Thread: ok questions

ok questions

I have a question about ok absolute bow ! What does it take to change draw weight on the bows ? From what i have read it's changing the limb blocks , what do they cost and can you change the bow by 15 pounds with the limb blocks ? Also what do mods cost for changing draw length . Thanks for your help !

Quote Originally Posted by dmoose66 View Post
    I have a question about ok absolute bow ! What does it take to change draw weight on the bows ? From what i have read it's changing the limb blocks , what do they cost and can you change the bow by 15 pounds with the limb blocks ? Also what do mods cost for changing draw length . Thanks for your help !
    I don't think it's possible to get 15 pounds with out a limb swap. Limb blocks all depend on what ones the bow has but I believe it's only a few pounds either way.
    You can gain some pounds by shortening the cables and swapping the mods to change draw length. Within reason of course. Couldn't tell you cost on parts but lots of guys swapping mods depending on what you got

Dave is right, you can get 2-3 pounds with other limb-blocks. You can increase poundage swapping cams and mods (from large to small cam and small to large mod). But pay attention that you stay in range of your drawlength with the new combination!!! You need new limbs for 15 pounds, definitly.
    Every landing you walk away, is a good landing.

How far can the limb blocks wind out safely and what would the poundage difference be compared to fully in? My bow shipped at 64.2 when I ordered 60 (we can't shoot >60 in club rules) so I've wound it about 2 turns out, block is a few mm out. Don't know current poundage. Ideally I want about 58 lb.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodking View Post
    How far can the limb blocks wind out safely and what would the poundage difference be compared to fully in? My bow shipped at 64.2 when I ordered 60 (we can't shoot >60 in club rules) so I've wound it about 2 turns out, block is a few mm out. Don't know current poundage. Ideally I want about 58 lb.
    One turn on limb bolts is approximately 3 lbs....but depend of factors...
    How do you know you got 64.2 at the first place without measuring it yourself? In the same way you shall be able to measure it right as is with two turns out...
    Now, I am very surprised you got the wrong DW unless you changed the DL modules or twist cables yourself....
    Anyway, 3 turns out is safe, but ....but....you know that you don't take out 2 turns or 3 turns from one at once and then 3 turns from the other bolt....that is nono....you cannot have more then one turn difference between two bolts....not with OK and not with any other brand bows....
    I usually turn both bolts in all the way and with a sharpie putting a line half on the bolt head and extending outside to the block, so when I turn the bolts I can see did I turn them 100% same amount or full circle around or not.
    So for a total of 3 turns, turn one then the other then back to first then the other and so on..
    And, the third thing I would point out is....if you already have arrows in specific spine, especially some more expensive, you tune them together and not just do the bow or the other...
    I believe you may have more Q's? pls feel free to ask before doing a big change...
    OK Archery DST-38 Absolute, CarboFast, Shibuya, Beiter, Cascade, Synunm

Quote Originally Posted by bigHUN View Post
    One turn on limb bolts is approximately 3 lbs.
    OK, good to know. This can differ massively between bows though, hence my asking.

How do you know you got 64.2 at the first place without measuring it yourself? In the same way you shall be able to measure it right as is with two turns out...
    Not quite - my local store measured it. I haven't been back and my own scale is really inaccurate and gives a different reading every time. I will ask the store to measure again when I go back there, though.

Now, I am very surprised you got the wrong DW unless you changed the DL modules or twist cables yourself....
    Nope! I didn't.

Anyway, 3 turns out is safe, but ....but....you know that you don't take out 2 turns or 3 turns from one at once and then 3 turns from the other bolt....that is nono....you cannot have more then one turn difference between two bolts....not with OK and not with any other brand bows.... I usually turn both bolts in all the way and with a sharpie putting a line half on the bolt head and extending outside to the block, so when I turn the bolts I can see did I turn them 100% same amount or full circle around or not.
    Obviously. I do half turns each side. Same method by sharpie or paying attention to angle of allen key.

And, the third thing I would point out is....if you already have arrows in specific spine, especially some more expensive, you tune them together and not just do the bow or the other...
    My arrows (Victory VAP v1) are good for 55-60 in the current length, point and spine, so I had to reduce it for that anyway. I'm probably at about 58-59 and may drop another half turn or so.

Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodking View Post
    ...My arrows (Victory VAP v1) are good for 55-60 in the current length, point and spine, so I had to reduce it for that anyway. I'm probably at about 58-59 and may drop another half turn or so.

Thanks for the advice!
    Be aware of that the Absolute have way "stronger" limbs then you other bows, you may don't feel it yourself (these limbs have shorter recovery time) but you will see on your arrows grouping....I shall not say "stronger" but gives out more power....shoot the same arrows from two or more different bows and you will see from your bow they penetrate deeper....
    I had to cut down my carbon length to stay within the spine range....

OK Archery DST-38 Absolute, CarboFast, Shibuya, Beiter, Cascade, Synunm