a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 ASA Schedule changes

Quote Originally Posted by Garceau View Post
    Geez....they are all far enough from me.

I will be cutting back next year if they get much futher than this year.

North Carolina....dang.

Southern Indiana would bring a good draw - Classic at Metropolis would be awesome.
    That whole Regions bunch needs to look closer at Indiana, Illinois, Ohio.
    They've kind of had a scatter fun approach to their scheduling.

Anderson was not a choice venue...I know of two or three others that would have been much better, for example.
    Can you point me toward the target, please?

Tuscaloosa, Phenix City, Cullman....so we can change the ASA to be Alabama Shooters Association.

IBO can't get out of its own way. They keep repeating the same system with all of it flaws, expecting things to get better.

The door has been open for Regions, but they can't seem to get their act together.

Local shoots are looking better and better to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OT3D View Post
    Tuscaloosa, Phenix City, Cullman....so we can change the ASA to be Alabama Shooters Association.

IBO can't get out of its own way. They keep repeating the same system with all of it flaws, expecting things to get better.

The door has been open for Regions, but they can't seem to get their act together.

Local shoots are looking better and better to me.
    Within 5 or 6 hours of Phenix City and Culman are a very large number of ASA members. But I'm definitely not one of them as it's a 10 hour from here to Culman and close to that to Phenix City.
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table."
    Supra ME, BowMadness 34, DNA SP
    Stan ShootOff and JustX releases for hunting, foam and paper!

Regions has tried for 2 years now to get shooters in that part of the country and the average number in attendance has been less than 100 shooters. Doesn't take much to figure out this area of the US will not support.

Everything I have heard is that Regions has put on great shoots in all aspects --- the problem is that the shooters are not supporting it. I still think the root of the problem is that shooters can not afford to support that many organizations, which basically means between the ASA, IBO, and NFAA a shooter can neither afford the $$$, nor the time off from work to go to a national shoot every weekend of the month for 7 months. They just do not have that much money, nor vacation time.

We, ourselves, are retired, and have the time, but we do not even have enough money to support all of the ASA shoots. We can only afford to attend 2 regular proams, possibly a 3rd, plus the Classic. It all depends on how far we have to travel, because the cost of gas just eats us alive.

I really don't think there is anything against any one particular organization, it is just that Regions is the new kid on the block, and apparently is being given the least priority. It is sad, but true. Dick is definetly not getting a return on his investment, nor can I understand how he can keep afford to keep on going. there seemed to be no big improvement this year over last.

Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter View Post
    Everything I have heard is that Regions has put on great shoots in all aspects --- the problem is that the shooters are not supporting it. I still think the root of the problem is that shooters can not afford to support that many organizations, which basically means between the ASA, IBO, and NFAA a shooter can neither afford the $$$, nor the time off from work to go to a national shoot every weekend of the month for 7 months. They just do not have that much money, nor vacation time.

We, ourselves, are retired, and have the time, but we do not even have enough money to support all of the ASA shoots. We can only afford to attend 2 regular proams, possibly a 3rd, plus the Classic. It all depends on how far we have to travel, because the cost of gas just eats us alive.

I really don't think there is anything against any one particular organization, it is just that Regions is the new kid on the block, and apparently is being given the least priority. It is sad, but true. Dick is definetly not getting a return on his investment, nor can I understand how he can keep afford to keep on going. there seemed to be no big improvement this year over last.
    I agree I would love to shoot them all.but unless we all are sponsored and get paid .and when a lot at every shoot.we can't afford to.i shot all the asa but one.this year I would like to add lancaster and maybe Vegas next year

If Regions would follow their original business plan they would be having three shoots that would draw regionally from east central U.S., north central (OH, IN, IL, MI, WI), midwest (MO, Iowa, OK, KS) and south west (TX, LA, AR)...or something like that...make a deal with ASA to use that as a feeder into the Classic. Stay out of ASA area. Look at the figures and you'll see that doing that wouldn't hurt the ASA turnouts all that much.

That's kinda like what the NFAA does with there Section shoots...I think that's what they call them.

Won't happen, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't.

If they wanted to Regions could recruit some folks active in the sport to sit down and help provide some input...couldn't hurt.

Just letting you all know what was being said. If I was guessing Cullman is out because of motel price gouging. Other things being rumored but Orange Beach sounded like a strong possibility.

