Thread: Stormy patriot

Stormy patriot

Any hunt with stormy patiot?

I love that camo but how realistic is it to hunt with?

I just bet it'll kill deer just fine.
    Proud Shooter of Breathn Built bows
    John's Custom Archery Killing Staff
    Stormy Hardwoods Camo

Trust me, I have hunted with some flashy bows.. Has never hurt me. I would think any stormy pattern would do just fine.
    EXWOLVERINE STAFF SHOOTER... FOR THE BEST IN STRINGS VISIT...
    parknsonsarchery.com
    NO LIMIT ARCHERY STAFF... PROUDLY SHOOTING THE RINGER RELEASE AND GRAVE DIGGER BROADHEADS

You will be just fine hunting with the Patriot pattern.
    Prostaff Black Eagle Arrows
    Prostaff Hogwire Custom Strings
    Shooting Staff Bohning Archery
    Staff Shooter Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers
    Staff Shooter Obsession Bows

I wasn't too sure about stormy hardwoods but I saw some on a Phoenix and it looks bad Azz.

People get so hung up on camo but to me it's about keeping still.

isnt that camo mostly blue? from what i have heard, blue is the only color that deer can pick out. i would never hunt with anything blue.

Quote Originally Posted by tfd1224 View Post
    isnt that camo mostly blue? from what i have heard, blue is the only color that deer can pick out. i would never hunt with anything blue.
    This is true, stay away from blue. Get yourself a Bloodtrail bow. They look awesome.
    Obsession Evolution 29.5"/70#
    Easton Injexions 420 gr / 321 fps / 96# KE - NAP Killzones
    Stokerized SS1 - HHA Optimizer - QAD HDX

BULL shoot it all day long. Deer don't see it and say hey that guy has a nice blue looking bow. By the way he is 25 ft up. Think he is gonna shoot me . Hunt it love it and have fun Stormy for life
    2014 Obsession Phoenix 60# @28
    Stormy Hardwoods Natural
    QAD HDX Rest Black
    K-Tech SH Natural KSB-1 String Stop
    K-Tech SH Natural MX7 Stabilizer

Quote Originally Posted by BNH610 View Post
    BULL shoot it all day long. Deer don't see it and say hey that guy has a nice blue looking bow. By the way he is 25 ft up. Think he is gonna shoot me . Hunt it love it and have fun Stormy for life
    Findings of the Study
    The results of our study confirmed that deer possess two (rather than three as in humans) types of cones allowing limited color vision (Figure 1). The cone that deer lack is the “red” cone, or the one sensitive to long wavelength colors such as red and orange. This suggests that wearing bright colors while hunting does not affect hunting success. This does not mean that these colors are invisible to deer, but rather that they are perceived differently.

Deer are essentially red-green color blind like some humans. Their color vision is limited to the short (blue) and middle (green) wavelength colors. As a result, deer likely can distinguish blue from red, but not green from red, or orange from red. Therefore, it appears that hunters would be equally suited wearing green, red, or orange clothing but perhaps slightly disadvantaged wearing blue.

copied from the qdma website, always know your opponent, and use every advantage you can.