA Ultra 5519, QAD HDX, B-Stinger 10" Hunter
    28.5 Easton Da-Torch w/100 at 296

2014 Obsession Phoenix 30.0 @65, HHA 5519, QAD HDX, B-Stinger 8" Hunter
    28.5 Easton Da-Torch w/125

Got some bojax speed string sleeves yesterday. Fastest I could get out of the bow without taking kisser button off was 298. 27" draw 62# 330 grain arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan391 View Post
    Got some bojax speed string sleeves yesterday. Fastest I could get out of the bow without taking kisser button off was 298. 27" draw 62# 330 grain arrow.
    If you can confirm a couple of things for us...can we assume you have 60# limbs or are these 65 or 70# limbs turned down a bit?
    Bow is at 62#... If they are 65 or 60's then specs are to deduct a 4-6fps from IBO rating.
    Kisser button, brass nock by D Loop (from earlier pictures), D Loop and a Specialty Archery peep with a Verifier/Clarifier lens installed is all still on the string (gotta be 50+ grains if so)?
    Arrow is a total weight of 330 grains and your measured draw length is 27" (assume that the tuner runs a draw board with an integrated load cell or scale)?

If all the above are accurate assumptions, then the IBO on this rig is calculating on Backcountry at 353fps...(62#, 330 grain arrow, 50 grains on string, 27" draw)...Congrats, go shoot it...

The bow does have 50-60 lbs limbs maxed out. I have a D loop. I got a new peep. I think the hood on the Specialty Peep was part of the problem so I replaced that with a regular, non verifier peep. i have kisser button on the string. I have the # 7 mod, which is 27" according to Obsession. I have personally only measured it once, prior to new tune. I think that shop said it was 26.5. I assume it somewhere around there.

I did a bare shaft test as well.

PART_1407183634661_.IMG_20140804_151935.jpg

Bow is shooting awesome.

Have you tried the ultra light hooded peep the pro series may work.
    Dealer of HOYT, PSE , Bowtech , Xpedition , and Obsession Call for inventory anytime at 715-310-4920
    We can get you anything you want well almost !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by completepassthru View Post
    Not that this has anything to do with the string being damaged but why shorten the cable 1/3 in.? Thats is a lot.
    The last Phoenix I got in, the string was 1/2" long and the cables were 1/4" long... top cam was hitting over 1/2" before the bottom! You can see on the string where they removed the bottom speed nocks. Pretty sure the string was for a different bow and they tried to make it work. This might explain the "why"...
    Elite XLR, Z28, Pure and Tour

curious as to who the st. louis area super tuner is
    PSE, Gold Tip, Bee Stinger, Stanislawski, Hamskea, Specialty Archery, Bomar-summitarchery .com

Please quit using the term supertuner. Youre either tuned or not tuned. Sorry rant over.

Is it me or do those strings have way to many twists?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12