Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 ASA Schedule changes

2015 ASA Schedule changes

I heard some guys discussing this at the shoot. I don't know where they heard it from but thought I would ask in case they made an official announcement and I missed it.

So are there any official changes to the schedule for next year? What I heard was that everything was going to be bumped back about a month and that the Classic was going to be at a different venue....they would still be coming to Cullman next year but that the Classic would be somewhere else. I also heard a few people saying that the Tuscaloosa shoot wouldn't be on the schedule. I'm sure they'll post some concrete info soon BUT I am betting some folks that were at the shoot might have heard the same things or got official word there. I shot both my rounds Saturday so I came home early.

Do they have any official dates? id like to know when exactly they will be held
    "Lead by Example"

I am sure there was some discussion at the directors meeting about the schedule (we were not there). The official schedule will come out in October.
    Hoyt National Shooting Staff
    Carbon Express Pro Staff
    Stone Mountain Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Tru Ball Shooting Staff
    ASA Texas State Director

Going from notes I had from last year.....the 2015 an 2016 dates were set for the 3rd weekend of every month.....but we will see if still so...
    In God we Trust all others pay CASH

I message from my phone...so posts are short and sweet . No need for grammar , figure it out man.

When do they release the new schedule ?
    Elite Energy 35 72lbs and 29", Spot Hogg Hogg Father, QAD HDX, Doinker Unity, Scott Longhorn Hunter, Gold Tip XT Hunter 300, Rage Hypodermics

Florida is 3rd weekend in feb.
    2 Mathews apex 7's blue and red 60x strings cbe slidebar shrewd scope shrewd disconnects underground stabilizers gold tip 22's and xcutters Scott backspin release
    Z's custom braided slings and lanyards
    60x strings pro staff underground archery products pro staff
    Www.shootarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by 12sonly View Post
    Florida is 3rd weekend in feb.
    Wow thats quite a change.
    Hoyt/Athens

The announcement they made at the shoot down was they were wanting to keep the classic in cullman if they could get the hotel situation under control.

ASA is returning to Cullman in July. But NOT for the Classic. The classic site has not been announced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bill_collector View Post
    The announcement they made at the shoot down was they were wanting to keep the classic in cullman if they could get the hotel situation under control.
    ASA Eastern Regional Director

I'm betting Gaza is NOT on the list.
    Can you point me toward the target, please?

Interesting with the July time frame. I wonder where that will shuffle the Metropolis shoot in the lineup, or if it is even in the lineup again. That was another rumor I heard too, that it was being moved. But you know how rumors are.

From the ASA home page...

Thanks to everyone for making the 2014 season a success.

The following dates for 2015 are confirmed.
    Feb. 20-22 Newberry, FL
    Mar. 20-22 Ft. Benning
    Apr. 24-26 Paris, TX
    May 29-31 London, KY
    Jun. 26-28 Metropolis, IL

Quote Originally Posted by blade37defender View Post
    From the ASA home page...

Thanks to everyone for making the 2014 season a success.

The following dates for 2015 are confirmed.
    Feb. 20-22 Newberry, FL
    Mar. 20-22 Ft. Benning
    Apr. 24-26 Paris, TX
    May 29-31 London, KY
    Jun. 26-28 Metropolis, IL
    Sweet! I'm hoping to make 2 or 3 next year.
    Elite Energy 35 72lbs and 29", Spot Hogg Hogg Father, QAD HDX, Doinker Unity, Scott Longhorn Hunter, Gold Tip XT Hunter 300, Rage Hypodermics

Dang, no Tuscalusa ? Since W.Monroe got canned it was my closest.
    Fighting fire and slinging arrows,God has blessed me!
    2014 HeliM
    GoldTip, Deadcenter,QAD, BlackGold Vengence ,Stan

Glad they got the schedule out early. But, that means five pro ams next year as opposed to six last year?

Wonder if that means there will be another shoot before a later Classic.

Does that mean the Classic will again be at Cullman?
    Can you point me toward the target, please?

There will be 7 shoots Carlosi. Cullman is still up in the air and the Classic site hasn't been announced yet.
    Mike Marlow, ASA, FAA and NFAA member
    ASA Area Rep NW Florida

If there is going to be 7 shoots, I wonder if the 6th regular proam will be in January, ahead of Newberry, or if it will be in late July with the Classic being in late August instead of early August ??? --- Drama is building, but I'm sure the Geezers will get it figured out !!!

I think they moved the dates a little farther back due to the bad weather we had in January and February. Not at the shoots but many driving home in it. Also that puts it behind some indoor shoots. I would think the 6th shoot will follow illinois and then the classic

I think the primary reason they pushed everything back is so that the first shoot in Florida is after Vegas. I'd expect we go to Cullman in late July, then the Classic will be August 21-23...as to where that will be is still a mystery.
    2014 Hoyt Pro Comp XL

The word I got this morning is that Cullman will have a regular proam shoot in July (6th shoot) "IF" the ASA can get the Cullman motels straightened out, because of their price gouging.

Latest info also indicates the "possibility of the Classic being in Foley, Alabama sometime by mid-August.

Only time will tell.

Interesting for sure. July is the month that the federation holds the state championships in too so that will shuffle some of those around if they put a Pro/Am in the mix in the middle or end of the month. It would have to be some time like that because I don't think they'd have it the weekend of the 4th.

It would be nice if we could get away from the heat and humidity of the south in the summer months. That's the plus of going to Florida as the first stop of the year...most of us are ready for some 70 degree weather. This year we left behind snow and ice and a high of 10 degrees to head past the demolition derby at Atlanta to get to the sandy soil of Florida for some nice 70 and 80 degree days. It was quite welcomed. I liked this year at Kentucky with the G & H ranges not on the powerline. That was very welcomed too...even if it was still hot and we ended up finishing the evening round in the dark. I didn't like Tuscaloosa at all. I had never been to Tuscaloosa before...and no offense to those that live in the area...but that place was very run down. Certain parts of it looked really rough...and not just because of the tornado damage either. The hotel we stayed at...we didn't know whether the roaches or bedbugs were gonna fight for who was gonna get to get to us first. The small area around the college was the only section of it that looked somewhat safe and new. Other wise, while riding from the shoot site to the hotel, my hand was always on my Ruger.

2 many in Alabama if they add another shoot there....just put them all in AL

possible shoot in Tennessee next year is also being rumored.

I thought the ASA policy was no Pro Ams in July to get in all the Federation State Shoots? I guess that is off the table now. I wonder what that will do to the attendance at the state shoots....

Quote Originally Posted by reylamb View Post
    I thought the ASA policy was no Pro Ams in July to get in all the Federation State Shoots? I guess that is off the table now. I wonder what that will do to the attendance at the state shoots....
    The way it looks, if they're going to get the same quantity of shoots in, states will have to work their championships around the ASA schedule. I seriously doubt ASA will cut back to 6 shoots instead of 7, but they may. I think the most likely scenario is a shoot the weekends of 7/24-26 and 8/21-23. That would keep the 4 week interval but only time will tell.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast