a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: HDX or Smackdown Pro on Energy 35

HDX or Smackdown Pro on Energy 35

Does one work better than the other on the E series??

I have seen other posts on this subject and most seem to prefer the HDX but I have never heard anything bad about the Smackdown pro. I just bought an E35 and I had them put an HDX on it. It should be here today and I can not wait to shoot it. Good luck.

I'd go with the HDX...The Smackdown Pro is a picky rest, works decent on some bows and will drive you crazy on others..I've always been a TrophyTaker fan but the SD Pros I've played with on hybrid cam bows was a tuning nightmare. They seem to do better on binary cam bows like the Elites but the HDX rest is a simple rest to set up...On my person Elite 35 I ended up running a Ripcord SOS, I like that it cocks up & contains the arrow for hunting but it's still a limb driven rest that runs off the bottom limb, I've put a lot of arrows through mine so far and it's really performed well for me.
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 Snow, QAD Hoyt HDX, Sure Loc LW Max, Fuse Quiver, B-Stinger stabs, GT Pro Hunter arrows

I switched from a blade to a SD pro on my e35 a few weeks ago. Once my cord got all the stretch out of it it's been fine. I'm going to run the SD pro on my e32 when I'm able to pay it off.
    Cherokee County Archers, B2 Bowstrings

I have an Elite QAD HDX that came on a used E35 I bought. The plan was to swap it out right away, but I liked the look of the rest. Within 250 shots, I noticed I was getting fletching contact. Sure enough, something is wrong with the rest and I will be sending it back to QAD for repair. I put my Limbdriver Pro V, set the center shot and elevation, and perfect bullet hole through paper. The QAD will be in the classifieds as soon as I get it back from QAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry24 View Post
    I have an Elite QAD HDX that came on a used E35 I bought. The plan was to swap it out right away, but I liked the look of the rest. Within 250 shots, I noticed I was getting fletching contact. Sure enough, something is wrong with the rest and I will be sending it back to QAD for repair. I put my Limbdriver Pro V, set the center shot and elevation, and perfect bullet hole through paper. The QAD will be in the classifieds as soon as I get it back from QAD.
    Quick question. Does the limb driver set screw actually set in the riser? Something I forgot to mention in my earlier post is the set screw on the smack down pro is on the far end of the mounting bracket. There is no riser beneath it so it's basically useless. I'm sure hoping it's not going to be an issue with my e32 but it will probably be the same.

Cherokee County Archers, B2 Bowstrings

The LD has 4 different spots, so it should hit the riser in at least 1 of the holes. However, I don't use the set screw.