Thread: Limb snapped!!!

Limb snapped!!!

I refrained from posting this in the general forum for fear of it turning into a bashing thread...

My wife was just out shooting here Fever One and as she was getting set to release we both heard a loud snap. I helped her let down the draw and upon inspecting things we found that the limb had fractured!!! This really sucks...she was really liking this bow. The warranty should cover the limb but I'm not too certain that I want to continue shooting this bow. I'd hate for this to happen in the middle of hunting season. Has any one heard of any similar instances?

The bow has 50-60# limbs and was set at around 55#. I just had a new 60X string put on and it's been shot less than 150 times. This is totally unacceptable....
    "I'm not from New York. I'm a redneck from western New York!!!"
    "Shoot a doe and let that little buck grow!!!"
    Obsession Lethal Force: 28"/70#

Limb failures happen, take it to a PSE dealer they will fix you up.

Sometimes limb failures happen, once replaces you may never have a problem with it again. PSE havent had a wide spread limb issue for some time now. you might have just gotten a weak limb.

Get it fixed up, re tune it and get ready for the season.
    2011 Destroyer 350 28.5" 65#, 10" "SIAZ" stab, Axcel Armortech Hd 5 pin .010, Ripcord, Gold Tip Velocity 7595's 396 gr, 100gr Killzones, RamCats, Tru Ball Short N Sweet, Carter Just B Cuz
    Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings
    Team 18 - DeadLock

Just curious..................do you know what kind of press was used to install the string? That's a pretty knarly crack.

Nope. The local shop did it. I can find out though. I'm certain that whatever it was it was meant for parallel limb bows...

Quote Originally Posted by bowtechxring View Post
    Just curious..................do you know what kind of press was used to install the string? That's a pretty knarly crack.
    bottom dollar says your right...pse limbs aren't known for that. but a bad press job could do it.
    my guess is the press cracked it and your wife finished it.
    either way pse will fix it,for free.
    but i would look at the press that the shop used...not all will work on pse limbs or others like them!
    WHITETAILS, WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF
    CLOSE SHOT ARTIST

PSE AXE7--PSE DNA

He's not a PSE dealer, but has sold Mathews for years. Doesn't the monster series of bows have limbs very similar to the X-force limbs?

Quote Originally Posted by WEEGEE View Post
    bottom dollar says your right...pse limbs aren't known for that. but a bad press job could do it.
    my guess is the press cracked it and your wife finished it.
    either way pse will fix it,for free.
    but i would look at the press that the shop used...not all will work on pse limbs or others like them!
    From PSE website.

http://pse-archery.com/k/xtechbowpressinfo?dev_mode=1

That's what it looks like to me , either wrong press or over pressed .
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtechxring View Post
    ONE PIN IS ALL YOU NEED, IF you have warp speed. Founder of Team OVERKILL.Shooting super warp speed bows built by Breathn .............................. ....Heavy draw weight ,franken head shooting deer slayer........................ ...Moderation is for cowards ."............................ .....................Team 4. IN 4 THE WIN

Hopefully the shop or PSE take care of you. If this was a Bowtech there would be a hundred bashers.

looks like maybe a X press was used, pse bows do not like that press especially if they guy running it is not that familiar with PSE. I am a PSE dealer and use a last chance press on PSE I have a x press I use on mathews stuff.

Pressed wrong was my guess also when I heard just had new strings put on. I would get limbs replaced and not worry about it other than making sure bow shop has the correct press to work on my bow and the experience to do so.
    GONE HUNTING - be back at 0'dark 30

PSE X-Force DS GX

X2 on a X-press was the probable culprit and the tech. pressing in the wrong location.... IJS due to the location of the damage.
    Get a hold of PSE and they will get you taken care of..
    You can take the boy off the farm but not the farm out of the boy!

the presses that just fit on the limb tips are not the right presses.
    those try to collapse the limbs and not bend them in the right direction.
    this looks like what happened.

take your wife back in there with mascara running down her teary cheeks and let her tell him what he did to her bow.

good for a dozen arrows anyhow!
    WHITETAILS, WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF
    CLOSE SHOT ARTIST

PSE AXE7--PSE DNA

Just put strings on? yup that's what I thought to.

I had a 2012 Dream season Evo in Skullworks... bought it brand new just before season.. no custom strings.. just set at 27.5 draw ad 70#... had hunted with it for about a month... no damage to the bow. It was sitting on my bow hanger on a evening hunt and the top left limb just cracked. I heard a ding.. traded the bow in for a used monster.. but missed that bow so much that I've got a Skullworks DNA on order. Shot great with the Evo but never understood why it would break just hanging on the bow hanger... PSE might need to step there quality up in my opinion. Love PSE.. shot them since I was little. Performance is great.. just that quality factor. I'm not sure if its there.

I've had my evo since new in 2011 and have never had a problem. Think the quality is just fine. I even accidentally dry fired my bow and the limbs held up. Get new limbs for your wife and she will be fine.
    PSE Militia
    PSE Evo skulls, pure 75 driven, gold tip xt 300's, 125 viper tricks
    Team 30-Crimson vanes

Had three sets of limbs that were installed by PSE fail on an Omen Pro. Each time it was the top left that popped in the same location as the OPs. The bow was never pressed after it came back from PSE and I was shooting 464 grain arrows. Sometimes it happens! PSE will take care of you though. They are very good to deal with.
    I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Yeah, I had one snap on an Omen also. Not that bad though; mine just cracked. PSE made it good though. I'd love to know the failure rate of these composite limbs. Carbon Fiber is tough, but sometimes the binders get bubbles, or the mesh gets torn; tough to work with. I think all of the past parallel limbs come from Gordon Composites, regardless of what bow manufacturer is using them. They (PSE) buys blanks, designs the final shape, and (maybe) machines them, but doesn't actually 'manufacture' limbs, nor do any bow companies these days...they are becoming just 'contract packagers', as we call them.
    2008 X-Force
    2008 X-Force DS
    2014 Full Throttle...373 IBO!
    30", 70#, 375gr. Hunting Machines

seem a 895 limbs of bows monocam
    these limbs are short and more delicate in flexion
    I just broke a limb in a dry fire because a wire stop, banging on the limb

Just a follow up, PSE shipped me new limbs last friday and I'm still waiting for them. Also, the press used to change the string was an EZ Press by Last Chance Archery, which is on the list of PSE approved presses...