Where in the world is "Orange Beach" ???

If it is in AL they have lost their mind.....

Quote Originally Posted by cenochs View Post
    If it is in AL they have lost their mind.....
    Yep! Bring it to the Carolinas!
    Elite Energy 35 72lbs and 29", Spot Hogg Hogg Father, QAD HDX, Doinker Unity, Scott Longhorn Hunter, Gold Tip XT Hunter 300, Rage Hypodermics

Foley Alabama I think is the location near Orange Beach.

Its on the Gulf of Mexico...not on my radar.

People say they wont go if its down there or that far away. Just the same as we all said that if gas got to $3 a gallon we wouldn't pay it and would find some other means of travel. Guess what...we paid it when it got to $4 a gallon. And the same will go for the ASA shoots. We have it in our blood and where they are...we will go. We might grumble a little about it but when it gets close to time to start shooting and we get "the bug" again, we'll be checking our vacation time and making plans to be there. They don't call it an addiction for nothing

I don't see myself catching that bug. Just too much money.
    "Trackin' an' smellin' ain't enough. You gotta think nasty."
    2010 Monster 70/30
    2000 MQ1 64/30

Something to think about guys n' galz --- Did you ever think, that ASA may use Foley as a 'trial balloon' as a replacement in the future for Newberry if more of it keeps disappearing ???

REALLY, could you imagine all the "beach scenery" that would be there if they scheduled the shoot during Spring Break !!! On the other hand, there wouldn't be enough motels to go around --- shuckie darn !!!

I'd like to see a ASA Pro Am in Indiana or Missouri. It would do well in either.
    Owner: YankeeRebel Finger Slings

You talk about high price rooms. Having it at the beach during tourist season. Wow!!
    2 Mathews apex 7's blue and red 60x strings cbe slidebar shrewd scope shrewd disconnects underground stabilizers gold tip 22's and xcutters Scott backspin release
    Z's custom braided slings and lanyards
    60x strings pro staff underground archery products pro staff
    Www.shootarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by t8ter View Post
    If so that shoot would break attendance records!
    Yes,no doubt it would
    2 Mathews apex 7's blue and red 60x strings cbe slidebar shrewd scope shrewd disconnects underground stabilizers gold tip 22's and xcutters Scott backspin release
    Z's custom braided slings and lanyards
    60x strings pro staff underground archery products pro staff
    Www.shootarchery.com

This is off topic but has anybody heard anything about a target list for next year? There's always somebody on here that seems to know a little more than others.
    Cherokee County Archers, B2 Bowstrings

Quote Originally Posted by 918hoytman918 View Post
    This is off topic but has anybody heard anything about a target list for next year? There's always somebody on here that seems to know a little more than others.
    I heard the mtn lion is going to be black and the feeding bear is going to be cinnimon.

Nothing earth shattering.
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

Quote Originally Posted by sagecreek View Post
    I heard the mtn lion is going to be black and the feeding bear is going to be cinnimon.

Nothing earth shattering.
    That would work for me. Just hoping I don't have to get new targets this year.
    Cherokee County Archers, B2 Bowstrings

Quote Originally Posted by Kstigall View Post
    I'd bet you are either joking, the person that told you is joking or it's total BS! I'd bet a large sum of money (by my standards which is very little to most folks) that Mike T. and the ASA wouldn't even consider Orange Beach for the Classic.
    I will take that bet, given a 35 mile radius. Foley, al (unless it falls through somehow). The foley newpapers have already reported it.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index...._sports_a.html
    Elite Archery Staff Shooter
    CBE Sights, Scott Releases, Slick Trick Broadheads and Winners Choice BowStrings.
    www custombowwequipment com
    www elitearchery com
    www scottarchery com

Foley don't even have an indoor facility built yet. I highly doubt it will be there next year. They'd be cutting it close to get it finished if they started building on it now.

I'm with all y'all. I don't know why they want to have it that far south. They must be trying to tap into the Cuban market is the only thing I can figure.

I guess if that is where they want to go oh well I will be out 3 shoots then more time for golf! Attendance will tell the story but Mike will have already got his $$$... I guess $ is more important than the core area for the archers...numbers don't lie TX FL and used to be LA always have the lowest numbers all to far away from the core archers...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast