a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 ASA Schedule changes

No Foley next year. Mt Lion will be made in black and walking bear in brown. McKenzie is also dropping three targets that are in the current ASA rotation.

Why use the whole hand when one Finger will do.
    Have Bow....Will Travel

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dean View Post
    No Foley next year. Mt Lion will be made in black and walking bear in brown. McKenzie is also dropping three targets that are in the current ASA rotation.
    Never liked black targets lol. I struggle on them. Do you know what targets they are dropping ??
    Elite Energy 35 72lbs and 29", Spot Hogg Hogg Father, QAD HDX, Doinker Unity, Scott Longhorn Hunter, Gold Tip XT Hunter 300, Rage Hypodermics

Foley and Orange Beach is a great area. I live in the area and it is just like any other...some shoots are close and some are very far away. I don't think they will make a schedule to fit everyone ever.
    Vaportrail Staff Shotter, Bohning Staff Shooter
    Sword 2014 Pro Staff,Dead Center Archery Pro, Tru Ball Staff Shooter

If there dropping 3 that are in the rotation that's means they have to add 3 more.
    Cherokee County Archers, B2 Bowstrings

Mt lion in black and walking bear in brown that is two. Look for the third to be an African animal.
    Have Bow....Will Travel

McKenzie is dropping the large sneak deer, warthog and russian boar. As always it is best to wait for Mr T to make the final announcement.
    Have Bow....Will Travel

As far as distance goes I have shot all the ASAs since the 05 Classic. Regardless of schedule I spend a couple hundred hours in a truck seat to and from. Most are 9+ for me Texas and Florida are 18.
    Have Bow....Will Travel

whiners!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleRR View Post
    whiners!
    So, a DoubleRR would be RRRR, right?
    Can you point me toward the target, please?

What is wrong with having an ASA shoot anywhere north of southern Illinois?????

Quote Originally Posted by allxs View Post
    I will take that bet, given a 35 mile radius. Foley, al (unless it falls through somehow). The foley newpapers have already reported it.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index...._sports_a.html
    Good article
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

Some different targets would be nice. In North America, we probably aren't going to encounter an African warthog, Hyena, Leopard, that thing we call Beetlejuice, or any of the other exotics. Then again we wont see a black panther either. lol

I know McKenzie makes a few dinosaur targets...those would be fun to have out on the range. I will probably get scalded for saying this...but I would like to see some turkey targets...IF they could make some with replaceable cores.

More black McKenzie targets! One shot and we've got a brown aiming point. Woo Hoo!

I will take that bet, given a 35 mile radius. Foley, al (unless it falls through somehow). The foley newpapers have already reported it.

Having a local cheerleader put it in the local newspaper doesn't mean a whole lot. Did you read where they were backing off the one event?

I think you are missing the part where the article speaks of the "Foley Sports Tourism Director" trying to attract events to the area. He is going to mention anything and everything that is possible. The required $1 million+ building still needs to be built.

Foley could possibly replace Newberry one day but I can't see the value in moving the Classic to what is the edge of the earth as far as the ASA is concerned. Hosting an international event is different in that a higher percentage of participants are traveling extreme distance regardless of where the event is held. Sooo, I'll bet a double dip of Cookies'N Cream that the Classic doesn't move to Foley in the next 3-4 years.
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table."
    Supra ME, BowMadness 34, DNA SP
    Stan ShootOff and JustX releases for hunting, foam and paper!

Foley Albama,hold on...I retract my thoughts on Cullman motel price gouging!!!!!Cheaper to pay one foreigner the jacked up room rate than to give another foreigner more in gas money.And B closer to home.
    Cullman best classic site ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2 much foam in my yard 2 get anything done.

Foley,orange beach,gulf shores area is a nice area. Great food, not a cheap place to stay usually but hotels are out there. But that's more like a florida shoot for most travelers.

My trip would go from 7 hours to 10 hours.
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

Quote Originally Posted by Kstigall View Post
    I think you are missing the part where the article speaks of the "Foley Sports Tourism Director" trying to attract events to the area. He is going to mention anything and everything that is possible. The required $1 million+ building still needs to be built.

Foley could possibly replace Newberry one day but I can't see the value in moving the Classic to what is the edge of the earth as far as the ASA is concerned. Hosting an international event is different in that a higher percentage of participants are traveling extreme distance regardless of where the event is held. Sooo, I'll bet a double dip of Cookies'N Cream that the Classic doesn't move to Foley in the next 3-4 years.
    I'll take your ice cream, my fingers are crossed. it looks to be mid august for the date, so no chance of having the last one in Tuscaloosa.
    Elite Archery Staff Shooter
    CBE Sights, Scott Releases, Slick Trick Broadheads and Winners Choice BowStrings.
    www custombowwequipment com
    www elitearchery com
    www scottarchery com

Somewhere in Ala. for sure.

Tourism director for Foley is the same guy that got ASA to go Tuscaloosa when he worked there.
    Have Bow....Will Travel

I heard several times at the Classic that it's moving to Mobile Ala....4-1/2 hours further south...if that's the case count me out that will be 13 hours.

Dewayne
    SKY TR7 Gold XCCB TR7 Limbs 42# White
    SKY TR7 Silver XCCB TR7 Limbs 38# Black
    Carbon Express CXL 250
    carbon Express X Buster

I dont want to put a money wrench into the Foley thing.....but august.....is not a good month for that part of the gulf coast during hurricane season. ..just saying
    In God we Trust all others pay CASH

I message from my phone...so posts are short and sweet . No need for grammar , figure it out man.

Tourism director for Foley is the same guy that got ASA to go Tuscaloosa when he worked there.
    AH HA!! and the plot thickens....

Quote Originally Posted by bhtr3d View Post
    I dont want to put a money wrench into the Foley thing.....but august.....is not a good month for that part of the gulf coast during hurricane season. ..just saying
    So, what could possibly go wrong?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast