Archery Talk Forum banner

New To Whitetail Hunting

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  manowar669 
#1 ·
This will be my first year of any kind of archery hunting, so I have a lot to learn.

What do you guys carry in the field with you assuming you're going to be out in a stand all day? I mean down to the nat's ass detail, what is in your pockets & pack?

#2 ·
Water or something to drink...thermocell early season..binos,deer calls.small cutters,headnet gloves.pull rope..coverup scents..always wear a watch amust.... cell phone turned on vib ,safety harness a must and tell somebody where you ll be and what time your comming home and a whistle if something happens....face paint for backup when you leave your headnet at the truck..lol

#6 ·
Not a dumb question at all. I carry 2 bottles wrapped in a clothe camo tape to keep them quiet. Letting it fly is not an option when I am archery hunting. Deer will spook from the smell of urine because of your diet. I also wash them out with antiseptic and unscented soap and use the same bottles all season. Don't forget your crossbow, cocker and arrows.

#10 ·
Hey Ghost ,just wait till you get to be a old frat like me ,I could use a tube ,and let it rip every hour .Bottle for me .not just a knife but a outdoor edge knife .or even a havalon ,don't forget the wind is your friend ,or could be your worse enemy .have fun and be safe .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.