Archery Talk Forum banner

Opinions on Carter "2 Shot" wrist release?

11K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  hawk45 
#1 ·
Looking to try one of these out and wanted to see what peoples thoughts are on them. I have a Carter Target 3 and like it, but like to have a wrist release also. I have a Scott Shark I've been using for several years and looking for an upgrade.

Thanks,
Hawk

#9 ·
I have one I've been using for a number of years. Awesome release for hunting. They are not noisy if you load it carefully. I've had deer inside of 10yds and did not spook them loading it. What's nice about a closed hook is once they are attached you dont have to worry about it coming off if you are watching and waiting on a deer. All your attention can be on the animal. I've got mine set with very little sear travel before it trips. Its like pulling the trigger on a fine rifle... just keep squeezing and boom! ... it goes off.

#10 ·
Thanks guys.. I prefer a closed hook also for letdown safety. I have a few bows with lots of letoff and just don't trust a hook as much when the cam decides to engage on letdown. With all the videos out there, I can't find one about the 2 shot. I want to see how it works.

#11 ·
It's an old release so you probably wont find much about it. There are so many good releases out these days but it sounds like your set on the 2 shot.

#14 ·
I like the Stacy 4play the best. Most people have never heard of it The trigger is very clean adjustable they are only about $80 shipped with your choice of wrist straps also. I have been using mine for almost 20 years without a problem

#19 ·
Totally disagree ...If your Overkill wasn't crisp then you didn't have it adjusted properly ..there is absolutely no creep in their releases !
I built custom rifles for awhile & know how a trigger is suppose to feel ..and the Overkill feels right !
Every release needs to be taken apart periodically & cleaned. I use a dri lube on my releases & clean mine about every 6 months ...dirt is never issue !
Yes, they are expensive but as I mentioned you can find them once in awhile in the classifies at a reasonable cost
Yes, there are allot of good feeling releases, but none better !
Again, just my opinion ...:wink:

#20 ·
The 2 shot is the best closed jaw, wrist strap release on the market today STILL. Zero creep, clean crisp release. They're noisy if you aren't careful with them. Target release accuracy. Started both kids and my wife with them. My wife and daughter still use them. Carter will put whatever springs you want in it so it can be a heavy or light trigger. Can't beat it!

#25 ·
put an extra heavy spring in it and shoot it back tension--it's great.

What do you mean about let down issues?

#27 ·
I have shot the 2 shot for about 7 years now. I owned quite a few wrist releases from other makers that were good. But for me, the 2 shot is the best by far. It has the best trigger. Like a superb firearm trigger, the break is clean and there is absolutely zero travel. And it can be adjusted heavy or light. I have hunted deer from a tree stand that were 5-10 yards from the base of my tree that never heard my release A) attach to the Dloop and B) fire. I've shot bear and Elk spot and stalk and it was much better than a hook style. Never had an issue with it wearing out a Dloop either.

#30 ·
What are you thoughts about trying a hook style, like the Quickie Plus? I've been kind of afraid of trying a hook b/c it doesn't seem as safe for let-down, but after doing some reading the past day or so, it looks like my fears are unwarranted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.