Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 2712

Thread: Watch "Dear Mr Atheist allow me to destroy evolution in 3 minutes!" on YouTube

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Funky Town USA
    Posts
    30,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster of Xs View Post
    It doesn't. You can't "disprove" the existence of something, especially not the existence of a non-corporeal being that resides outside of space/time (not present in "reality").



    But showing the Earth is billions of years old, the universe is ever-expanding and billions of years older, and that life evolved on this planet to create the wonderful variety of life we see today DOES prove that claims in your Bible are just dead wrong. So we have a problem here that you need to work through. Your book, "God's Word", is wrong more than it's right....and this is your sole source of information from this deity. What do you trust? Hundreds of years of scientific discovery? Or some old book we know is wrong as often as it is?
    Hey buster brown good to see ya.
    if a woman starts hitting me and won't stop , she's gonna get her lips tapped.


  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha Nebraska
    Posts
    6,651
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBlake View Post
    I'll dissprobe him. In the first 30 seconds this guy already mis-understands science entirely. Because something isn't directly observed, doesn't mean it isn't science or can't be real. You can study the observable variables and find new ones to validate the theories. We've found new elements that nobody had seen but yet were theorized by science and then created, some we can't yet create (hint: it's still science). Nobody saw the water carve the Grand Canyon, that doesn't mean that it had to be done by magic.

    Some children just need Tooth-Fairy stories so that the processes of biology are not too scary for them.
    so your saying science considers God as a possible fact???? Good for you.
    "You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete." -- Buckminster Fuller

    "It is unfortunately none too well understood that, just as the State has no money of its own, so it has no power of its own." ~Albert J. Nock

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arden Hills, MN
    Posts
    9,821
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgehunter70 View Post
    I dont need to prove anything. The atheist is the ones that dont believe and thats fine. I ask the question of how everything was created? And yet, it all works in order who created the order?
    You think satan did
    You need to learn how the burden of truth works. You are not right by default. You cannot prove a negative.

    Here's an example: prove zebras don't exist.

    You'd probably say something along the lines of "I'd look everywhere on the planet, and when I couldn't find any that means they don't exist" or you'd cop out saying of course they exist. In the case of the former, one could counter you didn't look in the right place, at the right time, or with the wrong sense.

    Now, to prove the positive. Prove zebras exist. I produce a zebra. Bam, it's done.

    Atheists don't believe god doesn't exist, they don't believe god exists. It is a subtle but significant difference.
    The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Maryville,Tennessee
    Posts
    5,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbow View Post
    So you don't believe in the Fall or the Trinity? It is pretty common Christian doctrine that there was no sickness or death in the Garden until God exiled Adam and Eve, and God created sickness (including cancer) and death as a punishment for Adam and Eve and all of their descendants. The Trinity states that Jesus and God are one in the same, so, by those two doctrines, Jesus is responsible for giving little kids cancer. Even if you don't believe in the Fall, but do believe god is all knowing, then God could without effort cure all cancer but instead chooses to watch children die and suffer and do nothing. It would be like you watching a kid die of heat stroke in a car. You could call 911, or break the windows, easy, but you don't.
    and you speak as if you know the common answer when in reality you dont, you learn from what you have read from a book, you can blame God for alot of things and discredit his word all you want and lead many people away from the only one who in the end will have the last word, but your words are only in weight to those who may agree with you, i agree to disagree with you but i still want you to have a nice day and God bless.
    Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh to the Father but by me"

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Devon, United Kingdom
    Posts
    428
    Doug that is a subtle point I think they will never get. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.
    "Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it." - Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,318
    Quote Originally Posted by RNT View Post
    so your saying science considers God as a possible fact???? Good for you.
    Science has an obligation to consider everything and look for supporting or contrary evidence. Science shows that the timing and the order by which animals and humans were created in the Christian bible is not supported by the physical evidence found. That in itself is not science ruling out the existence of God, but rather stating that the evidence does not support the creation as described in the bible. Christian dogma forces the belief to be all-or-nothing and thus often puts itself at odds with science despite that not being the position of science at all. Science would be elated if somebody could prove that it was possible to speak animals into existence. Unfortunately, thus far we only have "Uh-huh, that's totally what happend" to go on ..sadly, not enough for science.

  7. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBlake View Post
    Wait ...the version of Macroevolution taught in universities based on physical evidence in the fossil record

    Or the version of Macroevolution promoted by The Institute for Creation Research that claims anything that hasn't been observed directly, a black hole for example, cannot be science?
    From actual professors.

  8. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster of Xs View Post
    WHO?

    You don't see the problem here? Probably not, so I'll lay it on you easy-like, OK? Why would you automatically assume a "WHO" created life? If you were really interested in the truth then you'd ask something like "WHAT created life?". Wouldn't you? Because starting with "WHO" eliminates nearly all the possible right answers, right out of the gate! Why on Earth would you do that? Were you just brainwashed/conditioned into this way of thought? Have you ever seriously pondered the question of where we came from while being totally honest with yourself?


    If the universe was intelligently caused it would have to be by a being and not a non-physical thing. Even you could figure that out by yourself.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,318
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    From actual professors.
    Pssst ...click the credits link

  10. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBlake View Post

    Ha ha, that's the go to website for idiot atheists. That must be like Kollege to you guys,

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    12,293
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    Ha ha, that's the go to website for idiot atheists. That must be like Kollege to you guys,


    "Idiot atheist"? Are there any other kind, zen?

