a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Food Plot W/ 3 Deer Creek Seed Blends

Food Plot W/ 3 Deer Creek Seed Blends

Got my plots in Saturday with Succotash, Spring Greens and Frosty Delight. These little Kubota's and a tiller are amazing. Didn't till up as much as I wanted for fear of erosion so I left strips of grass between plots. After the plots thicken I might till the grass and finish up. One side of the hill has the Frosty Delight where I have a bow stand. The other side of the hill by the blind has the Spring Greens mix. This is a high line right of way with two retaining ponds in the valley and one holds water all the time. Surrounding this is woods to the left of the stand, a sliver of woods to the right surrounded by corn/soybean rotation.
    Attached Images Attached Images

At our home farm I put in the Succotash Blend. As you can see this is in an alfalfa field butted up to thicket then hardwoods. The first pic is farther away to give the layout. I have a stand in the center of that point. Nice sunset to end the day. Had deer out in this field Sat. evening eating and on the other plot had deer watching me till up the land. Come'on rain, is predicted for tomorrow! Thanks for your insight Nutritionist and will keep all posted.

Have a tower stand in the lower right pic but can't really see. It's at the top edge of where the tilled dirt is. Gun stand that my wife and I sit in.

Lookin' real good. Food plotting has it's own rewards..........and occasional disappointments!
    ....................Sent via Overland Pony Express.............

"We've upped our standards. Up yours"

Finally got some rain last night! The plots I am told are up about 1 1/2" and look beautiful. I'm supposed to be receiving pics but still waiting...

Ok not the quality pics I was expecting but take what I can get since I'm not there. Also some body watching while he was taking pics

Just got some new pics. This is the Succotash plot and is filling in nicely. The deer don't seem to be topping it cause it's right next to a big clover field which is good. I'll be headed to the farm next weekend to get some more pictures. Looks like the deer are starting to rub just wish they'd pick different trees. They sure love evergreens but each tree they hit is about $20-$25 shot.
    image.jpg

Looking Great

lets hope mother nature is kind to everyone's plots this fall...
    rain, sunshine and heat are all essential for success.

Great looking plots man

15 PSE Decree on order #70
    08 PSE Money Maker X LF # 70 27"DL
    07 PSE X-Force HF 6 #70 26"DL
    Vortex Razor 10x42
    GT Ultra light pro 300-400 GT Pro X-Cutter GT Kinetic XT 300

Took these pics 2 weeks ago of the Succotash plot. Filling in nicely and the deer are venturing from the clover to this now. This plot is doing best by far. The Frosty Delight is filling in ok but nothing like this one and the Spring Greens isn't doing to much. That was planted more so for next year and kind of an experiment. The last pic is a spot where the deer are digging and eating already.