Archery Talk Forum banner

Team #10 - Team Ten-derizer

23K views 453 replies 18 participants last post by  BagginBigguns 
#1 ·
Congratulations! Here is your team for the 2014-2015 ArcheryTalk Deer Contest (11th Annual). If one member from your team could send a PM to each of the other members with their team number or a link to the team thread, that would help the rest of your guys and gals locate the thread.

Please use this thread for discussion purposes, posting trail camera pictures, and anything you feel like discussing amongst your team. We wish each and every one of you a safe and successful season! Once your team has checked in and a team name is chosen, please have one member post your team name in the Team Name Registration thread in the League Play section and I will add the name to the title of this thread. Team names come on a first come, first serve basis.

Please review the rules sticky thread at the top of the League Play Forum and especially know what types of photographs are required for scoring (IMPORTANT: YOUR BOW MUST BE IN THE PICTURE).

Good luck!

Randy & Tom

12 point
archeryhunterME
BagginBigguns
Billie
buckihunter302
Byrd
COssman14
DJ Trout
Elam
JFerg3
Grizzlemethis
Matt Musto
NCDoberman
rawd
SuchLike

See less See more
#37 ·
I am good with that name also.

#42 ·
Nice kill 12point! I am not setting any cameras this year. I not gonna disturb the area and see what shows. Had some nice ones on camera last year and then someone decided they needed a couple of my cameras worse than I did. So kind of anxious for opening day.

#50 ·
In order of appearance in that post, kills were made in WI, IA/IA (same buck in consecutive pics), WI, WI, IA, MT, WI. My biggest ever was the 2nd pic, which scored 177 5/8" from 2006. That bull elk was my 3rd elk kill, but my first ever with a bow. That was last September. Heading back to the same place this year, leaving on 9/12 for a 7 day hunt beginning on 9/14. I'm so excited about it that it's probably not even healthy. LOL

#54 ·
Billie, if you're envious of my success, I'm sad to say that if I wasn't such a pathetic failure half the time you'd really be jealous of the deer I should've killed in addition to (or instead of) the ones that I actually have killed. I have no excuse other than that sometimes, at the moment of truth, I just flat out suck. lol No joke. But I'm working on it. It's always a work in progress.

#58 ·
Grizz, I think it was 19 1/2" inside spread. It's a weird rack. It's almost as if he used up too much antler growing potential on his bases and browtines and left little for beam mass and tines. He had the gnarliest brows I've seen so far, though. I scored that deer at 124ish inches. I wish now that I'd had a shoulder mount done, as his rack is very unique. That was probably the second largest-bodied deer I've killed, only second to the Iowa monster from '06 that had to tip 300+#. It was an absolute monster in every respect.

If you look closely in the pic you mentioned, you'll see a blue collar from my polo shirt. I'd gotten home from school (was taking pre-dental courses at local UW branch), threw on my camo, grabbed my bow and half-ran out to my stand behind home with about 45 minutes of daylight to spare. I killed this back 20 minutes later. Good times!

#60 ·
Hey, guys I'm checking in. I've been pretty busy moving the past few days. I'm glad to see we have an active team.

I make #3 from NC. I'll be hunting in the Central and North West regions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.