  12. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by hayman View Post
    "Idiot atheist"? Are there any other kind, zen?

    I know of ne that isn't. If it wasn't for him "idiot atheist" would be redundant.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster of Xs View Post
    It doesn't. You can't "disprove" the existence of something, especially not the existence of a non-corporeal being that resides outside of space/time (not present in "reality").

    But showing the Earth is billions of years old, the universe is ever-expanding and billions of years older, and that life evolved on this planet to create the wonderful variety of life we see today DOES prove that claims in your Bible are just dead wrong. So we have a problem here that you need to work through. Your book, "God's Word", is wrong more than it's right....and this is your sole source of information from this deity. What do you trust? Hundreds of years of scientific discovery? Or some old book we know is wrong as often as it is?
    Where's your proof that the earth is billions of years old??? You seriously think science is 100% fact? Ha. Give me a break. They have their own special agendas. When it comes to evolution, nothing is " fact" just because a group of scientists say it is. And tell me how they precisely gauge how old the earth is?

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,318
    Isotopes ... never mind, "science magic from Satan"

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,318
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    Ha ha, that's the go to website for idiot atheists. That must be like Kollege to you guys,
    Says the guy who qets all his evolution understanding from The Institute for Creation Research

    What's the matter Zen, too many PhD's and professors for you on my link?
    So you don't like UC Berkeley, how about Yale? Are there any Ivy League schools you will consider or are you restricted only to parroting The Institute for Creation Research?

  16. #91
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Southwest Missouri
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKMN View Post
    You need to learn how the burden of truth works. You are not right by default. You cannot prove a negative.

    Here's an example: prove zebras don't exist.

    You'd probably say something along the lines of "I'd look everywhere on the planet, and when I couldn't find any that means they don't exist" or you'd cop out saying of course they exist. In the case of the former, one could counter you didn't look in the right place, at the right time, or with the wrong sense.

    Now, to prove the positive. Prove zebras exist. I produce a zebra. Bam, it's done.

    Atheists don't believe god doesn't exist, they don't believe god exists. It is a subtle but significant difference.

    And then the Zebra bites-off your ear....
    Parfois, on fait pas semblant!
    (Sometimes, it is not pretend!)

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Funky Town USA
    Posts
    30,136
    Quote Originally Posted by hayman View Post
    "Idiot atheist"? Are there any other kind, zen?
    sure there are smart ones , like matta.
    if a woman starts hitting me and won't stop , she's gonna get her lips tapped.

  18. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by sticshooter View Post
    sure there are smart ones , like matta.
    Whasa matta stick?

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Posts
    9,793
    Quote Originally Posted by PAdorn View Post
    And tell me how they precisely gauge how old the earth is?
    You know, there's this thing called "Google"...
    "Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall!" -- Christopher Hitchens

  20. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBlake View Post
    Says the guy who qets all his evolution understanding from The Institute for Creation Research

    What's the matter Zen, too many PhD's and professors for you on my link?
    So you don't like UC Berkeley, how about Yale? Are there any Ivy League schools you will consider or are you restricted only to parroting The Institute for Creation Research?

    I never heard of IRC until idiot atheists brought it up here.

    You quote a misleading unauthored website without reading the entire section. Pfft.

    Uncredentialed economists make lousy scientists.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arden Hills, MN
    Posts
    9,821
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBlake View Post
    Says the guy who qets all his evolution understanding from The Institute for Creation Research

    What's the matter Zen, too many PhD's and professors for you on my link?
    So you don't like UC Berkeley, how about Yale? Are there any Ivy League schools you will consider or are you restricted only to parroting The Institute for Creation Research?
    It's much easier to just read one book instead of many. Some of those books have words with more than two syllables. They's HARD!
    The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"

  22. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKMN View Post
    It's much easier to just read one book instead of many. Some of those books have words with more than two syllables. They's HARD!


    I've read more books in a month then you have your entire life.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by hayman View Post
    Let's go with what you believe.

    Why do you suppose jesus made the cancer cell?







    And how does he select who's going to suffer a horrible cancer death?
    The vast majority of cancer is believed to be due to environmental factors, the majority of which we as human beings either created or chose to do.
    "Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong." - 1 Corinthians 16:13

    Ben Pearson Cougar, 64", 47# @ 28.5"

  24. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by sticshooter View Post
    he's trying bro. But the atheists are busy and can't help him yet. I am sure one of them will toss him a bone soon.
    Instead of a bone the atheists (who, of course, adhere to evolution) should question chasing on why he says evolution is true yet then turns snd says that all that evidence that evolutionists claim they have for man's descent is, obviously, a lie, because as chasing stated, man was specially and wholly created by God. What chasing is doing, really, from the evo's perspective, is sneaking an eraser from his backpack and conveniently erasing a large portion of their projected phylogenetic tree/timeline, as well as their claims of evidence.

    Maybe deep down the evo's know chasing is right though, that there really isn't the evidence they claim for man's descent from animals.
    ~Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do.
    ~Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.
    ~An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

  25. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_D View Post
    The vast majority of cancer is believed to be due to environmental factors, the majority of which we as human beings either created or chose to do.
    You can't tell Hayman or others that... it's all Gods fault... like we are all puppets choreographed through life, with God choosing the winners and the losers.. yet them atheists who are winners, keep saying they do it all by themselfs..... haha....

Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •