a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: 750'ish acres Western KY, Crittenden County, Crop land...

750'ish acres Western KY, Crittenden County, Crop land...

Crittenden County, close to Shady Grove.

I finally got the farm I've been trying to get for almost 2 years.

We are putting 6 hunters on the farm. This being said, of the 5 guys I have right now, 4 of us have other KY property to hunt and we hunt a bunch of ground in IL.

I was told there is a house with power on the land, I do not know what condition it is in. If we choose, I was also told it would be about $1500 to get the water repaired.

There is also a bed and breakfast close by, it is nice and clean. The lady charged me $30 per night my last stay last April. There is also room for a camper.

The main reason I am interested in this farm is because there is potential for B&C bucks. There have been some very nice bucks taken off this property and in the area. I spoke with the local biologist and he told me he personally knew of 15 B&C bucks taken from Crittenden last year. He also told me some of the better hunting in the county is around Shady Grove.

Last year when I looked at the property, the crops were beans, therefor they should be heavy with corn this year, followed up with wheat.

I do not have the turkey rights.

2 main rules:
    I am looking for 2 hunters that will let young bucks walk, harvesting mature bucks ONLY!!!! Feel free to kill all the does you want, either real early season or late season (we don't need to be killing does during the rut).

No drama, if drama follows you around, please keep walking. If it's not fun, it's not worth it.

If you are seriously interested, SEND A PM with your email address or phone # and I will send you what I have (pics and aerials).

We are looking for someone with other Midwest places to hunt or has limited time to hunt, and no one local (sorry), we want to keep the pressure as low as possible.

$1800 per hunter.

Hunted all around shady grove. There is a place there that does hunts and they shoot the piss out of deer. There are one or 2 monsters killed off the guys property every year. But the up and comers get hammered. Loved hunting shady grove area. Tons of deer. If your close to the farm on brown rd., that allows no hunting then your setting right. Big deer on that place, saw them every year, never lucky enough for one to cross my path for a shot. Good luck awesome place

Quote Originally Posted by Treehugger98 View Post
    Hunted all around shady grove. There is a place there that does hunts and they shoot the piss out of deer. There are one or 2 monsters killed off the guys property every year. But the up and comers get hammered. Loved hunting shady grove area. Tons of deer. If your close to the farm on brown rd., that allows no hunting then your setting right. Big deer on that place, saw them every year, never lucky enough for one to cross my path for a shot. Good luck awesome place
    We are in-between Shady Grove and Marion, and there have been several monsters taken from this property as well.

I will be working on adding more property adjacent to us to add to what we have.

Awsome place, the guy I hunted with had a great setup, just no rules on the size. There was a 190 come off his property last year. I would go back. I may interested next year keep me in mind for next year. Next egg has been spent

Wow, he is a big buck with a lot of character. I have seen a few bucks killed from this land, very similar size and character.

Killed right below the fire dept in shady grove.

Pm answered

Few bucks taken from this property...

Is this bowhunting only?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    Is this bowhunting only?
    No it is not

Dang a shame

Looks like a great place. I mean a shame for bow hunters only

I bow hunt 98.94562537% of the year, getting my boom stick out on one of my farms for the remaining 1.1% is not a shame.

Every once in a while the 7MM Ultra Mag has got to scream

It is a DARN good farm!!! As for know, we are full. If someone does not pay, I will let y'all know.

GL this year!!!

Good deal good luck

1800 and no turkey hunting rights.........you can find way cheaper in the same area for year round rights......just fyi

Quote Originally Posted by hoyttech13 View Post
    1800 and no turkey hunting rights.........you can find way cheaper in the same area for year round rights......just fyi
    For Prime hunting land, where they have been taking a 160 or better every year?? Please PM me, I am very interested??

Every tract I have found is $15 + per acre. I have seen as low as $8, but not in this area, further east. Most of the good tracts I have found are usually more like $20 to $25 per acre.

Trust me, if I can get it for less, I would, and hunt less people.